Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

Interview can be seen here: https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/van-gils-gasten/2017/van-gils---gasten-d20171130.ch.9100b139-4514-402f-a23f-8b8056b1862e/

It's obviously Pukkelpop he's referring too, Eppo's a big fan and would never give them to the Lokerse Feesten. Hope they are not headlining though, because I'd like some other big names. But seeing who's headlined in the past few years, I think they will. Would go watch regardless. The National into The War on Drugs in 2014 is still one of my favourite PKP nights.

I hope we get Frank Ocean too, and Arcuse seems to believe he could be booked (he mentioned on another site).

Another certain name is Brockhampton I think. They were announced for some fest in Norway that's in the same weekend. A big hype sure, but I really like them. They remind me a lot of Odd Future. Releasing their third album already this year in 2 weeks, so they should have enough material to play :D.

1 hour ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

I hope we get Frank Ocean too, and Arcuse seems to believe he could be booked (he mentioned on another site).

That was referring to this year (2017). :)  But with a new album coming up and his recent statements 'that 2018 is going to be a lot better than 2017', who knows..

I think just like last year and the most recent years aswell, I think they're going to choose safe headliners that are gonna move a good chunk of tickets but not something crazy. I saw in the R&L-topic already a good amount of suggestions but these are the ones where I'm thinking of right now (as big names on the lineup): Arcade Fire, Imagine Dragons, Florence + The Machine, Arctic Monkeys, The National, Macklemore, The War On Drugs, Royal Blood, Twenty One Pilots, The 1975, The Libertines, Bonobo...

3 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Ive not logged onto efests since the day before this years PKP, my predicitions from a few weeks ago were

Killers - Arcade Fire - Depeche Mode

Can see DM in the marquee, I'd love it if Morrissey were there though and an undercard must have act for me this year is Fever Ray.

Depeche Mode won't be playing the Marquee if they play Pukkelpop.

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Haven festival in Denmark, taking place in the weekend prior to Pukkelpop, has released its initial lineup:

image.thumb.png.97f5b5167d22fa48929fd878765e54c0.png

Looks promising for Pukkelpop. I'd take most of them. Just hope that AF don't get booked for Summer Sonic in Japan on the same weekend.

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

I really hope Justice appear, Prodigy are about due to their new album coming out and Prydz could make up for his canceled slot?

Anyone think Chvrches could play too, they hinted heavily at more dates tba on their Facebook post announcing TRNSMT.

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 11.19.58.png

Always a chance the Prodigy will turn up, although there are a lot more cheaper options for a closer than them. I'd prefer Justice tbh. Think maybe that the Eric Prydz ship may have sailed with him cancelling for without much of a reason (I could be wrong) a couple of years ago.

Seen that Patti Smith was confirmed last month for Oya - wouldn't mind seeing her in the Marquee. 

At least Justice won't be in Japan over Pukkelpop as they were there last year. Same goes for Phoenix, Kasabian and Royal Blood, all of whom I'd love at PP.  Does leave the door open for the Foos as well - they have a August sized gap in their touring schedule and haven't played PP or Reading & Leeds in what will be 6 years - not sure if the Belgian and UK tour dates rule them out but I think they're popular enough to do both without affecting ticket sales too much.

Calvin Harris can fuck off though.

SUMMER SONIC 2017 lineup released! BABYMETAL to perform as second headliner

Edited by DiscothequeDave