Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

39 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

About 200 crazy people already waiting at the entrance of camping A. I really don't get why you would sleep there tonight just to have a good spot, but then again, I go home by bike so can't really relate :P.

Really? Last year I was half way camping Chill and even then I was at the festival site in no time. Crazy youngsters. 

@Death By Sexy Weird thing is they were all gone just half an hour ago. No idea what that was about. Maybe some people that had to come work or whatever and they arrived at the wrong spot?

Anyway, I'm completely hyped now! Having some pre-drinks with the group now. Have a good festival everyone! I'd come to the meeting too, but I wake up around 12 or something and never arrive before 2:30-3 pm.

Edited by TheKiewitGuy

21 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

@Death By Sexy Weird thing is they were all gone just half an hour ago. No idea what that was about. Maybe some people that had to come work or whatever and they arrived at the wrong spot?

Anyway, I'm completely hyped now! Having some pre-drinks with the group now. Have a good festival everyone! I'd come to the meeting too, but I wake up around 12 or something and never arrive before 2:30-3 pm.

Maybe it was the crew? The crew camping is right beside Camping Chill. 

I am pre drinking on my own. Just one beer while listening to Superorganism. I'll be at the gates tomorrow around 10am. 

What a great job has done Chokri’s daughter, with her ideas for the line-up.

Next year they will try to book all Kardashian family playing covers.

Now they will have to make lot of refunds, not good for their financial issues.

After Rihanna and Travis Scott, have they learnt the lesson??

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Arnold said:

What a great job has done Chokri’s daughter, with her ideas for the line-up.

Next year they will try to book all Kardashian family playing covers.

Now they will have to make lot of refunds, not good for their financial issues.

After Rihanna and Travis Scott, have they learnt the lesson??

Refund? Why?

Nobody is going to miss Travis Scott.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

First of all. Hahahaha hahahaha.

Second of all, what a complete c**t of the highest order. Unforseen obligations my fucking arse. And a cheap replacement to boot. What a farce.

I don't care that he's cancelled but it's still a disgrace. His fee could have paid for someone decent who'd have showed up. 

31 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

But the festival is to blame for the way they handle this. I'm sure this 'unexpected' cancelation has been known for days/weeks. 

Announcing that your Friday headliner won't be playing 1 day beforehand, while you could've at least done that a week ago, is egregious.... 

This festival (I once loved) continues to surprise me. 

Why are you so sure? Mister Scott canceled last-minute two years ago as well. He’s a twat.

• Downvote 2

15 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

First of all. Hahahaha hahahaha.

Second of all, what a complete c**t of the highest order. Unforseen obligations my fucking arse. And a cheap replacement to boot. What a farce.

I see the prick has also cancelled his appearance at Blockfest in Finland (2nd time he's cancelled Finland as well) They've replaced him with Nas. Just goes to show that replacements are out there at short notice if the festival can be arsed picking up the phone and paying the money.

Anyway, site looks good. Not a fan of the walk boards theyve put down, seem a bit unnecessary tbh, but yeah - checking in and getting the wristband was a breeze.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

18 hours ago, Chimme said:

Travis Scott is to blame here, not the festival. 

Those invitations to perform for the MTV Awards get send out weeks before, like Dave said it was reported the 8th but I'm 100% his mgmt and the organisation knew this way before that date and I'm sure he canceled even before the 8th. It's just another easy way to still grab the money of the kids that wanted to see Scott with him at the top of the bill instead of just communicating that he's not coming some time beforehand and actually trying to get a decent replacement. This move from PKP only comes very douchy over and shows no sympathy whatsoever to their target audience.

Turned into an amazing night after a fairly slow start. Didn't really get going till UMO and then absolute lift off from there. Arcade Fire were amazing as usual but The War on Drugs were absolutely outstanding. Really wasn't expecting that. One of the best gigs I've ever seen. 

Now for Shit Friday :-)

• Upvote 1