Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

21 minutes ago, Mellett said:

Wondering if anyone could help me in regards to the free train ticket you can get when you purchase a ticket. Flying into and out of different airports and was wondering if you had to return to the same place you departed from on the first journey for the train? Also are any transfers needed to get to your destination (say transfer from hasselt to Kiewit) free as oppose to buying another ticket? 

Thanks 

Not 100% about the different airports bit but I don't think it's possible - I tried to do it the other year flying from Charloi and back via Eindhoven.  maybe worth emailing info@pukkelpop.be or hello@pukkelpop.be for that. 

In terms of transfers, Kiewit has it's own station which is the one straight after Hasselt. As long as your train line goes from the destination you stated you should be fine.  If you need to get anything from Hasselt and get back on the train to Kiewit, your ticket will be valid. Or of course get the free shuttle bus.

Hope that helps

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Not 100% about the different airports bit but I don't think it's possible - I tried to do it the other year flying from Charloi and back via Eindhoven.  maybe worth emailing info@pukkelpop.be or hello@pukkelpop.be for that. 

In terms of transfers, Kiewit has it's own station which is the one straight after Hasselt. As long as your train line goes from the destination you stated you should be fine.  If you need to get anything from Hasselt and get back on the train to Kiewit, your ticket will be valid. Or of course get the free shuttle bus.

Hope that helps

Thanks I’ll email them now and see what they say. 

As an experienced Pukkelpop goer, I joined this forum to discuss the line-up and maybe meet some of the foreign visitors, but now it seems I’m being downvoted for almost everything I post here, lol. Pretty weird and awkward. 

I don’t really understand why. Hope everyone has a great festival though, no hard feelings. I’m off.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Chimme said:

As an experienced Pukkelpop goer, I joined this forum to discuss the line-up and maybe meet some of the foreign visitors, but now it seems I’m being downvoted for almost everything I post here, lol. Pretty weird and awkward. 

I don’t really understand why. Hope everyone has a great festival though, no hard feelings. I’m off.

I didn't even know you could downvote someone.

29 minutes ago, Chimme said:

I think the downvotes would have been aimed at the 'If you want "big names only", then go to Werchter' comment (not me btw). Most of the regular poster are also experienced Pukkelpoppers as well and we know that RW gets the bigger names but nowhere near the depth and variation of Pukkelpop (not to mention the fun and party side of it) which is why we choose it over RW, with many of us making the effort to fly over for it. With all the time, cash and effort and dare I say it, love we put into the festival, it may annoy some of us when we are told to go somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Chimme said:

Downvotes, meh. Don't sweat it mate. Everyone on here is sound, never seen any sniping, never seen anyone having a pop at anyone. Come along to the PKP Cafe, 1:30pm on Friday, have a beer, all will be well with the world.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chimme said:

This thread has always managed to avoid the childish trend of downvoting posts because you disagree with someone's opinion and although there's been a bit of it this time it's nothing like on par with other festivals across the forum. Yes it can be a bit irritating but I don't think any of us take it too seriously so no need to come off the site @Chimme. There's people out there who just go round active threads randomly downvoting because they're a bit sad and have nothing better to do - just watch as it will no doubt happen to me here :lol: 

I doubt it's any of the regulars so let's keep the discussion going and continue to build up the anticipation until we all head off next week!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I think the downvotes would have been aimed at the 'If you want "big names only", then go to Werchter' comment (not me btw). Most of the regular poster are also experienced Pukkelpoppers as well and we know that RW gets the bigger names but nowhere near the depth and variation of Pukkelpop (not to mention the fun and party side of it) which is why we choose it over RW, with many of us making the effort to fly over for it. With all the time, cash and effort and dare I say it, love we put into the festival, it may annoy some of us when we are told to go somewhere else.

Ok, if I came across like that, I apologize. I’m not a native speaker, and I meant to speak in general terms. Of course I didn’t mean to say that any of you had to go to another festival. It is obvious to me that most people here love Pukkelpop as much as I do. I was just trying to say that the “big names” don’t matter much at Pukkelpop, and that-according to me-the festival has always had it’s focus on young people and the taste of the moment, whether it’s dubstep, mumble rap, d&b, punk, pop, metal, dance...

From the first time I visited Pukkelpop, I fell in love with the festival and it’s always the highlight of my musical year. Maybe I’m trying to defend it too much if people are complaining about the line-up. Sorry about that.

We are having a few days of rain now, and the temperatures have dropped rather drastically. It’s still looking great for later next week.

Looking forward to next Wednesday! And see you at PKP Café on Friday.

• Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, Chimme said:

From the first time I visited Pukkelpop, I fell in love with the festival and it’s always the highlight of my musical year. Maybe I’m trying to defend it too much if people are complaining about the line-up. Sorry about that.

It's probably all our highlights of the musical year, its definitely mine. Any criticism I've given it this year is because I want the one weak day (to me) to be as good as the other two days, which are strong as fuck (again, to me)

Definitely up for a beer, but won't be there that early (never am to be honest). Hope to catch you and everyone else for a cold one later on in the day.

2 hours ago, Chimme said:

Ok, if I came across like that, I apologize. I’m not a native speaker, and I meant to speak in general terms. Of course I didn’t mean to say that any of you had to go to another festival. It is obvious to me that most people here love Pukkelpop as much as I do. I was just trying to say that the “big names” don’t matter much at Pukkelpop, and that-according to me-the festival has always had it’s focus on young people and the taste of the moment, whether it’s dubstep, mumble rap, d&b, punk, pop, metal, dance...

We are having a few days of rain now, and the temperatures have dropped rather drastically. It’s still looking great for later next week.

Hey, no need to apologise as we're all friends here!! I'm completely sincere when I say I have the utmost respect for you and everyone else that actively joins in the discussion when English is your second (or even third/fourth) language. I'd be embarrassed to try and take part in a local forum in the native tongue as I'd be relying solely on Google translate :lol: I'm as guilty as anyone of defending PKP (as I am a self-confessed fanboy!) but I think some of our criticism comes from how much we love the festival - we all want it to be the very best it can be every year.

This thread has been so much richer the last few years due to all the Belgian and Dutch people (and a few other nations!) that have got involved. You provide us Brits with loads of inside info we wouldn't otherwise have and it's a testament to your knowledge (when possibly combined with our enthusiasm!) that this is arguably the most active PKP forum on the net. A few years ago we'd be lucky to get this thread into double figures but now we're on 40+ pages and the festival hasn't even started yet! Granted most of that is us moaning about how shite Friday is but nevertheless it's still progress ;)

Edited by Semprini

10 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Has anyone managed to purchase the Diabalo? Can't seem to but it online, I could buy a ticket but not a Diabalo on its own. I am sure I have just bought it at the station in the airport, but would prefer to prepare in advance.

Looks like you can only buy it with a ticket, which is a bit daft.

Hi Guys. Me and a few mates are heading over to PKP and staying in Relax +. I was just wondering what type of activities are on in the campsites during the day if we're not ready to make the trek into the festival site. I heard there's an animation team but I can't find their program anywhere online. Is there anyone who has stayed in relax + here who can shed some light on what it's like?

Hope you all enjoy the few days. 

13 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Oh, practical question. Is there  Lidl/Aldi or a Superdrug type place in Hasselt? Need to pick up some Factor 30 to protect me from the forecast sun but want to pay as little as possible as it'll not be coming home with me (100ml airport scenario)

There's an Aldi, but not in the centre. Hasselt's not known for it's budget stores. I'm in a similar predicament regarding shower gel (I go through it like nobodys business)

Belly Cancels - no replacement, obviously.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Not sure when it was added but there's now a proper map on the site:

https://www.pukkelpop.be/en/info/map/

@TheNewUnion - I'm travelling on the ferry so can bring what I like - got some factor 50 stuff I bought for the kids which we haven't really used as it's not once a day and needs to be reapplied after swimming etc. I've got two of them so can either meet you on Weds night or I'll put them in our locker and you can use one over the weekend.  

I'll sort out a shower gel Dave - will get the biggest Tesco value one I can find so we all smell great!!!

pkp18festivalsite.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Oh, practical question. Is there  Lidl/Aldi or a Superdrug type place in Hasselt? Need to pick up some Factor 30 to protect me from the forecast sun but want to pay as little as possible as it'll not be coming home with me (100ml airport scenario)

There are 2 “Kruidvat” stores in Hasselt, they have their own brand of factor 30 which is very cheap but still ok. And what’s more, they sometimes have small bottles of it as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

There is a Spar near the Train Station, you can try that one.

https://www.spar.be/winkels/spar-express-hasselt-station

10 hours ago, Boilerroom123 said:

Hi Guys. Me and a few mates are heading over to PKP and staying in Relax +. I was just wondering what type of activities are on in the campsites during the day if we're not ready to make the trek into the festival site. I heard there's an animation team but I can't find their program anywhere online. Is there anyone who has stayed in relax + here who can shed some light on what it's like?

Hope you all enjoy the few days. 

You should be able to play badmington, football,... There is space to do some sports and staff to provide you gear.