Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

5 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Bloody hell. They've hardly pushed the boat out, have they. Some piss poor bookings this year. Wonder if they were let down by some acts who they had planned in to fill the gaps?

Pappa Roach wouldn't sell out my local pub (I'll probably watch them for that one song I know)

Think they'll go down well with the Belgians. If you're a rock/metal fan then Fridays a good day. If you're not and you don't like drum and bass and mumble rap, then you're fucked.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

23 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Bloody hell. They've hardly pushed the boat out, have they. Some piss poor bookings this year. Wonder if they were let down by some acts who they had planned in to fill the gaps?

I'm wondering if this years strategy is to let it seem like there is big names to come and then bumping up names to those empty slots and booking cheaper bands to prop the day up. Happened several times now. Shithouse thing to do if it's done on purpose.

So -

Thursday – Kelly Lee Owens / Death From Above / Rag N Bone Man / UMO / Dua Lipa / Grizzly Bear / TWOD / Arcade Fire / Jess Glynne / Arcade Fire / Martin Solveig / San Soda 

8.5/10

Friday – JD McPherson / Riton & Kah Lo / NERD / A-Trak / Goose or Sons of Kemet / Todd Terje / Locked Groove

2/10

Saturday – Confidence Man / Ron Gallo / RBCF / Maribou State / The Blaze / Gogo Penguin / Vitalic / King Giz / Justice / Kendrick Lamar

8.5/10

22 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

So -

Thursday – Kelly Lee Owens / Death From Above / Rag N Bone Man / UMO / Dua Lipa / Grizzly Bear / TWOD / Arcade Fire / Jess Glynne / Arcade Fire / Martin Solveig / San Soda 

8.5/10

Friday – JD McPherson / Riton & Kah Lo / NERD / A-Trak / Goose or Sons of Kemet / Todd Terje / Locked Groove

2/10

Saturday – Confidence Man / Ron Gallo / RBCF / Maribou State / The Blaze / Gogo Penguin / Vitalic / King Giz / Justice / Kendrick Lamar

8.5/10

Thursday

Thunderpussy - Phoebe Bridgers / Kelly Lee Owens - Death From Above - Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Dua Lipa / Shellac / James Holden & The Animal Spirits - The War On Drugs - Arcade Fire 

7/10

Friday

Whispering Sons - Moaning - Sudan Archives / JD McPherson - METZ / Ho99o9 - Benjamin Clementine - Amenra - Rhye - Sons Of Kemet - Madensuyu

8.5/10

Saturday

Mauro & De Kempenzonen - King Tuff - Confidence Man / Marlon Williams - Ron Gallo - Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - La Dispute - Sleaford Mods / GoGo Penguin - Protomartyr - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard / Jungle - The Black Angels - Kendrick Lamar / Cigarettes After Sex

8.5/10

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Saturday: King Tuff-Marlon Williams or Confidence Man (this is a really tricky one, cannot decide which way to go)-Chase Atlantic-Rolling Blackouts CF-GOGO Penguin-Roisin-Jungle or King Giz-Justice-Kendrick (to see what all the fuss is about, I will almost certainly not like it and go somewhere else)

42 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Saturday: King Tuff-Marlon Williams or Confidence Man (this is a really tricky one, cannot decide which way to go)-Chase Atlantic-Rolling Blackouts CF-GOGO Penguin-Roisin-Jungle or King Giz-Justice-Kendrick (to see what all the fuss is about, I will almost certainly not like it and go somewhere else)

Confidence Man will be one of the sets of the weekend. I like MW but it's no contest for me. Jungle again are great but King Giz are one of the top live bands in the world for me right now so they get my vote again.

They're the two big decisions for Saturday. I would like to see Marlon Williams but I think I will ultimately lean towards the funner side of the clash to Confidence Man might well win. King Giz v Justice, I think it's a coin flip for me.

Thursday seems to be falling pretty well for me so far. Phoebe Bridgers or Flogging Molly a possible clash (but when you've seem on Boston Irish "punk" band, I suppose you've seen them all so might go for PB), everything else on Thurs runs pretty well, with some good gaps for food and beers.

11 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

They're the two big decisions for Saturday. I would like to see Marlon Williams but I think I will ultimately lean towards the funner side of the clash to Confidence Man might well win. King Giz v Justice, I think it's a coin flip for me.

Thursday seems to be falling pretty well for me so far. Phoebe Bridgers or Flogging Molly a possible clash (but when you've seem on Boston Irish "punk" band, I suppose you've seen them all so might go for PB), everything else on Thurs runs pretty well, with some good gaps for food and beers.

Thursday falls great for me too, pretty much flipping between the Main and the Marquee. Superorganism/Dirty Projectors/Rag n Bone Man is really only the clash of the day. Will probably go for Rag n Bone Man, or Dirty Projectors if its raining.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I gave it a try but 3 songs in and Travis Scott's album is utter shite. Even the one with Tame Impala. Worst Pukkelpop headliner ever.

hear hear !! Credits to you for "sticking in there"! 3 songs?! 

Edited by DaveRSV4
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Chimme said:

The weather forecast predicts lower temperatures and some rain. I really hope so, it would be a desert otherwise. 

Looks incredibly dry. Don't want it to rain whilst we're there of course but it definitely needs a shower or two. I remember it being like this in 2013 I think it was - pillow and bed were covered in sand/dust in the morning after the first day.