Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

3 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

Marquee is up! Picture beneath is the Marquee.

38005595_10215288104988278_3189476154624966656_n.jpg

That definitely looks like the same tent they had at Dour which you mentioned a couple of pages back. Being the geek that I am, I counted the side panels and this is a bigger version. I'm not completely convinced it's big enough though for the second stage at PKP (or an improvement on the tent they had last year) but it's not always easy to tell the dimensions from a picture. The roof looks higher so maybe that will give them more options with lighting etc. Wonder if the black sides = sweat box in hot weather (which is of course what we're going to get!!)?

Watching the Tomorrowland stream and Sasha just delivered a masterclass. Would love to see him and Digweed b2b in the Castello and the pity is they are playing Belfast on 19/8 so are around. The stages are again amazing and I really hope they do something decent with the Boiler this year. Last couple of efforts have been a bit uninspiring imo.

21 minutes ago, Semprini said:

That definitely looks like the same tent they had at Dour which you mentioned a couple of pages back. Being the geek that I am, I counted the side panels and this is a bigger version. I'm not completely convinced it's big enough though for the second stage at PKP (or an improvement on the tent they had last year) but it's not always easy to tell the dimensions from a picture. The roof looks higher so maybe that will give them more options with lighting etc. Wonder if the black sides = sweat box in hot weather (which is of course what we're going to get!!)?

Watching the Tomorrowland stream and Sasha just delivered a masterclass. Would love to see him and Digweed b2b in the Castello and the pity is they are playing Belfast on 19/8 so are around. The stages are again amazing and I really hope they do something decent with the Boiler this year. Last couple of efforts have been a bit uninspiring imo.

Those f**cking basketballs!

56 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Those f**cking basketballs!

:D Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall at the meeting when that one was pitched!! The disco balls last year weren't much better tbh as they didn't really do much. Let's hope they pull out all the stops this time...

2009 was probably my favourite. I'd never seen anything like that before as it looked like the roof was alive. Line up was really good for me then too - saw Sub Focus around 5pm on Thursday and that was before he'd released his first album and anyone had really heard of him. The final 4 hours that day were split between Eric Prydz and Andy C who were, and still are, two of my favourite DJs. I definitely preferred the lay out of the Boiler back then as it felt more immersive and like a proper club. Don't think the big hanger like tents help generate the same kind of atmosphere, especially during the day when it's really light inside.

2013 was pretty decent too, although I didn't like the tent being sideways on.

Image result for pukkelpop boiler room

2013 was awesome. The best thin I ever saw. The project mapping in 2012 was also good. 

Those basketballs in 2016....wtf. Worst thing I ever saw. Looked like the local boy scouts put something together.

This years Lift will be the same as the Marquee but much smaller. The entrance has transparant roofing. It looks interesting. 

20 hours ago, Semprini said:

2013 was pretty decent too, although I didn't like the tent being sideways on.

I actually prefered that in contrast to what they've been doing over a few years now: have some part of it open, kinda kills the club vibe of it imo. 2014 was my first year and I think also my first ever festival where I camped a weekend, got really attracted from the stories I heard from family and friends of the infamous Boiler Room and after looking some photos of it up, I got really dedicated in going for my first time. It kinda lost it's charm to me in 2015/16 with the open parts..

If you release your lineup with big gaps, then don't fill the I think you have to expect to lose quite a bit of goodwill. They surely have to fill the gaps, even if the announcement is met with a resounding "meh" you surely cannot release the lineup with a gap then just not fill it

9 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Very sad to hear. By weird coincidence (I didn't know the news until I read your post just a minute ago), I am wearing a John Maus T-shirt with Joe's face on it right now. It may even have been Joe who sold it to me from the side of the stage at BKS...

RIP

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

New discovery on the line-up for me today. Marlon Williams. Really enjoyed listening to his latest album just now, reminded me (mood wise) of maybe Rich Hawley or even Scott Walker a bit. 

It's good that they've put him the the Club. I caught him at BKS last year and while I like his voice, he was on the Main Stage and the performance seemed to get a bit lost out there. I think he'll benefit from a smaller stage and a more intimate atmosphere.

3 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

New discovery on the line-up for me today. Marlon Williams. Really enjoyed listening to his latest album just now, reminded me (mood wise) of maybe Rich Hawley or even Scott Walker a bit. 

Great music. 

Bought his self-titled album a few years ago, and really loved it. Changed his style a little bit on the new album but still great. 

Edited by Chimme
  • Downvote 1

Ho99o9 is brilliant of course, it's going to be the third time at Pukkelpop for them. Both previous shows were really exciting. 

EDIT: bummer is they're playing at the same time as METZ...

Edited by Chimme
  • Downvote 2

Thursday
- Flogging Molly and Walk Off The Earth moved up a spot, Circa Waves added
- No Castello addition, Tin Fingers moved up

Friday
- Papa Roach added for a prime spot on the main LOL
- Bruxelles Arrive and Warhola moved up a spot, Borns gets an upgraded spot from Castello to Dancehall
- Dvtch Norris gets added to Dancehall
- Ho9909 gets added on the spot of Borns in Castello
- No Lift addition, everything moves up a spot

Saturday
- No mainstage opener added, first act starts at 2 pm?
- K1D added to Dancehall

Guess, money’s up now.

Edited by arcuse