Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

12 hours ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

With the connection between the Dewaele brothers and Pukkelpop, I hope they make this happen. I wonder where you set this thing up though, since it's in a circle? Castello on wednesday?

If this happens then it will need to be a separate stage dedicated solely to Despacio. This is how they do things, rather than taking over a tent for a night. The events they have been confirmed for so far this summer have also included a show by one or both of LCD or Soulwax/2manydjs but we don’t have either at the moment. 

With the long standing connection the Dewaele brothers have with PKP I’m at a bit of a loss as to why Despacio has not featured before but hoping this year will see that situation addressed?

13 hours ago, arcuse said:

They can hold Despacio at Wednesday evening like they did Radio Soulwax ('15?) a few years ago.

The Dewaele bros have mentioned it's such an expensive setup, they actually lost money most times they booked it. I assume Despacio will need its own stage during the whole festivals, and to run for at least 3 days to justify the costs.

On 09/04/2018 at 9:41 PM, lighthouse said:

Why?

I would say a "band" would be a better counter to the danceable OATW and hip hoppy Travis Scott. 

You do realise he's talking about a Pendulum Live set rather than just El Hornet doing a DJ set? So it would be a full band...

3 hours ago, Stef_P82 said:

Any chance The Streets would do a festival tour after their club tour? Would love to see them at Pukkelpop (again).

Bit odd that they've announced nothing afterwards but Mike Skinner is doing some separate stuff at festivals. Thought Lovebox or someone like that may have had them. I'd probably say it's unlikely at the moment. 

To all Pukkelpop goers, I have a few questions regarding Arcade Fire.

as they would probably play main stage before Dua Lipa, what would be the best place to be? I want to be in the pit next to superfans who will jump and sing for 1h30.

Alternatively: would anyone from here join me in the pit for an arcade fire meeting?

41 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

To all Pukkelpop goers, I have a few questions regarding Arcade Fire.

as they would probably play main stage before Dua Lipa, what would be the best place to be? I want to be in the pit next to superfans who will jump and sing for 1h30.

Alternatively: would anyone from here join me in the pit for an arcade fire meeting?

Think you'll be ok getting there 10-15 minutes before the start of the gig tbh. It's a funny one with the more established acts. Although AF are a lot bigger than all of them, we got to the front with ease for LCD, Noel G, the Chems and The Stone Roses. It's not really a festival where people hold their spot all day for one band. Although they are bigger than the bands mentioned, it still wouldn't surprise me to see the field not overly packed for AF

Our favoured spot on the main stage is to the left as you face it, probably just behind the first set of barriers. Always generally tend to get a good spot there without being unable to get a drink, go to the toilet etc.

5 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Think you'll be ok getting there 10-15 minutes before the start of the gig tbh. It's a funny one with the more established acts. Although AF are a lot bigger than all of them, we got to the front with ease for LCD, Noel G, the Chems and The Stone Roses. It's not really a festival where people hold their spot all day for one band. Although they are bigger than the bands mentioned, it still wouldn't surprise me to see the field not overly packed for AF

Our favoured spot on the main stage is to the left as you face it, probably just behind the first set of barriers. Always generally tend to get a good spot there without being unable to get a drink, go to the toilet etc.

Thanks! The day is packed with great acts, even if I'm mainly there for AF I won't be waiting for them...

Left is good, always my spot at Sziget. Thanks ;)

• Upvote 1

Was announced a couple of days ago but Miles Kane is doing the Friday at Rize so is now a possibility for PKP. 

Their new club night Garnizoen is taking place on Saturday and features Sam Paganini, Dense and Pika, Dan Shake and a load of local DJs. Sam Paganini was on the original leaked poster but has not been officially announced yet which makes me think we may hear something next week when this event is out of the way. Will also be just over a month since the first announcement which is roughly in keeping with previous years. 

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

Was announced a couple of days ago but Miles Kane is doing the Friday at Rize so is now a possibility for PKP. 

Their new club night Garnizoen is taking place on Saturday and features Sam Paganini, Dense and Pika, Dan Shake and a load of local DJs. Sam Paganini was on the original leaked poster but has not been officially announced yet which makes me think we may hear something next week when this event is out of the way. Will also be just over a month since the first announcement which is roughly in keeping with previous years. 

Fingers crossed for decent new names. Been holding off booking flights due to the Friday being so bad. Saturday could be nearly as bad depending on possible clashes.

Lowlands should be arriving with new names soon and still have one of the top spots to fill which we may share with them. Imagine Dragons are playing a dutch football stadium the week after so can't imagine it'll be them. Could of course be Arcade Fire but they've got a Rotterdam gig that's not sold out. If it is them it won't be announced till much later I would have thought. 

As for next announcements, I'm expecting George Fitzgerald (live) The Lemon Twigs, Jungle, Skepta, Superorganism, Brian Jonestown Massacre and Nils Frahm and probably Fleet Foxes from the RW line up if it's sold out by then. 

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Fingers crossed for decent new names. Been holding off booking flights due to the Friday being so bad. Saturday could be nearly as bad depending on possible clashes.

Lowlands should be arriving with new names soon and still have one of the top spots to fill which we may share with them. Imagine Dragons are playing a dutch football stadium the week after so can't imagine it'll be them. Could of course be Arcade Fire but they've got a Rotterdam gig that's not sold out. If it is them it won't be announced till much later I would have thought. 

As for next announcements, I'm expecting George Fitzgerald (live) The Lemon Twigs, Jungle, Skepta, Superorganism, Brian Jonestown Massacre and Nils Frahm and probably Fleet Foxes from the RW line up if it's sold out by then. 

Sziget is also missing Gorillaz sub!

Soulwax announced a new album today. I know they're playing Dour but would love for them to come back. Saw very little of their 2016 show outside the Dance Hall since we arrived when the show was already going on for 15 minutes due to the small overlap with LCD (seriously, who lets exactly those two bands overlap). I think they always come to PKP when they have new material!