Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

The small chance of getting Liam Gallagher is gone now. He'll play in Forest National in Brussels in november.

Also, an article that I saw on Reddit a couple of days ago. Shows how cheap the duo of headliners is on the friday... Travis Scott has a fee of 200.000$  http://yoururban.co.uk/travis-scott-sued-over-canceled-concert-performance/

Edited by TheKiewitGuy

37 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

The small chance of getting Liam Gallagher is gone now. He'll play in Forest National in Brussels in november.

Also, an article that I saw on Reddit a couple of days ago. Shows how cheap the duo of headliners is on the friday... Travis Scott has a fee of 200.000$  http://yoururban.co.uk/travis-scott-sued-over-canceled-concert-performance/

$200.000 for that pile of garbage? Jezus Christ didn't died for this.

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

For a headliner that's a bargain tbh. The likes of Pearl Jam, Radiohead or Metallica cost well over a million. And I'm guessing Kendrick too. (just an educated guess though ;-)). 

Travis and Oscar could be the cheapest 'headline duo' PkP has ever had. 

Cheaper than Bastille and London Grammar??

• Upvote 1

Oh i really wish i could know how many tickets they have sold in these first days...

If it's real that the new announcement will be at the end of April tickets selling is a huge factor by now...

I don't know if a low selling is a good sign, it depends on their interpretation...

Presumably, ticket sales will have gone "well" in that there will be a core of people (like me for example) who go most years regardless of the line-up. But That core of people might well account for less that half the capacity, then they need to convince people on the strength of the lineup. I think Thursday will have sold well, the others less so. Unless something good drops in the next announcement then I will be very surprised if all 3 days sell out.

My first PKP was 2010, top names on the poster were Iron Maiden/Placebo, Snow Patrol/Prodigy and Queens of the Stone Age/2 Many DJ's. So Good, OK, and Meh in equal measures really. Lots of strength near the top of the lineup though. Interestingly (for me at least) looking back at the older posters it was more clear who the headliners/big names were. I googled Pukkelpop 2010 and looked at the first result in images, then Pukkelpop 2014 and looked at the first result in images. 2014 very confusing, alphabetically arranged and making it very difficult to determine who is what (other than font size).

On 03/04/2018 at 11:51 AM, TheKiewitGuy said:

Looking a bit further into that, it was a ‘celebrity guest appearance’ at a nightclub. So it’d probably be a short PA set and mainly him and his entourage sitting around in the VIP section. Not really comparable to a festival headline set and actually quite impressive that he can get $200k for that. Makes me think that he’s probably a considerably expensive headliner rather than a cheap one.

If I'm not mistaken, a couple of hiphop-artists cancelled over the last years. If were lucky (again), there might be one or another american festival that manages to sweep Travis away for a few bucks more. But then again, wouldn't be surprised that pkp replaces him with f.e. Macklemore or something equally bad. Still pissed of by the cheap trick they pulled when Neil Young cancelled. 

The thing I never understood about Neil Young pulling out is that he could have played a solo set, im sure all the fans would have rather have had that than seeing him replaced by......Major Lazer.  Cant blame the festival for that though.  

Edited by jimmyjimmy4080

There was a story doing the rounds that they were trying to get Prince to replace Neil Young but due to some convoluted reason I cannot recall (but involving the Prodigy) that didn't happen. Have to say , I really enjoyed Major Lazer but Neil Young is irreplaceable in my book.

35 minutes ago, jimmyjimmy4080 said:

The thing I never understood about Neil Young pulling out is that he could have played a solo set, im sure all the fans would have rather have had that than seeing him replaced by......Major Lazer.  Cant blame the festival for that though.  

And let's not mention Prince, eh?

2 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

There was a story doing the rounds that they were trying to get Prince to replace Neil Young but due to some convoluted reason I cannot recall (but involving the Prodigy) that didn't happen. Have to say , I really enjoyed Major Lazer but Neil Young is irreplaceable in my book.

Story was that Prince demanded on being on last and Prodigy wouldn't move their slot. Prince was in the area at the time so entirely plausible. That would have been the greatest single Pukkelpop night ever.

5 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Story was that Prince demanded on being on last and Prodigy wouldn't move their slot. Prince was in the area at the time so entirely plausible. That would have been the greatest single Pukkelpop night ever.

Guess it makes no difference now as sadly that ship has well and truly sailed but unfortunately it's not just a story.

Been a bit quiet in here (just like all of the PKP media channels).

Who are people realistically hoping to get announced in the next batch of names? What date we hoping for too?

Hoping for some progression in the same vein as last years friday night Mr Oizo -> 2manydj's -> Boys Noize (live)

A few acts like that would mean I could have a potentially fun night on the friday as theres no chance ill be seeing NERD, Travis Scott or OATW.

20 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Who are people realistically hoping to get announced in the next batch of names? What date we hoping for too?

Hoping for some progression in the same vein as last years friday night Mr Oizo -> 2manydj's -> Boys Noize (live)

A few acts like that would mean I could have a potentially fun night on the friday as theres no chance ill be seeing NERD, Travis Scott or OATW.

Pinning my hopes on Phoenix and Vampire Weekend for the Friday. Be surprised if Jungle aren't announced either and I don't think seeing Despacio there is out of the question

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Pinning my hopes on Phoenix and Vampire Weekend for the Friday. Be surprised if Jungle aren't announced either and I don't think seeing Despacio there is out of the question

With the connection between the Dewaele brothers and Pukkelpop, I hope they make this happen. I wonder where you set this thing up though, since it's in a circle? Castello on wednesday?

On 8-4-2018 at 2:03 PM, SilverLining said:

I hope Pendulum will play during the friday headliners. They are announced for Reading/leeds and would be a perfect band to counter OATW and Travis Scott.