Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

14 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

https:///s/pkp2018/

Someone's had a go at a clashfinder. Think the Saturday is way off in parts, but the Friday looks more realistic. Plenty of Club and Dance Hall slots to be filled which makes me feel a little more hopeful. Still not sure that Dua Lipa will finish the Thursday. Think it'll be AF personally.

I made that one. What's wrong with Saturday exactly? Someone confirmed me Dua Lipa closing so, that's why. 

I believe there will obviously be some RW crossover aswell, since thats happening almost every year. Can see Fleet Foxes headlining the Marquee on Friday for example. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I made that one. What's wrong with Saturday exactly? Someone confirmed me Dua Lipa closing so, that's why. 

I believe there will obviously be some RW crossover aswell, since thats happening almost every year. Can see Fleet Foxes headlining the Marquee on Friday for example. 

Think Confidence Man will play the Costello or at a push, the Dance Hall. Think the Wombats, Ron Gallo and Gogo Penguin will play the club. Hopefully a couple of the club names will be in the lift.  Hopefully Nick Murphy will be in the Castello on the Thursday which would more than likely leave at least 4 big Marquee slots to fill over the 3 days, possible more if they put Justice in the Dance Hall up against Kendrick.

Surprised about Dua Lipa but not unhappy with it. Really enjoyed the XX's late night slot but that's not to say I remember much of it. Glad that Arcade Fire will be on at a reasonable hour.

Agree about the RW crossover and in particular Fleet Foxes. Goes well with what's already on that day. Probable ones I would say are Franz Ferdinand, James Bay and of course Chvrches.

Good work though @arcuse  Hope you didn't take my comments about it the wrong way. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Good work though @arcuse  Hope you didn't take my comments about it the wrong way. 

Right, good and useful work.

It pushed me to take courage and make some research and listening about the acts already announced.

And well...i was a bit presumptuous about this lineup! After giving attention to what i didn't know...it looks a lot better!

Ranging from "ok, i'd like to see them live" to "i just can't wait", NOW the list of concerts i'm interested in counts 33 acts. And it's not just my taste, a lot of these artists have great reviews (on record and live), and i'm sure the lesser famous of them will be a pleasant surprise for many.

Not in order of preference (and almost everything after King Gizzard has been added to my list today):

Kendrick Lamar
Arcade Fire
The War on Drugs
NERD
Martin Solveig
Nick Murphy
Roisin Murphy
Bonobo
Grizzly Bear
James Holden
Benjamin Clementine
Dirty Projectors
Shellac
Kelly Lee Owens
Gogo Penguin
Rhye
Protomartyr
Sleaford Mods
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Kiasmos
Call Super
Confidence Man
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
John Maus
David August
Riton & Kah-Lo
Yellow Days
Sons of Kemet
Yungblud
Jordan Rakei
Maribou State
Marlon Williams
JD McPherson

Now i just need some good announcements (2-3 very good per day will be enough) and i'll be perfectly fine!

• Upvote 1

Has anyone here camped in the relax+ campsite? How quickly do they sell out and does the price quoted on the website include ticket price?

Any advice on it? I can't really be bothered pulling around a huge suitcase w/ tent in it around two countries but do like to be close enough to the site to head back and forth from the arena as I like an early evening shower etc.

Have they also changed the location of the two camping sites for this year?

14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I have yet to see the first positive live review for them though...

I can understand, and i'm not a fan, BUT...i was there by chance when they played at Pukkelpop last time...wasn't interested but i must admit it was a perfect act for the mainstage...they know how to entertain the audience!

As for everything in the Main Stage i won't be there if i'll have something better to see (very likely)...but in case of a lack of alternatives, well...i really think they will be fun.

Edited by Kikujiro

19 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

WOW...that's a fantastic reportage with multiple reviews...but for example in 2016 (last time i went to Pukkelpop, my 6th time if i remember correctly) they saw just 3 or 4 concerts that i saw...how is it even possible??? 2016 was a great year for me!

http://www.humo.be/pukkelpop/368221/pukkelpop-2016-de-reviews-en-de-sterren-overzicht

(It's just normal...every reportage about Pukkelpop from the italian press is also like this...we just see different things...and then i laugh at all their main stage reviews and their "Meh...it wasn't a great festival" :D Silly italians...)

So...maybe i'm not the right one to comment a main stage concert (i also loved Major Lazer there: for me main stage means "fun while eating and drinking before something else i'm rabid for").

4 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Think Confidence Man will play the Costello or at a push, the Dance Hall. Think the Wombats, Ron Gallo and Gogo Penguin will play the club. Hopefully a couple of the club names will be in the lift.  Hopefully Nick Murphy will be in the Castello on the Thursday which would more than likely leave at least 4 big Marquee slots to fill over the 3 days, possible more if they put Justice in the Dance Hall up against Kendrick.

Surprised about Dua Lipa but not unhappy with it. Really enjoyed the XX's late night slot but that's not to say I remember much of it. Glad that Arcade Fire will be on at a reasonable hour.

Agree about the RW crossover and in particular Fleet Foxes. Goes well with what's already on that day. Probable ones I would say are Franz Ferdinand, James Bay and of course Chvrches.

Eh not at all! :) Some acts are kinda a gray area imo. I mean I could see The Sore Losers playing Main, Marquee and Club ya see? The Wombats and Ron Gallo are bond to play the Main tho, if not the Marquee. They got other bands that day to film in the Club imo. 

Dua Lipa is massive in Belgium and getting a bigger status all over the world actually this year. She's not my cup of tea but she sure is gonna draw a good crowd, the people who're not into that music will be more than welcome at Bonobo's :P

Yeah, Franz Ferdinand played a show for Studio Brussel aswell a couple of months ago so I could see that happening. Also wondering if Post Malone would come back after his legendary (in a bad way) performance of '16. Love the dude but his stage performance? 

4 hours ago, Kikujiro said:

Rhye

Saw that some Facebook friends went to their (sold out) concert at Ancienne Belgique yesterday and looked them up. Various music blogs and users on forums described it as "music to have sex to". Can definitely see the link :P. Some groovy sounds, but I wonder how it will translate on stage. Was also surprised that the singer was male after just listening to the music.

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

I have yet to see the first positive live review for them though... 

This is for instance a review for the last time NERD played Pukkelpop... (in dutch)

http://www.humo.be/festivalitis/26176/review-n-e-r-d-op-pukkelpop-2009-main-stage

Same guy gave Arctic Monkeys 3.5/5

They were shit. NERD were one of the best bands of the weekend for me.

13 hours ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Saw that some Facebook friends went to their (sold out) concert at Ancienne Belgique yesterday and looked them up. Various music blogs and users on forums described it as "music to have sex to". Can definitely see the link :P. Some groovy sounds, but I wonder how it will translate on stage. Was also surprised that the singer was male after just listening to the music.

Me too, nothing against his beautiful feminine voice...but i was blown away (like everyone) when i discovered he was a guy some years ago!

My only concern is that the new record in my opinion is not nearly as good as the previous one...

Have you guys checked out Sons of Kemet?

They are a jazz ensemble that includes carribean and african rhythms in its sound, don't know how popular they are where you're from (in Italy...i think nobody knows them) but they seem one of those act that will positively distinguish a lot from the rest.

Edited by Kikujiro

Lowlands announced a bunch of really good DJs and live dance acts today. Obviously there's a chance many of them could be added to the PKP line up but for me LL is definitely edging it at the moment. Dour are completing their program tomorrow so let's hope we don't lose too many decent names to them. This may well rule out any announcement for us until at least the end of the week.

14 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Lowlands announced a bunch of really good DJs and live dance acts today. Obviously there's a chance many of them could be added to the PKP line up but for me LL is definitely edging it at the moment. Dour are completing their program tomorrow so let's hope we don't lose too many decent names to them. This may well rule out any announcement for us until at least the end of the week.

George FItzgerald will definitely be at PKP.  I think they'll give it at least a couple of days to judge how ticket sales have gone.

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Dour will only release names of the smallest stages.