Jump to content

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs


FloorFiller

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

It depends if there's a golden circle in place. If so, I find it unbearable. 

It didn't get mentioned in the Coldplay throw-down last week, but they have no golden circle in place at Wembley. So Kudos.

Yeah and they always have a B stage and sometimes a C stage, so wherever you are you get some level of being close to the action for some of it. And being further back is sometimes better to take in the visual elements of the show 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

It depends if there's a golden circle in place. If so, I find it unbearable. 

It didn't get mentioned in the Coldplay throw-down last week, but they have no golden circle in place at Wembley. So Kudos.

From the look of it its set up the same as the other BSG dates. No need to change whats set up there. Only issue is that prices havent come up yet for Adele. I assume its gonna be around £75 or so but maybe its £100?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dales said:

Oh well, going to have to give Adele a miss as I have KOL on the 1st & GNR on the 2nd and if they add the 3rd, I am off to Madrid for Madcool.

It's a shame as BST would be a good  place to see her as they usually have a good supporting lineup across a few stages and so beats seeing her in a stadium gig.

Kings of Leon at Mad Cool?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

Kings of Leon at Mad Cool?

Yeah, I know but I like really like them (I know not very fashionable on efestivals). Looking forward to seeing them twice in a week or so.

Even if the sets are the same its often a different experience seeing a group in doors at their own show to seeing them at a festival. Only seen them before outdoors, last time at BST. I think their less anthem style songs are better suited to an indoor venue like the O2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

There's a golden circle for Adele. General admission is £90, with primary entry an extra £20 on top, and then golden circle is £270.

I'm not a fan of golden circle set ups at the best of times but with Adele what's there to actually see? She just stands there belting out the tunes - surely being further back is fine for the sake of an extra £160? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chef said:

I'm not a fan of golden circle set ups at the best of times but with Adele what's there to actually see? She just stands there belting out the tunes - surely being further back is fine for the sake of an extra £160? 

I presume there'll be a B-stage like at Glastonbury for that price, so if you're a superfan you can get much closer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dales said:

Yeah, I know but I like really like them (I know not very fashionable on efestivals). Looking forward to seeing them twice in a week or so.

Even if the sets are the same its often a different experience seeing a group in doors at their own show to seeing them at a festival. Only seen them before outdoors, last time at BST. I think their less anthem style songs are better suited to an indoor venue like the O2.

Kings of Leon fan!!!
 

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978 film) - Wikipedia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, jannybruck said:

There's a golden circle for Adele. General admission is £90, with primary entry an extra £20 on top, and then golden circle is £270.

I've never understood why people pay the extra £20 to get in early there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 4:38 PM, Dales said:

Yeah, I know but I like really like them (I know not very fashionable on efestivals). Looking forward to seeing them twice in a week or so.

Even if the sets are the same its often a different experience seeing a group in doors at their own show to seeing them at a festival. Only seen them before outdoors, last time at BST. I think their less anthem style songs are better suited to an indoor venue like the O2.

I've seen them live twice and the outdoor version was better. But that's circumstance. The MK Bowl show I went to in 2014 had a lot going for it, both in KoL's set and the general weather, while although I did like the show structure of their 2017 date, the crowd was full of arseholes. I'm kinda also bemused by Kings of Leon's insistence of filling their sets with a lot of Come Around Sundown material when it's probably their weakest album of the ones I've heard.

I haven't really listened to the new album so I've not been that enthusiastic about trying for this tour yet, but still plenty of time to consider options.

Edited by charlierc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 3:53 PM, jannybruck said:

There's a golden circle for Adele. General admission is £90, with primary entry an extra £20 on top, and then golden circle is £270.

I mean that jump from GA price to golden circle is absurd. Do you even get any VIP stuff for that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...