Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

On 1/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, Hotchilidog said:

I am amazed they have yet to be booked. Saw them at Beautiful Days (which you would think was not entirely their demographic) and they were flipping brilliant. They could easily headline WG, or play JP/Park. Wouldn't like to see them on the Other.

I'm also amazed they haven't been at G. I saw them at Beautiful Days and also in London. An earlier JP slot would be perfect for them.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, hands up, who would have predicted that the only person not to cancel a gig in the summer of 2020 would be Sam Fender?

The price went up after The Courteeners finished.

Boomtown have bagged no IDLES as a UK festival exclusive.

Posted Images

He’s obviously a sub and a good act to have but Noel hasn’t even sold out any of his dates at Manchester Apollo, granted they are £70 a pop but it’s a 3.5k venue. Has his stock gone down?

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He’s obviously a sub and a good act to have but Noel hasn’t even sold out any of his dates at Manchester Apollo, granted they are £70 a pop but it’s a 3.5k venue. Has his stock gone down?

He tours constantly tbf. But £70+ for Noel Gallagher is a joke tbh. Swear it wasn't nearly that expensive when he played the Arena a year or two ago

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

He tours constantly tbf. But £70+ for Noel Gallagher is a joke tbh. Swear it wasn't nearly that expensive when he played the Arena a year or two ago

Did the Arena two years ago and Heaton Park last summer. Third round of gigs on the same album, no wonder people aren’t flicking in at those prices.

Aye he’s massively oversold himself on this latest run. It could be argued that was these new shows are in support of those EP’s he’s been releasing, but considering how little content they have and how third album heavy his setlists currently are it’s hard to imagine many people jumping to pay £70 to see him again, and I’m guessing Liam being currently active has stolen away a big chunk of Noel’s audience. 

So they're following up the Gods of Rap tour (remember last year featuring Wu Tang, Public Enemy, De La Soul and DJ Premier?) with a second edition headlined by Nas, with DMX, Gang Starr and The Lox. It should be good and all but it's quite a step down and I'm amazed that they think people will pay just under £100 standing for it.

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

So they're following up the Gods of Rap tour (remember last year featuring Wu Tang, Public Enemy, De La Soul and DJ Premier?) with a second edition headlined by Nas, with DMX, Gang Starr and The Lox. It should be good and all but it's quite a step down and I'm amazed that they think people will pay just under £100 standing for it.

The Snoop Dogg/Warren G/D12/Obie Trice arena tour is having trouble shifting the £68 standing tickets, at least in brum. Nas is cooler than that, but still. If it's just the one show at the millenium dome, they might manage it.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, dentalplan said:

AXS are lying here. Nas played Glastonbury back in 2013 on Silver Hayes so certainly not the first UK show in 15 years!

... or did that performance not go ahead? I can only find Glasto's tweets when it was first announced.

Just now, discgoesmic said:

AXS are lying here. Nas played Glastonbury back in 2013 on Silver Hayes so certainly not the first UK show in 15 years!

... or did that performance not go ahead? I can only find Glasto's tweets when it was first announced.

You've misread it. It's DMX's first show in 25 years.

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

You've misread it. It's DMX's first show in 25 years.

They put ‘first UK shows in 15 years’ after ‘Nas, DMX’ so I can see how it can be interpreted both ways. 😁

Either way, would certainly like to see both of them - seeing Just Blaze host would be great too as he’s legendary. Ticket price is too high for me sadly.

The Flaming Lips, the legendary Oklahoma rockers are heading back to the UK this summer,

Liverpool Invisible Wind Factory, 20 July

Leeds Stylus, 21

Bexhill De La Warr Pavilion, 23

Aylesbury Waterside Theatre, 24

Tickets on sale Friday (31 January) at 10am

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Haha no way. Remember when Jack white twatted yon mon, the kind of celebrity News i could entertain. For it entertained me. A circle of entertainment you might say.

This is the reason anyone still remembers them. It may even be why they are doing an anniversary tour.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Remember when Kele Okereke kicked Eddie Argos in the head? And Donny Tourette fled the Big Brother house?

Haha yes sir. Big up the 2000s indie turf wars, who needs East coast west coast.

Props to donny tourette, chump of the decade in a decade where chumps were ten a penny.

Edited by mattiloy
Indie

Danny Brown's doing a European touring and not venturing any further north than Bristol which is a bit w*nk. Its early April as well which narrows his chanced of being at Glastonbury probably.

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Remember when Kele Okereke kicked Eddie Argos in the head? And Donny Tourette fled the Big Brother house?

They've made a documentary about Donny Tourette. It'll probably limp out onto a streaming service before time.

That feels like the final NME era. Their cool list with one from CSS and one from Klaxons topping it one year because they were an item. I feel like this all died when Amy Winehouse did.

How’ve I just stumbled across this topic when googling, upcoming gigs UK forum hahaha, fuck sake man. Look forward to perusing the last 40 pages 😅

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

Incubus are playing Hellfest in France the week before Glastonbury. They commonly seem to miss Glasto, but I think they would make an excellent Park headliner!

https://www.hellfest.fr/en/

😂

I used to like Incubus quite a bit but I think the chances of them popping up at Glastonbury are incredibly slim, especially as a Park headliner.

Maybe they could get similar treatment as Coheed & Cambria/Jimmy Eat World/Brand New etc who all got mid/low Other slots... but probably not.