Jump to content

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs


FloorFiller

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, sisco said:

I’ll be amazed if he’s not subbing the pyramid (contrary to opinion here)

I think after the Heaton Park announcement subbing is quite likely, I reckon doing that makes him too big to do Other opener...depend how it sells mind. I'll be interested to see if it sells as fast as Liam did.

Liam and Noel subbing Friday and Sunday though is probably the most at the minute.

5 hours ago, sisco said:

But why? Played all last summer, now playing all this. Why wait around till next when who knows they may not even be about?

plus all of the other info was for this year.  Why throw a 2020 bit in?

The 2020 shout is bullshit, he's not going to do a big tour right through when Glasto is and pop up next year instead after people are bored of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Recent Glastonbury subs:

2017 - The xx, The National, Biffy Clyro

2016 - Foals, Tame Impala, Beck

2015 - Florence and the Machine, Pharrell, Paul Weller (was gonna be alt-J)

I really don't think they're gonna go from this to having both Noel and Liam Gallagher subbing in 2019. Would be embarrassing.

Why, they are are as big as any of those bands and we all saw last time that people on here underrated how big Liam still was when he had one of the biggest crowds going at the Other, that stage was too small so subbing on the Pyramid made sense (he had a bigger crowd than The National for sure).

Noel has as much as an attraction. I get it looks a bit awkward with two brothers from the same band subbing separate days but ultimately both acts are bigger that the likes of the National and the XX so how is it embarrassing?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, chatty said:

Why, they are are as big as any of those bands and we all saw last time that people on here underrated how big Liam still was when he had one of the biggest crowds going at the Other, that stage was too small so subbing on the Pyramid made sense (he had a bigger crowd than The National for sure).

Noel has as much as an attraction. I get it looks a bit awkward with two brothers from the same band subbing separate days but ultimately both acts are bigger that the likes of the National and the XX so how is it embarrassing?

I actually agree that they probably do both have a big draw (one of them, can't remember which, was at Tramlines, and a few people I know went - although, I think just to see the Oasis songs) but surely to have them both subbing the Pyramid on different days would be a little "samey"? I'm not sure it would feel like a particularly strong, exciting set of subs, and maybe that would be a little embarrassing....? It could almost seem like whoever booked one brother didn't know the other one has already been booked for the exact same slot the following day (or whatever)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I actually agree that they probably do both have a big draw (one of them, can't remember which, was at Tramlines, and a few people I know went - although, I think just to see the Oasis songs) but surely to have them both subbing the Pyramid on different days would be a little "samey"? I'm not sure it would feel like a particularly strong, exciting set of subs, and maybe that would be a little embarrassing....? It could almost seem like whoever booked one brother didn't know the other one has already been booked for the exact same slot the following day (or whatever)

They probably book the bands that are available and for each that's the suitable spot. It is a big samey but fans will lapnit up regardless and see both. I wouldn't be fussed about seeing either but depends on what's on at the same time.

I'd be more inclined to see Noel just cause I haven't seen him solo before. I'm still going of the assumption that they want Oasis to headline the 50th and booking both might help aid that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My issue with those two subbing is more the fact their draw is based on playing 50% or more Oasis songs. Why have the Gallaghers doing their own karaoke turns when the festival could be booking the likes of Christine and the Queens etc. How is the festival planning to bump up acts to headline status if they're giving 2 of the top 6 Pyramid slots to members of the same band who had their heyday in the 90s? 

2/3 of the headliners look nailed on to be heritage acts, do we really need 2/3 subs to be too, let alone the fact they're from the same band? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noel Gallagher is playing 2020. The info was all about Glasto 2019 and then said, separately, “Noel is playing next year”. In that context that means next Glasto year.

It’s like if you say “next Monday” on a Saturday, you don’t mean 2 days from now even if it’s technically next week, you mean 9 days from now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Technically you've gotta put The Libertines in 2015 instead of Flo I suppose

Well nah because the point I'm making is about which acts they go out of their way to book as Pyramid subs. The Libs were a last minute replacement so don't really count. Flo was who they had booked to sub this far in advance, which is what we're talking about being the case with Liam and Noel.

2 hours ago, chatty said:

Why, they are are as big as any of those bands and we all saw last time that people on here underrated how big Liam still was when he had one of the biggest crowds going at the Other, that stage was too small so subbing on the Pyramid made sense (he had a bigger crowd than The National for sure).

Noel has as much as an attraction. I get it looks a bit awkward with two brothers from the same band subbing separate days but ultimately both acts are bigger that the likes of the National and the XX so how is it embarrassing?

I know they're as big as those acts. The point is they're all either acts on the rise or slightly leftfield picks (other than Biffy Clyro who were a big get for them as Pyramid subs so you can see why they went for that). Going from that to having two solo artists both trading off the same band's material from over two decades ago and who play absolutely everywhere all the time? Don't see it.

I didn't mention anything about size. But it's the same as how having Bon Jovi headlining would be more embarrassing than having Stormzy headline. Glasto is a forward thinking festival and having both Gallagher brothers sub the Pyramid in the same year doesn't feel like something they'd do.

Fwiw I'm sticking with Liam Gallagher, Childish Gambino and Lana Del Rey to sub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm feeling pseudpersonic, give me gin and tonic

Give me woeful renditions of the same handful of 20 year old tunes played slightly differently by slightly different embarrassing loudmouth dads padding the rest of their sets out with slightly different shit solo material nobody wants to hear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Give me woeful renditions of the same handful of 20 year old tunes played slightly differently by slightly different embarrassing loudmouth dads padding the rest of their sets out with slightly different shit solo material nobody wants to hear.

As someone who actually liked Noel's last solo record I'd much rather hear a few tunes from WBTM than watch him plod through Little By Little again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The pseuds on this board are at it again!

I'm as far from a pseud as you're likely to get on here, guitar rock is my bread and butter, the band I've seen the most is The Rifles. Even I can see booking both Gallaghers to sub in 2019 is ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Noel Gallagher is playing 2020. The info was all about Glasto 2019 and then said, separately, “Noel is playing next year”. In that context that means next Glasto year.

It’s like if you say “next Monday” on a Saturday, you don’t mean 2 days from now even if it’s technically next week, you mean 9 days from now.

nah, it can't be talking about 2020, that's when Oasis are reforming.

:P 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...