FloorFiller

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

They have a similar-ish style of outdoor series of gigs in Bristol too, don't they? 

Yeah the ones on The Downs, would be cool to see The National do it although I'm not sure they'd be booked.

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah the ones on The Downs, would be cool to see The National do it although I'm not sure they'd be booked.

Oh I thought they had something near Motion. Skyline I think it was called? 

Downs is at the end of summer so probs wouldn't work 

Edited by the wonderwhy

I noticed that the poster for the Manics Cardiff gig announced this morning also had "sounds of the city 2019" at the top of it. Any connection to the Manchester event?

IMG_20181126_181211.jpg

IMG_20181126_181230.jpg

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Oh I thought they had something near Motion. Skyline I think it was called? 

Downs is at the end of summer so probs wouldn't work 

Ahh yeah, although all those gigs got moved this year because the venue wasn't ready so I'm not sure what'll be happening with that.

The National playing 5 mins from my front door on my birthday, might have to be done. At the very least grab some tinnies near by.

12 minutes ago, jjbeeson said:

I noticed that the poster for the Manics Cardiff gig announced this morning also had "sounds of the city 2019" at the top of it. Any connection to the Manchester event?

IMG_20181126_181211.jpg

IMG_20181126_181230.jpg

Ads by Kiosked

Someone in the SJM design team has left that on there by mistake, I reckon. 

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

The National playing 5 mins from my front door on my birthday, might have to be done. At the very least grab some tinnies near by.

Always been mega jealous of the three or so flats which have those balconies/roof top access looking right at the stage. 

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Happy birthday mate.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Always been mega jealous of the three or so flats which have those balconies/roof top access looking right at the stage. 

I dunno, The Courteeners play there a lot.

(I actually don't mind them, actually the last time I saw them was at the bowl 6 years ago or so, just trying to get some laughs round here innit)

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I was wondering why @Divein knew about The National's plans. Can't believe I didn't figure this out earlier. That's definitely quite interesting.

Not guilty I’m afraid. I only knew they weren’t doing Bluedot as I know they’d got all the headliners sorted. 

I thought they might have been an exclusive somewhere in London. 

This has come as a great surprise to me and my mate didn’t know about it either. 

No exclusive either which is promising. 

13 minutes ago, Divein said:

Not guilty I’m afraid. I only knew they weren’t doing Bluedot as I know they’d got all the headliners sorted. 

Go on, give us the deets :ninja: 

15 minutes ago, Divein said:

I thought they might have been an exclusive somewhere in London. 

This has come as a great surprise to me and my mate didn’t know about it either. 

No exclusive either which is promising. 

So is there a London/Southern date that you know of?

Judging by those dates I've left it too long to ask who Gerry Cinnamon is. I thought you lot had made him up to be honest.

• Upvote 1

Just now, priest17 said:

Judging by those dates I've left it too long to ask who Gerry Cinnamon is. I thought you lot had made him up to be honest.

Don't worry, no one outside of Scotland has ever actually heard his music.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Don't worry, no one outside of Scotland has ever actually heard his music.

ah so like a tartan Threatin, gotcha.

14 minutes ago, James96 said:

So is there a London/Southern date that you know of?

I know nothing, I thought they might have done the same as Tame Impala and just come over for mad cool and then maybe an exclusive for citedel or something else. 

I didn’t think they’d be back so soon. This has made me think there’ll be other festival dates but what exactly is anyone’s guess. 

1 minute ago, Divein said:

I know nothing, I thought they might have done the same as Tame Impala and just come over for mad cool and then maybe an exclusive for citedel or something else. 

I didn’t think they’d be back so soon. This has made me think there’ll be other festival dates but what exactly is anyone’s guess. 

Yeah could unfortunately be a solo UK date, not sure if Sounds of the City normally spout the exclusive tagline. Or many other fests this year, maybe they've binned that off?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Price increasing a bit as well. I remember last year it was about £35 (not that I wanted to go but I just spotted it) and was thinking if Foals are about that then it might be okay but it's over £50 now. Although I didn't realise how hideous the undercard was so sack it anyway.

Arena shows were that for Noel so expected similar. Tickets are a fiver less for Foals, but I take your point that it’s a lot of money for a poor line up.

8 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Arena shows were that for Noel so expected similar. Tickets are a fiver less for Foals, but I take your point that it’s a lot of money for a poor line up.

Damn and it starts four hours later than Noel's gig, and you only get a fiver off? DISGUSTANG!