Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Those predicting that Jack White's new stuff would sound great were correct

God I wish I was going to any of those gigs. Has he ever played Manchester? I feel like Dead Weather did like 10 years ago and Raconteurs probably did a few years before that, clearly isn't too fond of the place. Knew I shoulda gone to that Blackpool gig 6 years ago.

26 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Those predicting that Jack White's new stuff would sound great were correct

Oooh yeah. Sounds great! Killer new band. 

Get queuing now London chums

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/jack-white-free-gig-london-george-inn-today-the-white-stripes-singer-a8277156.html

Edited by The Nal

Kagoule have been announced to support Drenge if anyone's going to see them or need a little push to grab a ticket, they're brilliant live. Maybe we'll get a proper release of a new choon before that which would be nice.

Some great footage of them here, they're tour machines, worth checking out if you get the chance in the future, they always seem like they could use the money on facebook ahah 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Kagoule have been announced to support Drenge if anyone's going to see them or need a little push to grab a ticket, they're brilliant live. Maybe we'll get a proper release of a new choon before that which would be nice.

Some great footage of them here, they're tour machines, worth checking out if you get the chance in the future, they always seem like they could use the money on facebook ahah 

@the wonderwhy

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Woke up to news that I've won tickets to see Pearl Jam in a private box at The O2! Cannot wait! :D

Congrats!  That’s awesome!

If you need someone to go with you know where I am!  Sadly missed out on tickets to these gigs.

However, I got tickets for Julien Baker today so am happy enough :)

36 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Congrats!  That’s awesome!

If you need someone to go with you know where I am!  Sadly missed out on tickets to these gigs.

However, I got tickets for Julien Baker today so am happy enough :)

Thanks mate! This is the first time I've ever won something like this so I'm really pleased as you can imagine.

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, kingcrawler said:

Won tickets to see Phoenix at the Barrowlands tonight, pretty excited for that. Was going to give it a miss since I saw them at Glastonbury last summer and I thought I’d be quite busy at uni around this time but I certainly can’t complain if it’s free.

Did you go?  I went, had never seen them live before and was well impressed.  Surprised how under sold it was, don't think I've ever been to a Barrowlands gig before where there's only been the main bar open....!

15 minutes ago, WFD said:

Did you go?  I went, had never seen them live before and was well impressed.  Surprised how under sold it was, don't think I've ever been to a Barrowlands gig before where there's only been the main bar open....!

Yeah, I have pretty much the same thoughts as you. It was a great gig, they put on a really good show, but it was definitely quieter than I’d expected. The last couple of gigs I’ve been to there were LCD and The War on Drugs which were both mobbed so it was really noticeable how empty it was. Even the queues at the main bar were pretty small. 

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, I have pretty much the same thoughts as you. It was a great gig, they put on a really good show, but it was definitely quieter than I’d expected. The last couple of gigs I’ve been to there were LCD and The War on Drugs which were both mobbed so it was really noticeable how empty it was. Even the queues at the main bar were pretty small. 

Yeah I was at LCD too and it was rammed - when they get a sell out there they really do cram people in, but there was loads of space on Monday.  I thought it wasn't boding well early on when the crowd was turning out to be small and he was apologising for his own voice after the first few songs but it really took off after that, really impressed.

Looks like A Perfect Circle are about to announce some more UK tour dates. They're playing the O2 Academy Birmingham in December according to O2 Priority so I assume more dates will follow.

Also Sticky Fingers are doing two dates at the O2 Forum Kentish Town in June 13th and 14th

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

LC! update to remind us that WABWAD is 10 years old (later) this year, as well as HONY.

"Commemorations" to be announced soon. I'm always happy with any LC! tour whatever it will be, so looking forward to this.

Official Amy Lawn Prediction: 2 nights playing HONY... + WABWAD in full (interval between the two), one in London, one at the Brudenell. Vinyl package of repressing of both records, original masters.

Most 10th anniv of 2008 debut album tours will be stuffed to the rafters with people who haven't seen the band since then; but this one will be stuffed with people who have seen LC! loads on recent tours and largely missed them first time round, with some OGs.

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Official Amy Lawn Prediction: 2 nights playing HONY... + WABWAD in full (interval between the two), one in London, one at the Brudenell. Vinyl package of repressing of both records, original masters.

Most 10th anniv of 2008 debut album tours will be stuffed to the rafters with people who haven't seen the band since then; but this one will be stuffed with people who have seen LC! loads on recent tours and largely missed them first time round, with some OGs.

Sounds good to me.

Own Goals?... Haven't they had the exact same fan base since 2008 who have been to most tours, or is that just me?

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

too many abbreviations!  Who is this and what are they doing??