Jump to content
FloorFiller

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, donkeykong said:

I saw their pre-album release show at Electric Ballroom. New album sounds meatier live, and All Out is a beast

There is a date within walking distance of where I live. I'm pretty sure I'll end up going but am just enjoying to have some self control in the short term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can get to the Dead Pretties/Pink Kink tour I very highly recommend it, went to the Manchester show last night and was well impressed. Seen Dead Pretties before so knew what I was gonna get (catchy punk kinda music done very well) but the support Pink Kink blew me away, 4 girls and a guy ranging between fun pop and weird psych stuff. Great night even if I was on my bill anyway.

https://www.seetickets.com/tour/dead-pretties

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a 'new' announcement (although I missed it first time round) but Wolf Alice still have tickets left for some venues for November. Definitely a band on the rise after a few months away. 

https://www.seetickets.com/tour/wolf-alice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

The one we've all been waiting for... 

A wholly unnecessary reunion that will no doubt have the cool cats at NME itching to instigate the rise and fall part two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2017 at 2:40 PM, Yokel Again said:

Keep the faith. Holding out there will be some standing left.

I shall never doubt you again! There only bloody was! Got a pair for Monday 26th. Hooray!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I shall never doubt you again! There only bloody was! Got a pair for Monday 26th. Hooray!

Great stuff!

Not going. Mrs didn't fancy it and can't be doing with the drive there and back on my tod. :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

that Friendly Fires gig at Brixton Academy is sold out now, in 4 days no less.

Wow took that long to sell out? I know they were never the biggest band but I thought the hype for their comeback would be a little more enthusiastic than that. Guess because they never actually broke up their comeback doesn’t have quite the same effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

er, 5k in a few days is pretty good going for a band that everyone pretty much forgot existed, with no new material out, and presumably most people from outside London haven't bothered buying tickets for as they'll no doubt be touring elsewhere if/when they do release something.

i didn't think it would sell out for a few months TBH.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah without any new songs I think a lot of old fans maybe won’t have even realised a new show went on sale. Four days seems good going to me and I expect that once they do have new material to show off, they’ll be moving onto bigger dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone wants to go to see Godspeed You Black Emperor, Omar Souleyman, Liars, The Field and a whole load of other people in Manchester on october 28th, I'll sell you my ticket for £20 (it's on dice but think I can transfer it) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo I know it's old news that Placebo are playing a few gigs in October....but has anyone seen them recently? Are they worth 40quid nowadays?  I saw them at Reading in 2004 and they were totally amazing, but they (and I) were all a lot younger then... Maybe there in lies the fun, I really cant decide. As always, any thoughts welcome :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

If anyone wants to go to see Godspeed You Black Emperor, Omar Souleyman, Liars, The Field and a whole load of other people in Manchester on october 28th, I'll sell you my ticket for £20 (it's on dice but think I can transfer it) 

The venue actually got changed to the Albert Hall and now the only support is Liars and Bardo Pond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Soooo I know it's old news that Placebo are playing a few gigs in October....but has anyone seen them recently? Are they worth 40quid nowadays?  I saw them at Reading in 2004 and they were totally amazing, but they (and I) were all a lot younger then... Maybe there in lies the fun, I really cant decide. As always, any thoughts welcome :)

Saw them for the first time in December and thought they were excellent.  The dates are part of their 'Greatest Hits' tour so it's (mostly) all killer, no filler and so worth it in my view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RyanS said:

Saw them for the first time in December and thought they were excellent.  The dates are part of their 'Greatest Hits' tour so it's (mostly) all killer, no filler and so worth it in my view.

Excellent :) That's good enough for me!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Soooo I know it's old news that Placebo are playing a few gigs in October....but has anyone seen them recently? Are they worth 40quid nowadays?  I saw them at Reading in 2004 and they were totally amazing, but they (and I) were all a lot younger then... Maybe there in lies the fun, I really cant decide. As always, any thoughts welcome :)

I'm a big fan so biased, but I think the 20 years tour has been really good. They are playing around 24-25 songs, a decent amount from all of their albums, and it's still sounding great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phoenix shows in March; Manchester, Dublin and Glasgow. Won’t rush for tickets to that with Glasto still fresh in the mind but would be interested in seeing their stage setup done again properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much my thoughts on that Phoenix tour too. Their Glastonbury set was so much fun and it'd be nice to see the stage setup actually working, though thinking about it the barras stage seems quite small for all of it, but apart from Love Like A Sunset they did everything I wanted to hear so I'm not desperate to go again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Phoenix shows in March; Manchester, Dublin and Glasgow. Won’t rush for tickets to that with Glasto still fresh in the mind but would be interested in seeing their stage setup done again properly.

They've recently done a few more UK dates (don't think it was only London?). Seems to be an odd way of touring it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

They've recently done a few more UK dates (don't think it was only London?). Seems to be an odd way of touring it. 

Was just London among a few spots around Europe last week afaik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worthless news unless you live stateside, but Lorde has just announced a US tour with Run The Jewels doing some of the support dates. 

What a gig that is! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×