Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Never really listened to Alvvays before, but checked out both their albums properly tonight and I'm all over that Manchester date in February. Anyone else seeing them?

Well not until you pointed out they were playing I wasn't. They were excellent at the Gorilla the other month, and Antisocialites gets better with every listen.

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Admittedly, I listened to their album only once, but I wasn't blown away. I found it a perfectly nice listen, and was really competently put together. I thought it had really focused and tight performance and songwriting with pretty much no bullshit, everything there was functional and I appreciated that, had a good momentum. But ultimately I just found myself wanting to listen to their influences. they've probably got a very good album in them in the future, but I didn't think Brutalism had enough originality to be that. Also they want to sort the singer out, can't really get much more generic in terms of lyrics or delivery tbh. But if you say they're brilliant then I'll give it a second listen tomorrow, it's on Youtube so that means I can listen to it in work, and I've been listening to Funkadellic all week so something a bit nastier might be a good pallet cleanser.

Not gonna lie I disagree with most of that ahah, while they're not the most original band in the world I think there' enough personality in there to stop it sounding too generic and lyrically there's enough cheek and humour to keep me interested. I was a big fan before the album came out though and its a massive step up from their older stuff so maybe that helps. They're seriously good live as well.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Going back to an earlier conversation (or multiple conversations) about how easy it is to do arenas when you're on the telly...

What even happens here?

Do I book a ticket and hope my hamster is sick on the day? Gonna be a bit of a waste turning up with a perfectly healthy animal.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Did anyone else get tickets to The Killers? Had a load of people trying for me, half expecting it to be like trying to get through for Glasto tickets. Easiest thing ever. I guess the fact Ed Sheeran is in Cardiff the same weekend as they're in Swansea helped.

Now have 2 gigs in 2 days as I'm going to Ed Sheeran on the Friday (though I might sell my ticket) and The Killers on the Saturday.

Ended up going to my 7th, 8th and 9th Cribs gigs fro Friday to Sunday! They're perfect in small venues like Gorilla.

They played 47 different song over those 3 shows, 16 of which I'd never heard before!.

To Jackson, Hari Kari, Jaded Youth, Baby Don't Sweat, Cheat On Me in particular were glorious!

What a band.

8 hours ago, Simpo said:

Ended up going to my 7th, 8th and 9th Cribs gigs fro Friday to Sunday! They're perfect in small venues like Gorilla.

They played 47 different song over those 3 shows, 16 of which I'd never heard before!.

To Jackson, Hari Kari, Jaded Youth, Baby Don't Sweat, Cheat On Me in particular were glorious!

What a band.

Setlists were so good. They were my 15th, 16th and 17th times the ones I went to and I got loads of songs for the first time or first time in ages too.

8 minutes ago, Mr. B said:

BSTC_640x480-8b5b0c71f5.jpg

That lineup is cool as fuck. I said I'd never go back to BST after going this year and thinking the vibe was crap but man if this goes buy one get one free I'm there.

15 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I said I'd never go back to BST after going this year and thinking the vibe was crap but man if this goes buy one get one free I'm there.

Doubt it, they've stopped doing that since it got them a bit of bad PR. Would pay for whack and not be too arsed for that lineup tbh. It's great. 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Doubt it, they've stopped doing that since it got them a bit of bad PR. Would pay for whack and not be too arsed for that lineup tbh. It's great. 

They did it this summer just gone for every day except The Killers and Phil Collins I believe. 100% for Tom Petty and Kings of Leon at least.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not entirely sure that's correct, unfortunately .... it might be the lowest price of all of the BST shows.

it is .... nicked from the presale page...

General Admission
Ticket Price:£62.95
Service Charge:£8.60
Total Per Ticket:£71.55

Primary Entry£72.95
Premium View£99.95
Barclaycard VIP Summer Garden£149.95
The Terrace£199.95