Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

They're actually not just playing the album in full though, there's a few more songs in the set (afterwards). Could see them adjusting it to something like:

So Here We Are

This Modern Love

Positive Tension

Ratchet

Luno

Banquet

The Prayer

She's Hearing Voices

Helicopter

Like Eating Glass

Flux

And it would be brilliant. 

That would be a fantastic set. Here's hoping. 

5 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

They're actually not just playing the album in full though, there's a few more songs in the set (afterwards). Could see them adjusting it to something like:

So Here We Are

This Modern Love

Positive Tension

Ratchet

Luno

Banquet

The Prayer

She's Hearing Voices

Helicopter

Like Eating Glass

Flux

And it would be brilliant. 

That's what all bands do on an anniversary tour. Otherwise the gig would be around 40 minutes.

5 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

Ah don't say that! I would love Bloc Party to be there! ... Didn't Primal Scream headline the Other stage with their Screamadelica anniversary tour??

That's why I said "doesn't really". It's exceptionally rare, and I would say far more unlikely without the classic Bloc Party line-up.

I'd like them to be there, I just don't think it will happen.

36 minutes ago, briddj said:

That's what all bands do on an anniversary tour. Otherwise the gig would be around 40 minutes.

Yeah, fair. It’s the only one I’ve been to and the only one that’s massively appealed. But what I’m getting at is that because they’re doing these, they’re ready to play a mixed set including their other biggest songs and wouldn’t need to be considered/billed as an anniversary set like @Hugh Jass said. Out of interest, do other festivals tend to have sets billed as anniversary ones? Not sure I’ve seen one.

20 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah, fair. It’s the only one I’ve been to and the only one that’s massively appealed. But what I’m getting at is that because they’re doing these, they’re ready to play a mixed set including their other biggest songs and wouldn’t need to be considered/billed as an anniversary set like @Hugh Jass said. Out of interest, do other festivals tend to have sets billed as anniversary ones? Not sure I’ve seen one.

Reading and Leeds had Origin of Symmetry by Muse in full in 2011.

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Def Leppard are headlining Download this year playing Hysteria in full. A google search suggests it happens a bit (The National, Metallica, The Offspring). Just feels less likely a band would turn up at G if on an "album in full" promo tour, even playing a different set.