Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

I saw this and looks like there are a couple of other dates too... I don't suppose you have a full list of the tour dates do you? Might take the trip up to Manchester if there isn't anything closer to me. Albert Hall is an amazing venue!

19th Glasgow

20th Belfast 

23rd Cardiff

That's all I can find so far

12 minutes ago, priest17 said:

So the lack of cheese and grain show is a good sign for glastonbury...

Does anyone know the last time they played Glastonbury? I've gone back as far as 2010 and I haven't seen them on any line up. I'd say with those dates they are doubtful unless they head into Europe and then come back in June.

34 minutes ago, GrowlerPhil said:

Does anyone know the last time they played Glastonbury? I've gone back as far as 2010 and I haven't seen them on any line up. I'd say with those dates they are doubtful unless they head into Europe and then come back in June.

Never have, probably never will.

22 hours ago, jyoung said:

European tour announcement from Ari includes Dublin, Glasgow, London, Sheffield and Birmingham. Says Manchester isn't on the list yet as they're working on something special. Worth keeping an eye on.

What's the betting that the Manchester show happens to be a couple of months earlier.

On 11/20/2018 at 5:26 AM, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

IMG_4846.PNG

these dates had me curious and so I asked a very good mate of mine who is very good friends with KM, and whom I've met through him and got this back 

"If Morby is doing Glastonbury it would be news to him."'

which is unfortunate 

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not entirely on topic, but is Manchester a good place for gigs? Not just huge acts at arenas and stadiums, but little acts too.

I've spent a lot of money this year on travelling to concerts and now I'm thinking it might be a good idea to move closer to the action next year. London has countless concerts but it's too expensive

In short, yes. Countless venues, you'll never be short of gigs to go to.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

And what about transport? Do the trams and buses run late? I doubt I can afford to live in the centre

Trams run til about 11.30 or 12.30, depending on line/route. Buses later, some right through the night but again depends on the line route

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

And what about transport? Do the trams and buses run late? I doubt I can afford to live in the centre

You'd have to live way out in the sticks to be somewhere where public transport after a gig isn't an option. If you live somewhere with a direct bus, met, or train into town you'll be fine.

Check what transport links are like where you live tho. I used to live by Salford quays and in the daytime my walk to work was 35 mins, but in the nighttime I didn't want to have to walk right through stab central in the dark so I had to get the met, which went right around the houses so it was usually an hour getting home once changing trams and waiting times factored in. Now I live in Failsworth which is about 2 hours walk into town, but the tram takes only about 20 mins and run all day at intervals of about 5 mins.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Plusses... everyone comes to Manchester. It's rare you can't see someone, no matter the size of act. Gigs are often busy. A wide variety of venues and sizes. I Recommend the Albert Hall and Band on the wall.

Negatives - atmosphere can have an undercurrent nastiness. This isn't just the "oasis" "courteeners" type of gigs either, but it certainly isn't most gigs. Just more than you get in other places.

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Negatives - atmosphere can have an undercurrent nastiness. This isn't just the "oasis" "courteeners" type of gigs either, but it certainly isn't most gigs. Just more than you get in other places

Lived here all my life and experienced barely any gig nastiness. Opposite actually, everybody wants to chant loudly along at every gig, whether the atmosphere calls for it or not.

Nils Frahm, crowd starts going NANANANANA! along with the toilet brushes, impressive and infuriating in equal measure (I've made this up).

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Lived here all my life and experienced barely any gig nastiness. Opposite actually, everybody wants to chant loudly along at every gig, whether the atmosphere calls for it or not.

I've always found southern crowds friendlier to be honest. I have lived here all my life (well, in an industrial town just north) - I have experienced a bit of nastiness. I work in the centre and find it rough... but maybe I am just a moaning git!

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I've always found southern crowds friendlier to be honest. I have lived here all my life (well, in an industrial town just north) - I have experienced a bit of nastiness. I work in the centre and find it rough... but maybe I am just a moaning git!

Yeah Manchester does have a noticeably grubby and sketchy city centre compared to other similar UK cities. In fact I'm just walking through Picadilly Gardens right now and I must say... *Gets violently mugged*

• Upvote 1