Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Fucking weird how Panic! At The Disco are suddenly massive again. First album was everywhere, second album felt like it dropped off a cliff and they were completely over, haven't even noticed and of their releases since then. I saw them at Leeds in about 2010 and they felt like yesterday's news, people just there for an ironic bop to Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl can have.

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Fucking weird how Panic! At The Disco are suddenly massive again. First album was everywhere, second album felt like it dropped off a cliff and they were completely over, haven't even noticed and of their releases since then. I saw them at Leeds in about 2010 and they felt like yesterday's news, people just there for an ironic bop to Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl can have.

They seem to have taken the opposite path to most bands in their position and instead of breaking up and making a comeback bigger than ever a few years later they've just refused to fuck off and have kept a stream of passable albums coming out every two years, somehow managing to climb their way to the top again after considerable lulls. I mean, as a former fan they sound terrible now, but fair play to them/him. If you'd have told me ten years ago that Panic! at the Disco would be playing arenas now I'd definitely have thought you were taking the piss.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They seem to have taken the opposite path to most bands in their position and instead of breaking up and making a comeback bigger than ever a few years later they've just refused to fuck off and have kept a stream of passable albums coming out every two years, somehow managing to climb their way to the top again after considerable lulls. I mean, as a former fan they sound terrible now, but fair play to them/him. If you'd have told me ten years ago that Panic! at the Disco would be playing arenas now I'd definitely have thought you were taking the piss.

Similarly baffled by The Kooks and Wombats allegedly doing arenas now.

Tell me who is buying these tickets, Floorf? What demographic? Is it their original fans? We got bands of that era still good for them to go to, do they not dig LCD? Is it the kids? We got new bands for them to listen to, do they not dig Sophie?

This society we now live in has such levels of complexity that nobody can hope to understand it. But I do fear the work of bad actors akin to Cambridge Analytica may be present here, exploiting circumstances which are new and invisible to most of us to bring about event which would've seemed inconceivable before now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tell me who is buying these tickets, Floorf? What demographic? Is it their original fans? We got bands of that era still good for them to go to, do they not dig LCD? Is it the kids? We got new bands for them to listen to, do they not dig Sophie?

This society we now live in has such levels of complexity that nobody can hope to understand it. But I do fear the work of bad actors akin to Cambridge Analytica may be present here, exploiting circumstances which are new and invisible to most of us to bring about event which would've seemed inconceivable before now. 

Full disclosure Lawn.....I just don't get SOPHIE.  I've tried, lord knows how I've tried, but no. But to balance that, nor have I bought Kooks tickets. So I guess I'm a no-score draw.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Full disclosure Lawn.....I just don't get SOPHIE.  I've tried, lord knows how I've tried, but no. But to balance that, nor have I bought Kooks tickets. So I guess I'm a no-score draw.

It's ok, you needn't like everything. As long as you're keeping out of them Kooks gigs you should be safe. Keep an eye open for anything sinister going on as well, I wonder if this is only the beginning of something far darker than we're prepared for.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's ok, you needn't like everything. As long as you're keeping out of them Kooks gigs you should be safe. Keep an eye open for anything sinister going on as well, I wonder if this is only the beginning of something far darker than we're prepared for.

Turns out Jackie Big Tits is actually an evil genius living in a hollowed out volcano

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

C’mon you mean you wouldn’t raise a warm Tuborg to Luke and the lads as they rattle out Jackie Big Tits? Dressed in a check shirt, skinny jeans and busted up Converse? 

Nah me neither. 

34 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The landfill indie revival:

6bzNYyJ.gif&key=29a9da99259dee804d2dc838

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Me neither, it’s certainly weird and a bit different...but I just don’t get how anyone could enjoy SOPHIE unironically

6 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Science lesson coming up:

At the peak of each band's first spell of prominence, you have fans who are old enough or nearly old enough to go see them who will then grow ashamed and regretful of memories and styles and stuff attached to that era, and then you have the young children playing FIFA or whatever who are free from those feelings and are actually looking out for a Kooks single three years on. The lull is created between the band dropping off with the first group and the second group becoming of age to go to gigs and stuff; a drop we will not title 'Jackie's Cleavage'. Coming full circle, The Wombats just played at Reading (I had the live stream on for a bit) and there was a full field, with loads of late-teens/early-twenties folk belting out the words to their closer 'Greek Tragedy', which I'm sure will elude fellow ex-fans as much as it did me.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Science lesson coming up:

At the peak of each band's first spell of prominence, you have fans who are old enough or nearly old enough to go see them who will then grow ashamed and regretful of memories and styles and stuff attached to that era, and then you have the young children playing FIFA or whatever who are free from those feelings and are actually looking out for a Kooks single three years on. The lull is created between the band dropping off with the first group and the second group becoming of age to go to gigs and stuff; a drop we will not title 'Jackie's Cleavage'. Coming full circle, The Wombats just played at Reading (I had the live stream on for a bit) and there was a full field, with loads of late-teens/early-twenties folk belting out the words to their closer 'Greek Tragedy', which I'm sure will elude fellow ex-fans as much as it did me.

Oryt Dental, how's tricks me old mucka?