Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Thanks for the clarification 

Though that's not to say he'll move onto much bigger venues than that. It was clear to see he was pushing himself a bit with an arena tour....it did sell I think eventually but took a while, bar possibly Manchester but that's expected.

54 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Though that's not to say he'll move onto much bigger venues than that. It was clear to see he was pushing himself a bit with an arena tour....it did sell I think eventually but took a while, bar possibly Manchester but that's expected.

I was being cheeky. It's clear from the ad that he's got a new album out and that he's touring smaller venues. Where he goes from here, who knows? 

25 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Surprised by the arena dates 

FB_IMG_1535064577749.jpg

Love how from Liverpool upwards it's arenas and from Nottingham (well Llandudno really but who cares about them) downwards all non-arenas.

Anyway the arena dates don't surprise me when you've got the likes of The Wombats and The Kooks playing them in 2018.

8 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Screenshot_20180823-183629_Twitter.jpg

I was tempted but the new song is awful.

3 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Surprised by the arena dates 

FB_IMG_1535064577749.jpg

To be honest it's an academy tour with northern arena dates as that's where they can sell it. I actually think if this sells well they will go on to do a solo outdoor show themselves similar to what Liam has this year.....there is a Manchester gig of any sort missing there and prices right I reckon they could sell 50k tickets with 6 months to sell.

33 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

IMG_20180824_025024.jpg

They are well on the way to topping Reading outright.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Many people have compared it to The Jilted Generation and Experience but to be honest I've not a huge fan. I'm more Fat of the Land, I thought IMD was superb too and there is another one.

It got discussed on the new music thread I think, definitely sounds like something that would be used live to build the hype in the crowd to drop into a banger like Firestarter or similar.  As a standalone it doesn't really go anywhere in itself, but it's really grown on me. Giving serious consideration to the Brighton gig

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

It got discussed on the new music thread I think, definitely sounds like something that would be used live to build the hype in the crowd to drop into a banger like Firestarter or similar.  As a standalone it doesn't really go anywhere in itself, but it's really grown on me. Giving serious consideration to the Brighton gig

They were great in Manchester last year...

IMG_20180824_112145.jpg