Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Logan1996 said:

131338623_ScreenShot2018-06-11at10_37_29.png.b716ac96a73a573cf445ddffefceb67a.png

very large don broco tour announced , playing arenas which is a lot larger than previous tours. they could be likely for JP/Other next year

Don't seem like a band Glasto would book in high-ish slot tbh. Similar to all the pop-punk bands that don't get booked (even though they're not a pop-punk band themselves they appeal to a similar crowd). If they're playing arenas you'd think they'd be after quite a big slot.

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If I see a bloke walking around in Pearl Jam t-shirt I'll be sure to say hi, and hope that it is actually you and not some random other Pearl Jam fan.

If it's not me and there wearing a PJ top they very well might know me.. 

I'm know for being a PJ fan and for hating VWs lol 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

David Byrne London O2 October 29th

he hasn't even started his first run of shows here yet. :lol:

Did think it was likely he'd come round again tho, as it's something he's done on previous solo tours ... my dilemma now is whether I risk them selling out before I see him on Sunday to decide if I want to see him again this tour.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Sweet, was looking the other week to see if they were touring at all. Might go to the Pompey gig.

Aye, missed their Guildford gig last week but at that stage they only had one or two listed so figured that was it.  This has come as a pleasant surprise. Album comes out on Friday as well

22 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh right, nice. He puts on good shows doesn't he? I'm tempted, wonder how much it'll cost though

According to Ticketmaster, the Brighton Centre gig is £49.60-£55.20, including fees. I assume London will be a bit pricier. Either way the Brighton date is tempting me

new Ben Howard tour dates:

7th December – Hydro Arena, Glasgow
8th December – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
10th December – O2 Apollo, Manchester
11th December – O2 Apollo, Manchester
16th January 2019 – O2 Academy Brixton, London
17th January 2019 – O2 Academy Brixton, London
25th January – 3Arena, Dublin

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he hasn't even started his first run of shows here yet. :lol:

Did think it was likely he'd come round again tho, as it's something he's done on previous solo tours ... my dilemma now is whether I risk them selling out before I see him on Sunday to decide if I want to see him again this tour.

He's not going to sell 18,000 tickets (or whatever the O2 holds) between Friday and Monday.

Mind you all the reviews look pretty good. http://davidbyrne.com/

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Seen that Unknown Mortal Orchestra have also added some extra dates.  Anyone seen them live before? Don't know that much about them, but listening to recent album I'm not sure how it translates live.  Worth a ticket?

I really enjoyed them at Glasto in 2016, so can't comment about the new stuff but they were really good that day. I'm not going to this tour though as there's no Manchester/Liverpool date which is kinda shit, but they were here just the other week tbf and I missed it to watch the CL final.

I'm 100% gonna go to David Byrne at the arena. I'll just go down on the day and aim to get in for cheap though I think, I'd be surprised if there's enough demand for there not to be plenty of spares floating about.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That David Byrne tour is massive wtf. Too big for West Holts? Didn't think he'd have that selling power as a solo artist.

I'm probably wrong but I don't even remember his tour this month selling out especially fast, certainly not enough to suggest a tour like this was possible. Maybe like 3rd down Pyramid if he's too big for West Holts. Is he likely to be touring again next summer anyway?