Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Been a rough summer for big 90s rock bands attempting to play the central belt - GNR, RHCP and RATM all cancelled at relatively short notice.

Yeah that is a weird one to have all 3 bail out in sight of gig day, though have any been as last minute as Green Day having to cancel a Glasgow show in 2017 after the weather ruined the venue?

19 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

I'm going to guess 5-8 arena dates for Late March/ Early April. Similar to the the 2016 arena tour. They neglected arenas on their last tour (bar the 2 O2 gigs and 1 Birmingham show right at the very end) 

I guess it as much depends on what the tour plan is for WOTP and whether its an entirely arena show, as Drones was, or if they've got a arena-stadium run like Simulation Theory's version. Though even then, I think those 3 arena dates in September 2019 were harder sells coming so soon after a June 2019 stadium run.

I personally think it'll be a November theatre tour with full shows for summer 2023 announced of the back of that. But I guess we've got a week until we discover the truth.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Yeah that is a weird one to have all 3 bail out in sight of gig day, though have any been as last minute as Green Day having to cancel a Glasgow show in 2017 after the weather ruined the venue?

I was working as bar staff on that Green Day gig in 2017. It wasn’t bad weather, it was bad organisation. We arrived in the morning and half the stage had still to be built. There was no front barrier up. They had to cancel cause the venue wasn’t ready, they just blamed it on the weather. 

Oh, and they also never paid us for the three hours we were there in the morning despite promising that on the day. 

Edited by gordong

10 hours ago, Chef said:

Bagged two standing tickets in the resale - thanks for the heads up. Twickets still selling in seconds, must be bots. 

Twickets twitter alert page comes through a lot faster than app / email notifications so its probably people using twitter that are beating you i'd guess

18 hours ago, gordong said:

I was working as bar staff on that Green Day gig in 2017. It wasn’t bad weather, it was bad organisation. We arrived in the morning and half the stage had still to be built. There was no front barrier up. They had to cancel cause the venue wasn’t ready, they just blamed it on the weather. 

Oh, and they also never paid us for the three hours we were there in the morning despite promising that on the day. 

Oh right. So it's likely it would've still been shit even on a sunny day, nevermind just having the excuse of the weather. That latter part of not being paid sounded particularly dickish.

Surprised Green Day's promoters booked the same venue for the show in Glasgow earlier this summer.

40 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Next spring apparently, arenas (though I imagine they might try for smaller capacity in some places). Then almost certainly a full festival season including Glastonbury.

Crazy to think how much she has taken off. I still remember her supporting Chvrches at the Academy. She was fantastic and to this day I always regret not buying a Lizzo made me do it t-shirt. 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Crazy to think how much she has taken off. I still remember her supporting Chvrches at the Academy. She was fantastic and to this day I always regret not buying a Lizzo made me do it t-shirt. 

Lizzo brought me on stage with her at Leeds 2014! I had to dance with her to one of her songs. Over the years it went from an anecdote my mates did not see as significant, to one they refuse to even believe.

lizzo.jpg.bbbdfee360a648bb6321d47b06e0d995.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Lizzo brought me on stage with her at Leeds 2014! I had to dance with her to one of her songs. Over the years it went from an anecdote my mates did not see as significant, to one they refuse to even believe.

lizzo.jpg.bbbdfee360a648bb6321d47b06e0d995.jpg

Must have been around the same time then because she did the same when I saw her that first time. She got a couple of men up on stage with her.