Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

36 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Unfortunately it’s just gonna become a norm that we’re all eventually going to have to accept. Not sure why Bruce is taking all the flack - maybe people expected him to take a stand against this kind of thing? Or he’s the first massive/stadium sized act for this to effect? - but this has been going on for a short while now and, much like all the other shit that ticketmaster has pulled since… forever, unless people outright stop buying tickets from them (which they won’t) or every artist takes a stand against it (which they won’t) they’ll completely get away with it. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Unfortunately it’s just gonna become a norm that we’re all eventually going to have to accept. Not sure why Bruce is taking all the flack - maybe people expected him to take a stand against this kind of thing? Or he’s the first massive/stadium sized act for this to effect? - but this has been going on for a short while now and, much like all the other shit that ticketmaster has pulled since… forever, unless people outright stop buying tickets from them (which they won’t) or every artist takes a stand against it (which they won’t) they’ll completely get away with it. 

I think people expected more from Springsteen I guess! It's not really just ticketmasters fault: artists can opt out of it. The fact he isn't shows he's in it for the money really.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Bruce doesnt need the money thats clear. His management saying what they said is just bullshit. Yes, the prices are pretty fair market and such, but dont get greedy and let the ticketing system run wild with the pricing. If they wanted to make more money then just add some vip package crap and some idiot will fork over the money. And of course people are running out of money so funds run thin and you have to pick and choose who to see. Dynamic and such has been going on for a lot longer than youre aware of. I was in a beta program for dynamic pricing through ticketmaster about 10 years ago. I had to go through simulated onsales with the prices changing and all that kind of thing and gave my feedback. Its just finally come to a head. Inflation is hurting lots of people and with prices going up for concerts and then this moreso shows the true colors of whats what.

I dont think anyone is upset that artists want to get a fair wage and all, but theres plenty of other ways to go about it. Platinum pricing has been a thing within the last 5 years even more which is the true ticket killer. Nows its even more obvious that Ticketmaster will just specifically price certain areas of venues and such as platinum from the get go because they know they would go for a premium to begin with. As stated, artists and management have the options of not using these things for their shows, its just a matter of if they do or dont. Just wait when Beyonce announces a tour and its with Verified fan then the dynamic pricing comes up. The Beyhive is going to have a field day with it and everyone knows she does not need a damn dime. Right now in the u.s. Live Nation is having a fire sale for tickets again to tons of gigs from now til the end of the year. 4 tickets for $80 flat. Theyre trying to push as much  inventory as they can to get people through the door to spend $100 on beer and merch a person which matters more than the ticket cost. Maybe all this gets people to realize that festivals are way better value and to stop being turned off by some, even though some are horribly priced and should never be asking what theyre asking which is why a bunch are struggling in the first place.

13 hours ago, zahidf said:

I think people expected more from Springsteen I guess! It's not really just ticketmasters fault: artists can opt out of it. The fact he isn't shows he's in it for the money really.

Arcade Fire was another that surprised me and went against their ethos. Thought they'd be the last to opt in to all that, extra charges for early entry bullshit etc etc. I hate to say it but I'm soon going to be out priced of many shows the way things are going. I really fucking hate this world at the minute.

9 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Wild Pink have announced a UK tour for November. their most recent album is one of my favourite records of the 2020s so far and the new track today is an absolute tune. very excited for this one

6763F796-3832-4FE4-A6B8-9B8B8CB4952E.jpeg

Wasn’t a fan of their most recent but loved the one before. Couple of critics I follow on Twitter have early copies of this new one and have been raving about it so pretty excited for it, and may well have to hit up the tour if it’s as good as they say.

I remember seeing Flight of the Conchords about 10-15 years ago at an arena, and they had a whole series of gags about people in the "cheap seats" at the back and they probably couldn't see what was going on and they got cheaper tickets... and we were like "no, the tickets were all the same price, not how it works in the UK".

Shocked by how much Con Man have exploded, they've had 5 shows sell out this morning in a few minutes. I was at a festival on the weekend and the camp site next to us was busting out their tunes on a speaker and they had only heard about them via the performance on iPlayer.

I was at the Bristol show a few months ago and for memory that only sold out the day of the gig. Goes to show how much exposure Glastonbury gives you and they knocked the performance out of the park as well.

They could do almost do an Other stage slot imo.

Edited by MrBarry465

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Two Confidence Man dates sold out in 4 minutes. Glastonbury + word of mouth must be doing them wonders.

Also on jools holland. Supported noel gallagher etc. Guess it all helps. Its also a good onstage presence . That definitely helps.

On 7/27/2022 at 11:22 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

Wild Pink have announced a UK tour for November. their most recent album is one of my favourite records of the 2020s so far and the new track today is an absolute tune. very excited for this one

6763F796-3832-4FE4-A6B8-9B8B8CB4952E.jpeg

Ooh nice, might check this out!  Only downside of the H&R is set talkers can really fuck things up as it's so small