Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 7/20/2022 at 9:19 AM, jump said:

Jagur Skills is the support at the show I'm going to but they have a different DJs supporting depending on the date and I can't remember who the others are.

Have you been to your show? Any idea on set times?

16 minutes ago, jump said:

Nope, I'm seeing them tonight. Apparently the support acts opened at 7.45 on the other nights so I imagine it's the same at Brixton.

Thanks can you let me know support start time and Prodigy start time  - I am going Friday. 

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah exactly, the only thing putting me off slightly is how big the Golden Circle was for Pearl Jam (luckily we were in it but i couldn't afford the £200 odd for bruce)

Luckily I was inside too, but even then I didn't feel that close. I felt sorry for those stuck outside it, looking over the rail and seeing lots of space at the back of the golden circle. I've called this area the brown circle.

Before even seeing the prices, I made the decision to wait until just before the gig to grab some tickets. I am so done with buying tickets this far in advance.

5 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Luckily I was inside too, but even then I didn't feel that close. I felt sorry for those stuck outside it, looking over the rail and seeing lots of space at the back of the golden circle. I've called this area the brown circle.

Before even seeing the prices, I made the decision to wait until just before the gig to grab some tickets. I am so done with buying tickets this far in advance.

Same as the Stones. Was about 15 rows back in the GA. Space in the golden circle was disgusting. Would take something very special for me to go back to Hyde Park

18 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Dynamic pricing is still shadowy and Ticketmaster won't fully be transparent about the algorithm involved (it also seems to vary from tour to tour, making things even more incomprehensible), but from what I can gather it's a % allocation of a show that's selling out at a certain rate. So if it's a more popular show, this % allocation is triggered quicker. It also fairly common in the states now for prices to start dropping nearer the time if the show isn't sold out, so they're never really fully fixed - though I've yet to see this for a UK tour.

The artist or promoter almost certainly signs off/approves on dynamic pricing as they're not all like this.

I hate this new ticketmaster thing. In my local ticketmaster it's describer as "a way to make sure real fans can get tickets". Real fans = fans with money or ready to spend a month of rent on tickets and skip on food? 😤

1 hour ago, moogster said:

I hate this new ticketmaster thing. In my local ticketmaster it's describer as "a way to make sure real fans can get tickets". Real fans = fans with money or ready to spend a month of rent on tickets and skip on food? 😤

Their argument of its similar to flights, where price goes up as demand goes up/supply goes down, is downright disgraceful. 

Flights generally cost less, and you pay a convenience for booking late. Ticketmaster start by charging 100% of the selling price and then it only increases, never decreases. 

24 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Flights generally cost less, and you pay a convenience for booking late. Ticketmaster start by charging 100% of the selling price and then it only increases, never decreases. 

yes that's quite hilarious, I went to a killers concert with a "second hand" ticket from a secured/public resale website at 2/3 of the price and ticketmaster was still trying to sell tickets at 400 pounds ... Their algorithm, or their data sourcing is really poor.

21 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Crowded House got  quite mad when they discovered it was happening. 

Speaking as a fan, I can't imagine Crowded House getting mad about anything ever. Even mildly annoyed seems a stretch.

Seriously though, I remember when they pushed back on it and applauded it then. We need many more artists to take similar stands.

8 minutes ago, moogster said:

yes that's quite hilarious, I went to a killers concert with a "second hand" ticket from a secured/public resale website at 2/3 of the price and ticketmaster was still trying to sell tickets at 400 pounds ... Their algorithm, or their data sourcing is really poor.

Or is it? Although you could argue that they could have sold many more tickets for that one show had they pulled the price down, they will be looking at all the shows they sell for, and will not want to convince the public that they can always get cheaper tickets by waiting. They're creating artificial scarcity to encourage buyers to not think twice about paying full price many months before the event.

19 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Thanks can you let me know support start time and Prodigy start time  - I am going Friday. 

Prodigy were on at 9.30, I'm not sure about the support act as I got in late around 8ish and the support act was already on.

You are in for a treat, it's still a Prodigy gig and what they did for Firestarter was a really lovely tribute to Flint. It's fucking hot though, I felt cooler at a Rammstein gig with their 100s of flamethrowers.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Or is it? Although you could argue that they could have sold many more tickets for that one show had they pulled the price down, they will be looking at all the shows they sell for, and will not want to convince the public that they can always get cheaper tickets by waiting. They're creating artificial scarcity to encourage buyers to not think twice about paying full price many months before the event.

True but with those prices or the ones above from the US one can only laugh?

43 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Speaking as a fan, I can't imagine Crowded House getting mad about anything ever. Even mildly annoyed seems a stretch.

Seriously though, I remember when they pushed back on it and applauded it then. We need many more artists to take similar stands.

Tim Burgess is getting involved with it on twitter now

Prodigy were incredible last night. One of the hottest shows I've ever been at

Be wary if you're going near the front though as I would hazard a guess that about 20 people had their phone stolen last night, myself included. At the end of the show there were phone cases all over the floor and calling any of the phones it went straight to the message that it was turned off

Just managed to pick up a weekend ticket to Splendour Festival for £50. Absolute last minute bargain as I was about to pay the full just over £90. So I've got Dickie, Supergrass with a run to belinda for the last song lol, Craid David TS5, Becky Hill, Heather Small, Anne Marie, Mel C and Example. 

4 hours ago, moogster said:

Just taking advantage of people who only use ticketmaster and don't know about twickets / other sites

4 hours ago, moogster said:

Aye it certainly pays to wait on. I've just bought a first ticket off of ticketswap and it was so easy and at half price.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Just managed to pick up a weekend ticket to Splendour Festival for £50. Absolute last minute bargain as I was about to pay the full just over £90. So I've got Dickie, Supergrass with a run to belinda for the last song lol, Craid David TS5, Becky Hill, Heather Small, Anne Marie, Mel C and Example. 

A really good lineup! Haven't seen Example for far too long. I'm likely to pay around £50 just for mr Ashcroft in Manchester in October. I love OCS too. Wish I was closer to Nottingham!!

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

A really good lineup! Haven't seen Example for far too long. I'm likely to pay around £50 just for mr Ashcroft in Manchester in October. I love OCS too. Wish I was closer to Nottingham!!

I'm not huge on OCS but probably even less so on THL so I'll use them as a food stop.

I've just got a hostel in nottingham for two nights about 5 mins walk from where the bus leaves upper parliament. So I'm going to hit some bars in nottingham too as it's been a while and do some sight seeing around the castle area and canal side. Train is only 50 mins from my town up there.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not huge on OCS but probably even less so on THL so I'll use them as a food stop.

I've just got a hostel in nottingham for two nights about 5 mins walk from where the bus leaves upper parliament. So I'm going to hit some bars in nottingham too as it's been a while and do some sight seeing around the castle area and canal side. Train is only 50 mins from my town up there.

sounds absolutely awesome - enjoy it!

• Upvote 1