Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Probably have some vintage Keith visuals and pre-records for his vocals, with Maxim and others doing the crowd hype thing. Will be weird at first but I'm sure they have enough footage from him that it's actually going to be a pretty nice tribute. Might grab tickets as they're relatively small venues.

Stage will look pretty empty with just Maxim up there. Used to be Maxim, Keith and Leroy. 

2 minutes ago, Deaco85 said:

Where could Prodigy play? I do not want them clashing with Mr McCartney!

I dont think they would do that sort of thing. Like its gonna be a tribute more than anything if it does happen  and its the first performance. So potentially an Other sub nobody saw coming?  Unless they think WH will be fine and not be rammed. True insanity would be JP like The Killers and itll be packed. At least that could be done in the daytime.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d assumed she’d put both dates down because it’s yet to be officially confirmed and she’s just playing ball, but her playing multiple sets is an interesting theory. 

Bon Iver did both Park headline and Other daytime in ‘09, and The xx in ‘10 - wonder if she could be doing double duty too?

HAIM did early pyramid then Park (and a few other places like BBC intro too)

43 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I dont think they would do that sort of thing. Like its gonna be a tribute more than anything if it does happen  and its the first performance. So potentially an Other sub nobody saw coming?  Unless they think WH will be fine and not be rammed. True insanity would be JP like The Killers and itll be packed. At least that could be done in the daytime.

Unless i'm wrong it looks like Other headliner on Friday (vs Billie) is open currently? When Keith died Emily also did a memorial post which said they were due to play the festival that year. I'm pretty sure she also said they were going to play the Friday? Seems to line up but could be completely inaccurate. 

1 minute ago, discgoesmic said:

Unless i'm wrong it looks like Other headliner on Friday (vs Billie) is open currently? When Keith died Emily also did a memorial post which said they were due to play the festival that year. I'm pretty sure she also said they were going to play the Friday? Seems to line up but could be completely inaccurate. 

Don’t do this to me … 

3 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Foals are pretty widely accepted as the Friday Other headliner.

3 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Don’t do this to me … 

It’s Foals headlining Other on Friday, no?

And I think in 2019 from the info we got it was gonna be Tame Impala - The Prodigy - Chems in that order initially.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I would think you couldnt have this be a headline type of deal. They could just sub Foals and nobody would bat an eye. Not knowing how the show would go off and how much people would be into the idea of Prodigy without Keith is something to consider. Why risk giving them a stage headline slot if you didnt have to. And yeah, Foals are on friday. Saturday is up in the air, but this doesnt seem like what you would do when there are options available already.

I'd be surprised if the Prodigy's first gig back after all that's happened is at Glastonbury, or any other festival, secret or otherwise. It just doesn't feel like the kind of thing they'd do. 

The tour they've announced is exactly the kind of thing they do: familiar venues, familiar towns, and three nights in Brixton. 

34 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I'd be surprised if the Prodigy's first gig back after all that's happened is at Glastonbury, or any other festival, secret or otherwise. It just doesn't feel like the kind of thing they'd do. 

The tour they've announced is exactly the kind of thing they do: familiar venues, familiar towns, and three nights in Brixton. 

Agreed, if this was in early June 100%, but glastonbury first show back just doesn't add up imo