Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

20 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Why "weirdly popular?

Just a band who’s popularity I would’ve expected to have somewhat waned by now, but they’re still playing (and selling out) arenas pretty regularly and getting number 1 albums, and if anything more popular than ever, whilst other bands of their ilk slip down the Kendall Calling lineup year on year. 

Just now, GrumpyRaver said:

Because they're shite.

And yeah, this too.

10 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

every time I see Big Thief I’m like ‘no way are they gonna be better than last time’ then they go and blow that thought out the water. 

Gonna be a must see on the Park. 

Maybe they’ll be even better next time if she doesn’t have a 10 minute random rabble moment about planes or some shite. Don’t even know what she was talking about my brain shut down it was that ridiculous.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Just a band who’s popularity I would’ve expected to have somewhat waned by now, but they’re still playing (and selling out) arenas pretty regularly and getting number 1 albums, and if anything more popular than ever, whilst other bands of their ilk slip down the Kendall Calling lineup year on year. 

And yeah, this too.

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Because they're shite.

Excellent. And what constitutes "not shite" music?

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Thought I'd pick up a ticket for one of the TCT gigs, I always try to get to one every year. Decided Liam was the best option... ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY QUID to stand!!!

I know it's for charity but fucking hell!!

I did exactly the same. Couldn't quite believe it - I know its for charity and they've missed out on a couple of years so good luck to them but that's too much for me.

I had stalls tickets for Noel doing TCT in 2020 which got cancelled, just as the pandemic was kicking off, and paid £90 for that - not cheap by any means but a 50% hike for the (in my opinion) less talented brother is steep.

At least with The Who show you could kind of say the acoustic element adds something away from the normal if you're a fan...but again not for me  

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

I did exactly the same. Couldn't quite believe it - I know its for charity and they've missed out on a couple of years so good luck to them but that's too much for me.

I had stalls tickets for Noel doing TCT in 2020 which got cancelled, just as the pandemic was kicking off, and paid £90 for that - not cheap by any means but a 50% hike for the (in my opinion) less talented brother is steep.

At least with The Who show you could kind of say the acoustic element adds something away from the normal if you're a fan...but again not for me  

How can you say Noel is less talented when he wrote the songs and continues to still write his own songs? Liam just has legacy and a dose of 'charisma'

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Bruh thats some reading comprehension you've got there

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Think he meant Liam is the less talented one.

ah yeah whoops - i'm a bit hungover okay 🙂 . Was going to say!

Knebworth with kasabian was £75, not bad at all i think

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

ah yeah whoops - i'm a bit hungover okay 🙂 . Was going to say!

Knebworth with kasabian was £75, not bad at all i think

Another way to look at it is half a Glastonbury ticket to watch Liam Gallagher at the RAH. Even the cheap tickets were about 90 sheets. It's sold out though so people are obviously happy to pay.

The pricing decision has been made by the TCT given the other gigs are priced the same. Can't see many people shelling out those amounts for Madness though.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Another way to look at it is half a Glastonbury ticket to watch Liam Gallagher at the RAH. Even the cheap tickets were about 90 sheets. It's sold out though so people are obviously happy to pay.

The pricing decision has been made by the TCT given the other gigs are priced the same. Can't see many people shelling out those amounts for Madness though.

Thats a scary way to look at it. I remember when AM did it the tickets were a similar price - my friend was tempted but I could not justify it. Agreed on Madness

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It's brilliant, one of the best venues in the world.

Interesting, I'm sure the sound is great just wonder what the atmosphere is like. Depends a lot on who your seeing but I feel like seeing AM there would be a bit weird - if I saw them at a small venue i'd want it to be more like Brixton i think

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Interesting, I'm sure the sound is great just wonder what the atmosphere is like. Depends a lot on who your seeing but I feel like seeing AM there would be a bit weird - if I saw them at a small venue i'd want it to be more like Brixton i think

It was incredible, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I was one of the lucky few in the relatively small standing section though.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah it'd be Madness

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

2A8520F9-D22A-462E-B788-8D82D2FA116D.thumb.jpeg.1840936e396dff33909fb879c2b295c9.jpeg

just back from the Lumineers gig in Glasgow. Excellent and some good new tunes.  Seen them twice on the farm. Don’t know if they are around this year. 

Where do you think they’d place if they played? Above Editors?

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Where do you think they’d place if they played? Above Editors?

Maybe 3rd down on The other stage.  Must admit tonight’s show was really slick and enjoyable after being starved of gigs for so long . Good that there was plenty  standing rather than all seated. 

19 hours ago, gfa said:

Thats a scary way to look at it. I remember when AM did it the tickets were a similar price - my friend was tempted but I could not justify it. Agreed on Madness

Yeah there is no reason to compare a festival price to a gig at RAH. They are especially known to be inflated, even I paid way over for Biffy Clyro there than I would at a standard gig of theirs. But given some of the acts that have played there, I wanted to finally go and that's probably as good as I could have hoped for.

If i hadn't been, I'd have not paid this years prices though.