Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

5 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Has anyone here been to see Dry Cleaning on their current tour? Considering going solo Tuesday evening but was hoping to see some reviews. Not seen them live before but setlist looks good

They are decent live. Seeing them in a couple of weeks, the big bonus on this tour is they are being supported by PVA who are very good.

Teenage Cancer Trust gigs at the RAH confirmed by the Metro: The Who (acoustic), Madness, Ed Sheeran, Yungblud, Liam Gallagher, Don Broco and Joel Dommett

Edit: all dates are here https://www.teenagecancertrust.org/events/music-and-entertainment/teenage-cancer-trust-concert-royal-albert-hall

Edited by finn_with_1_n

28 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Spice Girls rumored for the Jubilee Concert which is 3 weeks before Glasto...

They regretted turning down the last one and have been suggested for Glasto for a while, be silly to reform for just 1 concert? 

They've only been suggested for Glastonbury by themselves, or more specifically by Mel C. The rest of them don't seem nearly as fussed.

And honestly, while the festival has veered more towards pop in recent years - that'd feel a step way too far given that (unlike most of the names we've seen touted), my understanding is that the performers themselves had basically no creative input in any aspect of their career - they didn't write the songs, they didn't even choose what songs to record or what to wear.

18 minutes ago, incident said:

They've only been suggested for Glastonbury by themselves, or more specifically by Mel C. The rest of them don't seem nearly as fussed.

And honestly, while the festival has veered more towards pop in recent years - that'd feel a step way too far given that (unlike most of the names we've seen touted), my understanding is that the performers themselves had basically no creative input in any aspect of their career - they didn't write the songs, they didn't even choose what songs to record or what to wear.

Absolutely incorrect.  I think this is a common misconception about them actually. Spice Girls wrote or co-wrote literally every song they recorded. They had far more control over their career than most of their contemporaries. They famously ditched their management before they had a record deal and went through the phone book calling up producers  or turning up at their houses to write and record demos. They'd recorded half their album before they were even signed by Virgin. The label wanted to release Love Thing as their debut single and it was the band who demanded they went with Wannabe.

48 minutes ago, incident said:

Oh dear, looks like we've got another Albarn/Swift incident on our hands 

I know a few of us won tickets to the Pet Shop Boys at the Electric Ballroom. The company involved are telling people the date is locked in for the summer but they're not allowed to say when it is until the Pet Shop Boys have announced their festival schedule. At this point in time surely that's just Glastonbury? Anyway, I've looked at their gigs and their free dates and I'm hoping it takes place mid July.

image.thumb.png.6dfcc4f8aeb5d2a2e95e6fe89dca0d60.png