Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, oxygentleman said:

In summary, Dre needs to do a headline show in Europe.

I have this feeling in my waters that Dre's going to take a year in the not too distant future and roll out a big massive world tour. He was making noises a few years ago about wanting to have a big proper fully staged show outside of the US because he's never done an overseas show that hasn't been a one-off thing with really small scale production. I think he's been looking into fucking enormous lighting rigs and live bands and massive soundsystems and crazy DJ booths and loads of Dre acolytes as guests at every show, and then soon he's just going to unleash this big monster he's been working on.

Not so much an announcement as a recommendation, but caught Feeder last night in Leeds and was suitably impressed. Caught them a few years ago when they came back behind All Bright Electric at the Ritz in Manchester and found myself severely underwhelmed; this time, conversely, was an absolute blast. Grant Nicholas might not have the voice he once did but he accommodates it well; gives the slower songs a weathered edge and additional melancholic dimension. 

Think Rock City is sold out but if anyone picks up a ticket for Brixton on Saturday, hope it lives up to this one 'ere up north.

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

London Troxy Belle and Seb tickets are currently £26 inc fees instead of £39 on Viagogo. I just grabbed two for sat night (they’re playing Friday too).

first time and I beat Viagogo. That site doesn’t half ham it up with the fake drama!

:lol: I know what you mean. You have a look at some tickets that are a fraction of face value because nobody wants them and it still puts you in a "queue" because of all the people looking at tickets right now, snatching tickets left right and centre.

Edited by dentalplan

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

:lol: I know what you mean. You have a look at some tickets that are a fraction of face value because nobody wants them and it still puts you in a "queue" because of all the people looking at tickets right now, snatching tickets left right and centre.

I looked at this last night; I've been given a free pair but a third would mean that we're not leaving my dad to hang out on his own. The website shows you the ticket price then makes you fill out your details and click through about 8 pages before telling you right on the payment page that fees are an extra £17. :lol: Get bent lads.

27 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I looked at this last night; I've been given a free pair but a third would mean that we're not leaving my dad to hang out on his own. The website shows you the ticket price then makes you fill out your details and click through about 8 pages before telling you right on the payment page that fees are an extra £17. :lol: Get bent lads.

I’ve had that before. Utter bullshit.

They're crooks, nothing more nothing less!

My mother in law got stung for Joan Baez tickets when they went on sale as she chose a sponsored link from her google search instead of the normal channel. Unfortunately fell for the ‘only 12 tickets left’ line that they put on their site for gigs which haven’t even sold out through normal channels. Ended up paying close to £200 for a pair of tickets worth £80. When hearing of her predicament, the sh*tbags gratefully offered to sell the tickets she’d bought from them, subject to usual fees.  

They’re not breaking the law or anything, but they’re utter scum. 

2 hours ago, Badlands said:

They're crooks, nothing more nothing less!

My mother in law got stung for Joan Baez tickets when they went on sale as she chose a sponsored link from her google search instead of the normal channel. Unfortunately fell for the ‘only 12 tickets left’ line that they put on their site for gigs which haven’t even sold out through normal channels. Ended up paying close to £200 for a pair of tickets worth £80. When hearing of her predicament, the sh*tbags gratefully offered to sell the tickets she’d bought from them, subject to usual fees.  

They’re not breaking the law or anything, but they’re utter scum. 

Ah that’s awful. I guess it’s alright us lot knowing to never buy above FV and guffawing at their hyperbole when we’re not who they’re trying to con. They’re definitely the worst of a bad bunch - even in the cheap tickets game they all but eradicate the deficit with ridiculous fees.

14 hours ago, Homer said:

London Troxy Belle and Seb tickets are currently £26 inc fees instead of £39 on Viagogo. I just grabbed two for sat night (they’re playing Friday too).

first time and I beat Viagogo. That site doesn’t half ham it up with the fake drama!

I mean, you still paid the extortionate booking fees, so you haven't really beat the platform -- in fact the opposite -- just one tout. Enjoy, obv, but y'know

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ah that’s awful. I guess it’s alright us lot knowing to never buy above FV and guffawing at their hyperbole when we’re not who they’re trying to con. They’re definitely the worst of a bad bunch - even in the cheap tickets game they all but eradicate the deficit with ridiculous fees.

Yup, it's the casual folk who don't regularly buy tickets and are non the wiser as to what they're getting themselves involved in that get stung.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:29 AM, suttttttt said:

This might be of interest to a few of you.

Bristol-Psych-Fest-V-poster-A3-724x1024.

Are Pigs playing seven times or is it a band called Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs?

Either way - :D

Got tickets to see Early Doors at Libpool Echo this morning. To the regiment!

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

I mean, you still paid the extortionate booking fees, so you haven't really beat the platform -- in fact the opposite -- just one tout. Enjoy, obv, but y'know

I paid £26 for a £39 which I didn't previously realise was possible (coming in under face value) on Viagogo.

Was just trying to pass on  (what I thought was) a decent deal!

Edited by Homer