Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Grizzly Bear tonight. Haven't listened to the new record in a little while amongst all the other releases - it's a good little record though. Looking forward to this one. Haven't seen them in quite some time.

should be a good gig. I very much hope so seeing as I won't be getting back home until 2am

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Downtown Boys in this neck of the woods in the next fortnight.

https://www.songkick.com/artists/4542163-downtown-boys/calendar

Seriously tempted by this, I've done my quota on gigs I'm happy to go to on my own for the time being though so need to drag someone along. Priests* supporting most the dates as well, saw them earlier in the year and they were great.

*no not me unfortunately, the actually good band

22 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Seriously tempted by this, I've done my quota on gigs I'm happy to go to on my own for the time being though so need to drag someone along. Priests* supporting most the dates as well, saw them earlier in the year and they were great.

*no not me unfortunately, the actually good band

Oh didn't know Priests were supporting. 

Yeah think Ill be doing this on my own.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Grizzly Bear tonight. Haven't listened to the new record in a little while amongst all the other releases - it's a good little record though. Looking forward to this one. Haven't seen them in quite some time.

Was tempted by this but had to divert funds elsewhere (Bon Iver). 

Hope it's a good gig for you! 

I keep coming back to the new one, not blown away by it but there's something there for me to give it repeated listens! 

Edited by nikkic

16 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Original Pirate Material and Grand Don't Come for Free are both seminal albums in my eyes, went a bit off the boil after the opening couple of albums, if I can get tickets I'll be off to one of the Brixton dates.

I'll give them a listen. I never got into the singles at the time so never bothered with the albums - I'll spotify them and see what I think now.

26 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'll give them a listen. I never got into the singles at the time so never bothered with the albums - I'll spotify them and see what I think now.

His lyrics were absolutely fantastic. He was a modern day Shaun Ryder. 

No longer modern unfortunately and it has just made me realise I am approaching being middle aged. Just like myself some of the Streets tunes have not aged well, but the lyrics definitely have. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

His lyrics were absolutely fantastic. He was a modern day Shaun Ryder. 

No longer modern unfortunately and it has just made me realise I am approaching being middle aged. Just like myself some of the Streets tunes have not aged well, but the lyrics definitely have. 

That's one of the reasons he wanted to pack it in. He didn't enjoy singing lyrics he wrote when he was 18.

Id love to see them again though, saw them once at benicassim, I think in there last year of touring and they were phenomenal.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Off to see Shame on Wednesday at the Soup Kitchen, Manchester. Think there's a handful of tickets left, gonna be a corker.

The Rhythm Method support too. I love them, many do not.

THE STREETS! THis is as good a time as any to get a free trial from www.audible.co.uk and listen to The Story Of The Streets, as told by Mike Skinner. It will colour your enjoyment of The Streets. Didn't get into them til near the end, used to despise some of the songs, ha. As a result I hold the last album in high regard. The song The Escapist also means a whole lot to me.

• Like 1