Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

7 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Was alright until @Mouseboy11 turned up and took the piss out of someone for wearing an IDLES shirt and started a scrap. Weird vibes.

A man after my own heart, I'd probably do the same. It's mad how many blokes deal with male pattern baldness by listening to some guys shouting out the early draft of a leftwing political manifesto

Wet Leg last night at the Joiners.

Some good songs, some filler. An utterly pointless cover of Ronan Keating.

Crowd full of people I rarely see at gigs all there to supposedly support IVW when half of them never go to shows. One chap randomly drove 3 hours from Cambridge to Southampton for it.

There was a fight halfway through which livened up the pedestrian mid set plodding. It got good after that. I was really hoping they wouldn't play Chaise Lounge or do it Nirvana style and play it badly just to annoy everyone.

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

A man after my own heart, I'd probably do the same. It's mad how many blokes deal with male pattern baldness by listening to some guys shouting out the early draft of a leftwing political manifesto

On 12/9/2019 at 11:32 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Danny Nedelko fucking went off at Ally Pally. That was the peak of the gig, surprised they didn't end with it

That's great.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, benali said:

Crowd full of people I rarely see at gigs all there to supposedly support IVW when half of them never go to shows. One chap randomly drove 3 hours from Cambridge to Southampton for it.

There was a fight halfway through which livened up the pedestrian mid set plodding. It got good after that. I was really hoping they wouldn't play Chaise Lounge or do it Nirvana style and play it badly just to annoy everyone.

I thought the same when I went to see them. Really liked the first couple of singles but found most of the set itself quite plodding, surprised consequently that they've gone through the roof in popularity.

46 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I thought the same when I went to see them. Really liked the first couple of singles but found most of the set itself quite plodding, surprised consequently that they've gone through the roof in popularity.

They have material for a solid 40 minute set which is fine for a band who haven't released an album and have no EP's. 

Playing an extra 20 minutes on top of that is unnecessary at their stage of evolution but I guess is almost demanded by their popularity.

They seemed slightly baffled by how popular they are. 

49 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I think one of the key things making them popular/ so talked about is the fact its impossible to see them. They are constantly mentioned in my uni house for the sole reason that we can't get tickets for them (and couldn't even get close to their tent at Latitude last year).

2 hours ago, benali said:

This is a very strange review, how long are the sets they have been doing? Bit under an hour?

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think one of the key things making them popular/ so talked about is the fact its impossible to see them. They are constantly mentioned in my uni house for the sole reason that we can't get tickets for them (and couldn't even get close to their tent at Latitude last year).

This is a very strange review, how long are the sets they have been doing? Bit under an hour?

They played an hour last night but had a 5 minute break for the random fight that kicked off!

Just now, dentalplan said:

I remember when Royal Blood first started getting some buzz and people were miffed at the 40 minute sets they were playing. Despite just having an EP to their name.

Likewise I saw Fontaines on their first headline tour where they did the same and one bloke at the end said "is that all they are going to do?"

They'd only released 2 singles and it cost about £7 to get in. Not sure what he was expecting!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, benali said:

Likewise I saw Fontaines on their first headline tour where they did the same and one bloke at the end said "is that all they are going to do?"

They'd only released 2 singles and it cost about £7 to get in. Not sure what he was expecting!

In fairness they could have said 'a televised mind' for 20 mins straight to help bulk the gig out 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I remember when Royal Blood first started getting some buzz and people were miffed at the 40 minute sets they were playing. Despite just having an EP to their name.

I mean all they would need to do is play the same 40 minutes again and people would have the same gig as they perform now. 

Arghhh! BCNR are my favourite band at the moment, this is terrible news. I wonder what's happened, hope he's alright. He sounded a lot more positive on the second album compared to the first, so I don't know what could have happened.

5 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Arghhh! BCNR are my favourite band at the moment, this is terrible news. I wonder what's happened, hope he's alright. He sounded a lot more positive on the second album compared to the first, so I don't know what could have happened.

Read the statement – he's pretty explicit about the fact it's anxiety. Probably the bump up to these much larger rooms with added pressure of a new album was the straw that broke the camel's back. Huge shame.