Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Anyone else getting a bit shakey about the US based acts they are supposed to be seeing in the next few months?

Really hope that TWOD in April and Tool in May goes ahead. Tool going would be gutting as there is no guarantee they will reschedule.

Edited by Matt42

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Anyone else getting a bit shakey about the US based acts they are supposed to be seeing in the next few months?

Really hope that TWOD in April and Tool in May goes ahead. Tool going would be gutting as there is no guarantee they will reschedule.

Tool will defo postpone as an excuse not to fucking tour here.

At least if they do I’ll be able to see Denzel Curry.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if The Flaming Lips in June gets axed. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Big thief have specifically said they've cancelled their European Tour but will crack on with the Uk gigs. Now that we've gotten ride of restrictions, I'm a lot more confident of the gigs

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Big thief have specifically said they've cancelled their European Tour but will crack on with the Uk gigs. Now that we've gotten ride of restrictions, I'm a lot more confident of the gigs

I’m not worried about UK festivals going ahead I’m worried about international acts coming.

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not worried about UK festivals going ahead I’m worried about international acts coming.

Yep.

I'm confident that UK events won't have any further restrictions going forward - but really, that's only about a third of the story for acts based outside Europe.

In that scenario, the tour logistics are likely to be fairly finely balanced - it only takes one country putting restrictions on events, or introducing new travel rules, or for the wrong person in the touring party to test positive before the tour becomes unviable or just more hassle than it's worth.

18 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think Country2country festival in March is a big acid test. If those big Country acts can come over without issue it’ll lead to other American based artists thinking it’s feasible 

6 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

I think Country2country festival in March is a big acid test. If those big Country acts can come over without issue it’ll lead to other American based artists thinking it’s feasible 

I think the problem for US acts isn't coming to the UK but touring Europe. There should be freedom of movement through much of the EU but that isn't the case at the moment as individual countries have imposed their own restrictions. I'm not expecting someone like Diana Ross to cancel (fingers crossed) as she's got quite a few UK dates and, to my knowledge, no EU ones lined up.

Whether it's worth Aerosmith coming over to do 3 UK arenas and Glasto is another thing. Hopefully so but I'm not optimistic.