Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Looks like Doves touring next year. Bolted on for Glasto..?

Screenshot_20200714-212840_Facebook.jpg

Hmm, if they have a Leeds date they could well be the first gig ticket I've bought since lockdown started.

I'm really struggling to get excited about gigs at the moment though due to everything going on. Even things being announced for next year I don't jump at through fear it might not happen. It's a real problem when live music is such a large part of who you are,

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Hmm, if they have a Leeds date they could well be the first gig ticket I've bought since lockdown started.

I'm really struggling to get excited about gigs at the moment though due to everything going on. Even things being announced for next year I don't jump at through fear it might not happen. It's a real problem when live music is such a large part of who you are,

I figure the gigs will happen eventually... and when they do I’ll be there.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surprised Doves didn’t play last year when they were first on the comeback trail.

I caught them supporting Chic at Eden Sessions last year and I thought it was a superb booking however it didn't help them shift tickets at all the place wasn't even half full and no one there looked like they had even heard of Doves it was a really strange atmosphere during their set. 

I've only heard a couple of tunes, but this could be worth a punt given the size of the venues. 

Edit: put them on and realise more than a couple have been on 6 a lot. Think this could be a lot of fun. 

20200715_102313.jpg

Edited by zeppelin

14 hours ago, priest17 said:

Shocking how no one mentioned Manchester's best bar Big Hands in a conversation about pubcrawls and the academy.

I had no idea Big Hands was still around!  Haven't been in since a stude 20 damned years ago

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I've only heard a couple of tunes, but this could be worth a punt given the size of the venues. 

Edit: put them on and realise more than a couple have been on 6 a lot. Think this could be a lot of fun. 

20200715_102313.jpg

Saw them at the Castle and Falcon in brum over a year ago. They hurtled through their set in about 28 minutes and left a room a quarter full (but 100% older men) absolutely screaming for an encore. They're great.

22 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Saw them at the Castle and Falcon in brum over a year ago. They hurtled through their set in about 28 minutes and left a room a quarter full (but 100% older men) absolutely screaming for an encore. They're great.

Gutted there's no Brighton gig (yet)

8 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Just got an email the Big Moon have rescheduled their Glasgow October gig to the 1st of March 2021.

Something to look forward too, hopefully things are back to normal by then. 

Glasgow Garage, 01 March
Newcastle Riverside, 02
Manchester Academy 2, 03
Sheffield Leadmill, 05
Birmingham O2 Academy 2, 06
Clwb Ifor Bach, 07
Brighton Concorde 2, 08
London O2 Forum Kentish Town, 10

5 hours ago, zeppelin said:

20200715_102313.jpg

Had a listen and decided to book tickets for Liverpool! Cheap and should be a fun Saturday night

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

All those drive-in gigs have been cancelled already

I booked Streets, gutted about that. They said due to localised lockdown but people think its sales.

I also booked Libertines at the Newcastle social distance one, bet that will follow. this is never ending, making me doubt Glasto that little bit for the first time.