Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

only 3 stages for 65 bands, those set times are gonna be short

Yeah. They genuinely need to rethink this one. And they will be short but not as short as you think. Rotating stages are a thing so theyll come in handy. But theres zero reason to have to keep this just on 3 stages. The place its at could have 4-5 stages if planned properly. Somebody made an potential schedule, although it wont be this direct clashing all day. Thinga would stagger quite a bit. 

D2237B36-0399-47DA-91D3-8C78F1F795F8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah. They genuinely need to rethink this one. And they will be short but not as short as you think. Rotating stages are a thing so theyll come in handy. But theres zero reason to have to keep this just on 3 stages. The place its at could have 4-5 stages if planned properly. Somebody made an potential schedule, although it wont be this direct clashing all day. Thinga would stagger quite a bit. 

D2237B36-0399-47DA-91D3-8C78F1F795F8.jpeg

This would require bands to start immediately after one another though which there’s very little chance of happening. I’m sure they’ve got a plan but it does seem like this should’ve been a two day event as it seems like a logistical nightmare in their current one day - three stages setup.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This would require bands to start immediately after one another though which there’s very little chance of happening. I’m sure they’ve got a plan but it does seem like this should’ve been a two day event as it seems like a logistical nightmare in their current one day - three stages setup.

Again, rotating stages. Literal stages that turn and have another set up behind them. Like Ive been to quite a few that have done that. The final Warped Tour 25th anniversary dates in 2019 had them and that was with 35 bands across 3 stages.  See video below. Maybe I should say revolving. I mean the Hollywood Bowl has one built into its stage cause it comes in handy.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Again, rotating stages. Literal stages that turn and have another set up behind them. Like Ive been to quite a few that have done that. The final Warped Tour 25th anniversary dates in 2019 had them and that was with 35 bands across 3 stages.  See video below. Maybe I should say revolving.

What a great idea. I'm really not a fan of the side-by-side stage setup, this is much better

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Again, rotating stages. Literal stages that turn and have another set up behind them. Like Ive been to quite a few that have done that. The final Warped Tour 25th anniversary dates in 2019 had them and that was with 35 bands across 3 stages.  See video below. Maybe I should say revolving. I mean the Hollywood Bowl has one built into its stage cause it comes in handy.

Ah I assumed you meant side by side stages with one band off - one band on. Didn’t know this revolving thing existed, but definitely seems like it’d come in handy/absolutely necessary for this kind of setup. 

That being said, the lineup is still just insanely overfilled. If this festival is planning on happening yearly I’ve got no idea who they plan on booking for future years as literally everybody from the scene seems to have been booked for this first edition. 

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Wow - cool idea.  This makes so much more sense than what Reading are currently  doing with the two stages and a stampede between acts.  

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah I assumed you meant side by side stages with one band off - one band on. Didn’t know this revolving thing existed, but definitely seems like it’d come in handy/absolutely necessary for this kind of setup. 

That being said, the lineup is still just insanely overfilled. If this festival is planning on happening yearly I’ve got no idea who they plan on booking for future years as literally everybody from the scene seems to have been booked for this first edition. 

Tbf with Las Vegas they could have the same line-up every year. I'm actually surprised they don't have the same event running the same line-up for a few days in a row. If I was flying in, I'd probably do it twice just so I could see everyone clash free.

Theres literally no way one band ends and another starts immediately after with zero gap even with a rotating stage 😂

All sorts of health and safety and crowd related issues

bands of that level demand a decent sound check or at least a line check as well which cant happen till theyre hooked up to the main PA. Every band’s first song or 2 of their already short set would sound abysmal.

They are going to have to make it 5 stages at least and im guessing they’ve just made an error in the website or announcement

Edited by Memory Man

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Theres literally no way one band ends and another starts immediately after with zero gap even with a rotating stage 😂

Yeah that was my thought. Especially considering it's a promoter that has had H&S issues recently, they'll need to allow minimum 5 and more likely 10 minute gaps between acts in order to allow for some crowd turnover.

Which is crazy given the theoretical schedule above has a lot of acts with only 20 minute sets to start with.

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Wow - cool idea.  This makes so much more sense than what Reading are currently  doing with the two stages and a stampede between acts.  

Its not that bad stampede wise as some would make out, never felt remotely unsafe last year. Its mostly so people stop at bars between acts I think.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

This is how a mate of mine described Wide Awake last year, they booked pretty much the entire scene and now Bicep is headlining a day.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Its not that bad stampede wise as some would make out, never felt remotely unsafe last year. Its mostly so people stop at bars between acts I think.

This is how a mate of mine described Wide Awake last year, they booked pretty much the entire scene and now Bicep is headlining a day.

Plot twist - the clashes are so bad you dont get to see 90% of the people you wanted to, so its just the same line up every year and you get to see all the people you missed last year, next year. 

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

bands of that level demand a decent sound check or at least a line check as well which cant happen till theyre hooked up to the main PA. Every band’s first song or 2 of their already short set would sound abysmal.

They are going to have to make it 5 stages at least and im guessing they’ve just made an error in the website or announcement

Live aid was a rotating stage.