Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah. He being Gerry Cinnamon, the artist in the preceding post, that refers to him standing up against the touts

Yeah, I was referring to the general consensus on here - the  feeling that he may be somebody that someone had made up, cos he was selling out places, but we'd never heard of him.

1 minute ago, Hawros said:

Yeah, I was referring to the general consensus on here - the  feeling that he may be somebody that someone had made up, cos he was selling out places, but we'd never heard of him.

Ah, I see. I thought he was a parody at first, a bit like Kurupt FM or Spinal Tap. Obviously not! 

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

That tour is fecking huge! It's not often you get bands playing shows in such close proximity to one especially one of their size; doing Bournemouth, Southampton and Portsmouth as well as Brum and Leamington seems mental

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

I reckon they understand that their star is waning and their moment is (rapidly) passing them by. I've got a lot of time for 'em, but they're pretty much a one-trick pony and if they're still even a mid-size thing 3 years from now, I'll be really surprised.

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

I reckon they understand that their star is waning and their moment is (rapidly) passing them by. I've got a lot of time for 'em, but they're pretty much a one-trick pony and if they're still even a mid-size thing 3 years from now, I'll be really surprised.

I dunno, they always find a way to mildly surprise me when they release new stuff, really liked today's release. They're good enough live to get people going back for more as well, likable as well which I think helps. People have expected them to drop off since Key Markets came out, they're very much still in it though.

I'm not saying you're wrong by any means, not sure it's as absolute as you make it out though. The way things are going I think bands like Sleaford Mods and IDLES are gonna thrive (that's probably a bigger, different conversation not worth starting on a Friday night ahah.

LIINES are supporting on this tour as well, well worth looking at if you like Sleater Kinney or Savages.

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I dunno, they always find a way to mildly surprise me when they release new stuff, really liked today's release. They're good enough live to get people going back for more as well, likable as well which I think helps. People have expected them to drop off since Key Markets came out, they're very much still in it though.

I'm not saying you're wrong by any means, not sure it's as absolute as you make it out though. The way things are going I think bands like Sleaford Mods and IDLES are gonna thrive (that's probably a bigger, different conversation not worth starting on a Friday night ahah.

LIINES are supporting on this tour as well, well worth looking at if you like Sleater Kinney or Savages.

Yeah, maybe you're right. I dunno. I also don't see them gaining/getting new fans. IDLES seem to be popular across the board, with both the middle aged fuckers, and ver kids. They've got the snowballing momentuum that i don't feel the Mods have.

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, maybe you're right. I dunno. I also don't see them gaining/getting new fans. IDLES seem to be popular across the board, with both the middle aged fuckers, and ver kids. They've got the snowballing momentuum that i don't feel the Mods have.

Yeah IDLES are gonna leave them for dust, I just mean both bands have certain attitudes and ways of dealing with what's going on politically and just in day to day life currently that's captured peoples imaginations. There's a lot of bands trying that at the moment that are failing early on whereas Sleaford seem to be consistent in it and have found their niche.

Who needs new fans anyway, they've got us!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Depends on the  new album I suppose but its very possible yeah. New album is called Eton Alive which is a good start though!

I don't think they'll ever be anything other than mid sized. At best.  

19 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Are they anything like TRAAMS?

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Who needs new fans anyway, they've got us!

Pretty much. They're not gonna get bigger like Idles but people who like them are gonna continue to like them. They'll likely pull back from annual releases and tours eventually but I can't see them going down the sink - it would have happened already if so.

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Will Sleaford Mods gigs sell out quite quickly? Not really sure but they are playing a small local venue so thinking of going but is it gonna be a bun fight to get tickets? 

I wouldn't say so. When acts play often-missed towns, the ticket sales in those places tend to show why they're often missed.