Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Laura Mvula – critically acclaimed, Mercury nominated latest album, lovely little fanbase – came out publicly this morning to say her spring tour just isn't selling, which is the sort of brutal honesty I wish a lot of artists would admit at the moment.

The past month or so's fuckery both here and in Wales/Scotland is going to have huge knock on effects on people committing to tickets, travel, accommodation for gigs (and theatre) right across the next six months or even longer.

Edited by jannybruck

6 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Laura Mvula – critically acclaimed, Mercury nominated latest album, lovely little fanbase – came out publicly this morning to say her spring tour just isn't selling, which is the sort of brutal honesty I wish a lot of artists would admit at the moment.

The past month or so's fuckery both here and in Wales/Scotland is going to have huge knock on effects on people committing to tickets, travel, accommodation for gigs (and theatre) right across the next six months or even longer.

It's difficult to committ I have 4 gigs lined up 2 have been carried over twice since 2020 I still don't know if when things may happen.  For those who have to book accommodation rail etc it's a big commitment to something that may not happen or happen at a time that doesn't suit. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wolf Alice have rescheduled the tour for...February. on their Instagram stories 

Slightly surprised given I was expecting this to be rescheduled after the summer festivals, around the time of their mainland EU dates which I think they said in the same update are likely gonna be in November.

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not surprising though- but also they're nowhere near Wembley sized anymore. Haven't even sold out Liverpool Uni

Or Aylesbury Waterside Theatre, which is a show deferred from their album promo shows last autumn anyway.

Tempted to go tbf. Not least as I also like Black Honey, who are support.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Or Aylesbury Waterside Theatre, which is a show deferred from their album promo shows last autumn anyway.

Tempted to go tbf. Not least as I also like Black Honey, who are support.

I quite like The Vaccines, Combat Sports was a great album. They’re a band I probably wouldn’t pay to see these days but would happily watch at a festival.

I also thought they smashed the notoriously difficult Other Stage opener slot last time out.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I quite like The Vaccines, Combat Sports was a great album. They’re a band I probably wouldn’t pay to see these days but would happily watch at a festival.

I also thought they smashed the notoriously difficult Other Stage opener slot last time out.

I will watch them again at festivals and also loved Combat Sports. Really don't like the new album though! 

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Their new one is fantastic i think, very consistent across the album rather than some big hits and then rubbish

6 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Got shafted by the queue system. Will have to try again tomoz. Assume you got let in dead on 10?

Good luck for tomorrow. Laptop and phone ready at 10, constant refreshes as soon as I entered the queue. Managed to get in within 45 seconds or so.