Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

35 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, it's probably the update they were waiting for

Drakefords own health advisors are beginning to say its pointless, but Drakeford clearly doubling down and turning it into a political pissing contest with Boris. Bands should just play Bristol going forwards

Would be tempted to use Twickets for one of the Manchester ones if it was at any other venue as i just fancy a gig of any kind! Victoria warehouse isn't great for making my last train back! 

Might do Cast next week in Liverpool as a poor replacement for Wolf Alice...

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 1/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, Fishman said:

As I've just said on the Wolf Alice ticket thread ... they've postponed also.

Yup. They postponed while Frank Turner outright cancelled.

So that's the first two gigs I had booked for 2022 in the bin then. Wonder which will be the first of the ones I currently have booked that actually goes ahead on the intended date.

33 minutes ago, charlierc said:

So that's the first two gigs I had booked for 2022 in the bin then. Wonder which will be the first of the ones I currently have booked that actually goes ahead on the intended date.

What do u have coming up?

46 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Frank Turner cancelling instead of postponing was frustrating. Means I lost £3.45 in ticket fees. Think he was trying to do the moral thing as he said he didn't want to hold on to peoples money with Christmas coming up, but personally I would rather have something to look forward to than having paid money for nothing

2 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Frank Turner cancelling instead of postponing was frustrating. Means I lost £3.45 in ticket fees. Think he was trying to do the moral thing as he said he didn't want to hold on to peoples money with Christmas coming up, but personally I would rather have something to look forward to than having paid money for nothing

Wasn't it end of Feb as well? Probably would have been fine...

8 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

I was meant to see him at end of January in Glasgow where gigs are currently banned so was unlikely it would have went ahead.

I think bands would have had to just tour England for a bit. Scotland and Wales will clearly throw their live music sector under rhe bus with restrictions at the slightest hint of cases rising

Edited by zahidf

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

I think bands would have had to just tour England for a bit. Scotland and Wales will clearly throw their live music sector under rhe bus with restrictions at the slightest hint of cases rising

Wonder how that effects the economics of doing a tour. And also wonder what will be left at the end of this. I know that Debenhams just permanently closed all their Scotland stores because we'd been slower to open up

10 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Wonder how that effects the economics of doing a tour. And also wonder what will be left at the end of this. I know that Debenhams just permanently closed all their Scotland stores because we'd been slower to open up

Ours closed months ago … Debenhams was closing anyway 

I think Royal Blood should be ok (if we are thinking restrictions being in). Obviously always the risk of the band catching covid! I think the bands who cancelled/postponed their Jan/Feb tours are regretting it now omicron is proven milder and March tours will crack on to a greater extent.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I think Royal Blood should be ok (if we are thinking restrictions being in). Obviously always the risk of the band catching covid! I think the bands who cancelled/postponed their Jan/Feb tours are regretting it now omicron is proven milder and March tours will crack on to a greater extent.

Chvrches I guess depends on how easy it is for them to get here, given at least 2 members live in the USA. Royal Blood I think is likelier, though I imagine mainland European dates that are due to precede the UK shows might be more difficult. Wolf Alice I think it was too soon for, given it was meant to start on Friday night (I think?).

Though yes, band getting covid is still a moving target of an issue.

15 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

It was meant to start next week with Ipswich and Cambridge shows I think? I guess pre-Christmas the Omicron variant looked like being a potentially massive issue and in that moment, it's a judgement call as to how confident people running these things were.

Losing £3.45 I guess is the principle, but yeah, that thing can be irritating if there's the odd nature of it not being included in the refund. But then there can be as annoying ways to miss out. The weekend before we went into lockdown I was meant to be seeing him at an acoustic show in Aylesbury, but was unwell so couldn't go and therefore had basically paid £35 (or whatever it was) to not go.

45 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Chvrches I guess depends on how easy it is for them to get here, given at least 2 members live in the USA. Royal Blood I think is likelier, though I imagine mainland European dates that are due to precede the UK shows might be more difficult. Wolf Alice I think it was too soon for, given it was meant to start on Friday night (I think?).

Though yes, band getting covid is still a moving target of an issue.

If isolation period comes down to 5 days at some point that'll help tours hugely, and March/April time sounds about right considering now/into Feb is probably the worst time. Any kind of test to release situation would make it even better. Doesn't need to fully go away for these things, it just needs the bands to feel comfortable 

For example Chvrches I'd be surprised if they do it in March - they didnt do states with no rules on their US tour from looking at some Instagram comments the other week, so I'd be surprised if double jabbed only and self administered test, or even no rules at all, is good enough for them