Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

30 minutes ago, jump said:

I've seen loads of people just start accusing bands of cancelling because shows to low tix sales rather than it being genuinely covid concern related. It reminds of when people on here start saying a band's tour is selling badly because it's not sold out even though not sold out can be anything between 0-99.9% of the tickets sold and it always comes off to me a lazy speculation.

I mean, it's definitely a thing right now and it doesn't necessarily reflect on the popularity of the band. My partner works in the West End and theatre – some big shows, too – simply haven't recovered since the summer boom, they're basically giving tickets away some nights to get bums on seats. People simply aren't committing to stuff at the moment like they used to.

The Smile (Thom and Jonny's new side project with Tom Skinner) are to play 3 seated shows in the round in 24 hours at Magazine London at the end of this month. Also being live streamed.

https://dreamstage.live/show/the-smile-series

First single, You'll Never Work In Television Again, supposedly dropping at 4pm today.

Edited by Hutchmaster

3 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

The Smile (Thom and Jonny's new side project with Tom Skinner) are to play 3 seated shows in the round in 24 hours at Magazine London at the end of this month. Also being live streamed.

https://dreamstage.live/show/the-smile-series

First single, You'll Never Work In Television Again, supposedly dropping at 4pm today.

Any news on how to buy a ticker to see it live?

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Any news on how to buy a ticker to see it live?

Doesn't seem to be any info on that yet it seems, I imagine if YNWITA is dropped at 4pm there may be more info there. 

Edit: Bit of digging suggests a very limited number of tickets go on sale 9am Friday on Dice.

Edited by Hutchmaster

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

"Officially announced" suggests something was in the pipeline.

There definitely was. Looking at the Bruce forums people managed to source virtually all of the dates. He was playing Werchter boutique, mad cool, the site where PinkPop takes place etc.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

"Officially announced" suggests something was in the pipeline.

As Matt says, a few dates had been pinned down elsewhere. There was also a poster spotting in Frankfurt pre-Christmas (similar design to the original Eventim notification), just as the postponement rumours started gathering speed. 

20220106_144017.jpg

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

An update from IDLES re the upcoming tour

Screenshot_20220106-135219.thumb.png.4cba1b68515108a645358b8fda872c9b.png

Good to see some bands going ahead as the cancellations are starting to get a bit annoying. The Wombats another who are cracking on, I think if they’re allowed to go ahead then they should be going ahead.