Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sam Fender's Finsbury Park show to talk about as well. Big gig for the lad - would be interesting to see if he sells it out quicker than George Ezra does his.

I doubt either will sell out fast honestly. Whats interesting is this Sam Fender one is basically a re-booted community festival but not advertised as Community.

18 hours ago, sedra said:

Think we may need a “gigs cancelled thread” 🙁🙄

Frank Turner Jan/Feb tour today cancelled outright- 🙁and livestreaming again tomorrow 

IDLES news coming soon too no doubt

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

I asked my daughter if she was going to Reading next year.

"Oh god, no way, I'm way too old for that now." She'll be 19.

I'm 20 and a lot of my mates were like that for this year's - had a good time though. You really do feel old though

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

I doubt either will sell out fast honestly. Whats interesting is this Sam Fender one is basically a re-booted community festival but not advertised as Community.

Sam's sold a decent amount of arena tickets so I'm not sure how much extra demand there is for an additional outdoor show just now, particularly as he's also doing the rounds at festivals next year. It'll do alright but I'd be surprised if it ended up selling out completely.

in the bleak absence of eF that was the past six weeks, i grabbed tickets for Olivia Rodrigo, Porter Robinson (on my birthday), Genesis Owusu and Jungle

my Jan gigs include GY!BE, Idles, Wolf Alice and Caribou. hoping they are all given the go-ahead (if safe to do so, naturally). a third reschedule for the latter would certainly be impressive

Had 4 gigs in January planned two of which have now been postponed or cancelled which I’m not sure I agree with but that’s another conversation. Funeral for a Friend in Bristol postponed but I can’t go to a new date due to a wedding and Frank Carter cancelled both his Brixton shows, makes me wonder about ticket sales for Frank Carter tbh. Still got Neck Deep and Wolf Alice pencilled in, for now… 

On 12/20/2021 at 7:46 PM, Karlos12345 said:

We‘ve been shut down in the middle of some fun teasers from Jack White with tour venues. This is what he‘s been hiding:

264948831_464534848371955_49865180690737

Only two shows in London, but some interesting new places in mainland Europe.

I‘m pumped!

Absolutely has to be on, shame those London shows are going to be far too hard for me to make.

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Is anyone holding off from committing to any more gigs and festivals because of the current uncertainty?

yes. i was going to book more jan / feb gigs but holding fire for now. Not becuase of me worrying about in a crowd but just becuase of teh faff of moving dates when they inevitably get cancelled. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Absolutely has to be on, shame those London shows are going to be far too hard for me to make.

Same as. Never seen The White Stripes or Jack White and I’d love too but wouldn’t be able to make it after work and can’t book anymore time off work for his London dates, shame there’s no Saturday. 

23 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

yes. i was going to book more jan / feb gigs but holding fire for now. Not becuase of me worrying about in a crowd but just becuase of teh faff of moving dates when they inevitably get cancelled. 

Yeah, I'm the same. I've got 3 or 4 gigs lined up in January/February which may or may not happen but beyond that I don't think I'm going to commit to anything new before June

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

Same as. Never seen The White Stripes or Jack White and I’d love too but wouldn’t be able to make it after work and can’t book anymore time off work for his London dates, shame there’s no Saturday. 

I was even looking at a euro date but with things slipping back into restrictions I'm not sure if I should bother. Plus flights were crazy expensive when I looked.

28 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I was even looking at a euro date but with things slipping back into restrictions I'm not sure if I should bother. Plus flights were crazy expensive when I looked.

Yeah I did the same but those dates aren’t great either. Brussels is probably doable with the Eurostar though, reckon it’s worth waiting until we know what’s going on (probably mid Jan/Feb) sort of time before committing to European shows but it should be fine/save given it’s the summer but maybe I’m too hopeful for common sense to prevail. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Is anyone holding off from committing to any more gigs and festivals because of the current uncertainty?

Yes, for gigs. Festivals I've got 3 now so I definitely don't want any more in 2022. Bearded Theory, Glastonbury, WOMAD.

Gigs I've found recently with all the hassle of daily life - I'm enjoying them less than I'd expect. I'm not concerned to be in such environments, just my optimism to keep going has taken such a battering I'm exhausted! Most of what I've got coming up are on the endless cycle of postponements and rescheduling. Only really new one is Wet Leg.

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

With those dates he is surely a good chance for The Farm.

Hasn't released anything for a while but apparently has an album coming out in 2022.

Which slot would he play if he did come? Friday Other subbing QOTSA too high?

Edited by BlackZeppelin

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, for gigs. Festivals I've got 3 now so I definitely don't want any more in 2022. Bearded Theory, Glastonbury, WOMAD.

Gigs I've found recently with all the hassle of daily life - I'm enjoying them less than I'd expect. I'm not concerned to be in such environments, just my optimism to keep going has taken such a battering I'm exhausted! Most of what I've got coming up are on the endless cycle of postponements and rescheduling. Only really new one is Wet Leg.

For me, there are two main reasons. 1) the majority of my gigs are at the weekend. Almost every rescheduled gig has been moved to a weekday, which makes it more difficult for travel, requires time off, etc, and 2) if the ticket companies paid me as quickly as I pay them, that would be nice. I guess there's a third, and that's the loss of booking/handling/processing fees, etc, when events are cancelled, which are significant through certain outlets (I'm looking at you, Ticketmaster)

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Booked to see Moses in Liverpool in Feb the other day. Only £8 a ticket and no booking fee so not the biggest gamble.

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

With those dates he is surely a good chance for The Farm.

Hasn't released anything for a while but apparently has an album coming out in 2022.

Which slot would he play if he did come? Friday Other subbing QOTSA too high?

He has two albums coming out in 22. April and July.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yup. It's a shame coz just a few weeks ago I was writing potential gigs down on my calendar so I could choose who to see, but now I'm having to hold off on booking anything in case it gets cancelled. I've got Godspeed You! Black Emperor on the 19th but I can't see that happening. Also meant to be seeing Caribou with some efestivalers too, but again thats looking more and more unlikely. I thought the time of cancellations was over 😞

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah I did the same but those dates aren’t great either. Brussels is probably doable with the Eurostar though, reckon it’s worth waiting until we know what’s going on (probably mid Jan/Feb) sort of time before committing to European shows but it should be fine/save given it’s the summer but maybe I’m too hopeful for common sense to prevail. 

Normally I'd just wait for a later UK tour as he often stops by London early on then comes back autumn/winter but I did that with Raconteurs last tour and they never did it, only played a few shows over here.

• 2 weeks later...