Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

19 hours ago, henry bear said:

Imagine how soul destroying it must be for those in the top tiers of the O2 watching a little green spot hundreds of feet away that you assume is Kermit the Frog because of the voice. 

I mean, these kinds of shows are designed with that audience in mind. I'm assuming it'll be a whole 'theatrical spectacle' thing rather than just sticking the puppets on stage. 

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

I mean, these kinds of shows are designed with that audience in mind. I'm assuming it'll be a whole 'theatrical spectacle' thing rather than just sticking the puppets on stage. 

Even so, £75 a pop for something aimed at kids! Hope they have some seriously special guests for that. 

I only wanted to see animal.....I mean my kids only wanted to see animal :ph34r:

I've picked up tickets for the stones Twickenham show today, but looks like we'll be heading back to Derby that night. What's Twickenham like for getting out after the show? And can anyone recommend places to park - happy to work a mile or two in. Normally for the Olympic stadium we park on the outskirts but tube in, doesn't look so easy here though! Thanks! 

9 hours ago, Matt4324 said:

I've picked up tickets for the stones Twickenham show today, but looks like we'll be heading back to Derby that night. What's Twickenham like for getting out after the show? And can anyone recommend places to park - happy to work a mile or two in. Normally for the Olympic stadium we park on the outskirts but tube in, doesn't look so easy here though! Thanks! 

Can' help in afraid but after doing the rugby there a few times, public transport is shocking.

On 3/1/2018 at 1:30 AM, John the Moth said:

Limited interest for you guys given the location I guess, but I’m going here on Saturday...

Decent  line up for me, quite a few I’ve not seen before.

859260E7-50F7-4411-9C93-0B0E92B05FD4.jpeg

Avalanches into Justice into Beck seems a top night and no mistaking!!

I wish Beck would announce a northern UK date.  I'm fuming that he's only doing two down south and Belfast. Suppose I could get to the Belfast gig but looking at his setlists down under, his own gigs setlists are far bigger/superior!

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

arroyo-seco-weekend-2018.jpg

Nowhere round here but Neil Young back on the road at Oldchella Jr. That Saturday is some Rick Rawse bawse shiet.

Best lineup my ageing eyes have seen this year, pity it's so far away.

At the same time, an event I could walk to has released their first line up and I've not heard of ANYONE on the bill. It's to be held at Prenton Park so presuming these must be a reasonable size, last year's equivalent was Little Mix for the youngsters, Libertines, Madness & Jeremy Corbyn on the other days for the oldies. 

MW_LINEUP_PHASE_ONE.png?format=1500w

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

At the same time, an event I could walk to has released their first line up and I've not heard of ANYONE on the bill. It's to be held at Prenton Park so presuming these must be a reasonable size, last year's equivalent was Little Mix for the youngsters, Libertines, Madness & Jeremy Corbyn on the other days for the oldies. 

Nope... I got nothing.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Depends what you're into, there are a few pretty good/popular rap artists on there. JME obviously being the most senior of the bunch. But with Charlie Sloth (1Xtra DJ), Sneakbo (Charging 100 quid a ticket at Village Underground), Yungen & Yxng Bane and Lotto Boyzz getting lots of radio play, it will relatively well.

Think of it as a streamlined Parklife audience.

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

that's a really nice looking line-up poster, tempted to go just because of the poster.

The Decemberists have announced UK dates for November.  Pre-sale is via Rough Trade, otherwise on sale 9 March.

4 Nov Vicar Street Dublin, IE On-Sale 9 March
5 Nov O2 Academy Glasgow, UK Pre-Sale 7 March
7 Nov Eventim Apollo London, UK Pre-Sale 7 March
8 Nov O2 Academy Bristol, UK Pre-Sale 7 March
10 Nov O2 Academy Leeds, UK Pre-Sale 7 March
11 Nov Rock City Nottingham, UK Pre-Sale 7 March
12 Nov Albert Hall Manchester, UK Pre-Sale 7 March

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, fantomas said:

The Decemberists have announced UK dates for November.  Pre-sale is via Rough Trade, otherwise on sale 9 March.

Novemberists?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Shall we all do our Adenuga rankings?

JME > Julie >>>>>> Skepta

Don't mind Skepta that much tbh, he's alright and his Pyramid set was massive, but he just seems like a bit of a bellend and is prone to making naff tracks. JME and Julie both sound af and vegans, very strong game from both of them.

1 hour ago, fantomas said:

Yes! Can't remember when they last toured the UK.