Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone heard anything about AC/DC revving into gear for next year?

Fuck knows to be honest. Angus Young has said he's keen but the bassist has retired from touring, Brian Johnson was kicked out once for not being able to tour due to his hearing and Axel has Guns n Roses booked up for a while. It may just be Angus if they do tour again.

15 minutes ago, jump said:

Fuck knows to be honest. Angus Young has said he's keen but the bassist has retired from touring, Brian Johnson was kicked out once for not being able to tour due to his hearing and Axel has Guns n Roses booked up for a while. It may just be Angus if they do tour again.

Johnson rejoined nearly 3 years ago

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Johnson rejoined nearly 3 years ago

Yep but the issue of why he was kicked out which was not being able to tour due to his hearing still exists. The line up now seems centred around recording rather than touring as the bassist rejoined despite retiring due to not wanting to tour anymore.

8 minutes ago, jump said:

Yep but the issue of why he was kicked out which was not being able to tour due to his hearing still exists. The line up now seems centred around recording rather than touring as the bassist rejoined despite retiring due to not wanting to tour anymore.

There is zero chance AC/DC are not planning on touring. They just record new albums as an excuse to tour. It would be funny to see them be like the Beatles and start making more and more experimental music instead of touring

9 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

There is zero chance AC/DC are not planning on touring. They just record new albums as an excuse to tour. It would be funny to see them be like the Beatles and start making more and more experimental music instead of touring

I would agree but the last tour was apparently hellish for them and they aren't in the best of health anymore. My money would be on a tour with limited dates or a drastically different line up from the one who did the last album.

31 minutes ago, jump said:

Brian's had treatment to overcome the hearing loss. He's popped up with Muse and Foo Fighters since.

19 minutes ago, jump said:

I would agree but the last tour was apparently hellish for them and they aren't in the best of health anymore. My money would be on a tour with limited dates or a drastically different line up from the one who did the last album.

I wouldn't be surprised if their tours are smaller than before but they will be touring. I'd love them to play Glastonbury before they pack it in entirely 

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I wouldn't be surprised if their tours are smaller than before but they will be touring. I'd love them to play Glastonbury before they pack it in entirely 

They are never playing Glasto, it was a small miracle they played Download that year.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They insist on their own stage and soundsystem from what I gather. Download had them on their own stage that Time!

Plus they had all the other stages to be closed when they were playing. 

But really it comes down to Glasto and AC/DC aren't a good match.

2 minutes ago, jump said:

But really it comes down to Glasto and AC/DC aren't a good match.

I think the variety of genres represented across 100 stages clearly demonstrates there are very few acts that 'aren't a good match' to be fair.

You have reasonable points to suggest why AC/DC may not ever be seen in those hallowed fields.....but this isn't one of them.

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I think the variety of genres represented across 100 stages clearly demonstrates there are very few acts that 'aren't a good match' to be fair.

You have reasonable points to suggest why AC/DC may not ever be seen in those hallowed fields.....but this isn't one of them.

10 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

but ZZ top and Aerosmith are?

If Napalm Death can play Glastonbury anyone can

I was thinking more of the money needed for them and they are not on the list of headliners Glasto typically goes after and like fuck would they agree to do a tea time slot.

Edited by jump

6 minutes ago, jump said:

I was thinking more of the money needed for them and they are not on the list of headliners Glasto typically goes after and like fuck would they agree to do a tea time slot.

There have been other acts we thought would never play due to the money but do.

Of course AC/DC should headline 

3 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

There have been other acts we thought would never play due to the money but do.

Of course AC/DC should headline 

There's normally an element of courting or tick it off the list/status for doing Glasto in those situations which doesn't really apply here. Maybe to prove people they aren't completely fucked up from their last tour but I doubt it to be honest.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

I’m not sure, so many of the popular rock bands of a similar era have either never played or not at the level their popularity might warrant: AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Genesis, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Bon Jovi, Rush, The Police, Queen, Guns n Roses, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Thin Lizzy, RHCP, etc.

I’m not advocating that all these bands should have played, plenty I’m not bothered about, but I’ve always thought there is a bit of a bias against this type of music.

1 hour ago, jump said:

There's normally an element of courting or tick it off the list/status for doing Glasto in those situations which doesn't really apply here. Maybe to prove people they aren't completely fucked up from their last tour but I doubt it to be honest.

How do we know it doesn't apply here? Nobody would have guessed Glastonbury was on Aerosmith's tick off list and they're not even doing it as a headliner. Metallica were willing to play Other Stage just to appear at the festival. For all we know AC/DC might see it as something they want to get round to eventually. 

10 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

How do we know it doesn't apply here? Nobody would have guessed Glastonbury was on Aerosmith's tick off list and they're not even doing it as a headliner. Metallica were willing to play Other Stage just to appear at the festival. For all we know AC/DC might see it as something they want to get round to eventually. 

Just my thoughts but AC/DC have never really chased relevancy the same way Aerosmith and Metallica have. Like Aerosmith clocked onto themselves as being dinosaurs back in the 80s which resulted in that song with Run DMC and there’s only so many fake out farewells tours they can do now to get people talking.