Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 10/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, Dales said:

With them being at Boardmasters, they may well play other festivals next year so may well turn up at someplace you are going to anyway. I do hate booking gigs a year in advance especially with so much being announced for next year. 

This is my problem with booking stuff- I got Coldplay because I know I'll definitely want to go to that, and likely will with Springsteen, but the more "standard" stuff I really need to wait for

All depends on Glastonbury resale for me. If I get tickets for that and all is well with going to Spain for Mad Cool I'd happily leave it there (and shift my carried over Y Not ones) but if one or both of those is a no go for whatever reason then it opens up plenty of other options

Edited by efcfanwirral

19 minutes ago, jump said:

Twickenham, Emirates, London Stadium, White Heart Lane or whatever it’s called now, British Summer Time and probably more I’ve forgotten.

I was wondering if any of those had also come close to a theoretical limit. I thought I saw it mentioned in another thread that BST Hyde Park was coming up against a limit.

13 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I was wondering if any of those had also come close to a theoretical limit. I thought I saw it mentioned in another thread that BST Hyde Park was coming up against a limit.

Hyde Park has one big gig left. My reckoning it’s Metallica at British Summer Time but I’m probably wrong.

Also I forgot Finsbury Park from the earlier list.

12 minutes ago, jump said:

Hyde Park has one big gig left. My reckoning it’s Metallica at British Summer Time but I’m probably wrong.

Yeah and I presume Springsteen would want a big crowd so might be a non-starter if a big name like Metallica also has in for BST (assuming they've booked it and not any other artist). I'd have thought London Stadium with 5 gigs might be at or close to an upper limit.

Don't think Twickenham has anything on for 2022 yet so could well be he's doing there. Even if that's a bit more of a faff to get to than any of the other options.

Edited by charlierc

7 minutes ago, jump said:

Hyde Park is more complicated than that.

I posted their conditions on the BST thread - basically they've got a tiered limit system so exactly what they've got left depends on what capacity each of the 7 currently announced BST gigs are being sold at. But in terms of the 3 BST weekends, they're full due to a limit of 7 big gigs in a rolling 21 day window (unless one of the BST gigs is being sold at under 20k which seems unlikely). Outside of that window they can still add 2 more gigs - based on past years it's likely that they'll be the Proms In The Park and BBC R2 gigs in early September.

image.png.62fdb4576ef0ce02beeca04ed3b8a0f5.png

6 minutes ago, incident said:

I posted their conditions on the BST thread - basically they've got a tiered limit system so exactly what they've got left depends on what capacity each of the 7 currently announced BST gigs are being sold at. But in terms of the 3 BST weekends, they're full due to a limit of 7 big gigs in a rolling 21 day window (unless one of the BST gigs is being sold at under 20k which seems unlikely). Outside of that window they can still add 2 more gigs - based on past years it's likely that they'll be the Proms In The Park and BBC R2 gigs in early September.

So the implication presumably then is that what we have now is it for 2021 from Hyde Park?

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

So the implication presumably then is that what we have now is it for 2021 from Hyde Park?

Dunno, I wouldn't be confident enough to say that.

The question marks are going to be whether the 2 BBC gigs take place in September (which if not could free up a 4th weekend for BST), and whether any of the currently announced gigs are being sold at 19,999 tickets and so don't count towards the main limits (seems unlikely, but maybe at a stretch the Duran Duran show could be?)

1 hour ago, incident said:

image.png.62fdb4576ef0ce02beeca04ed3b8a0f5.png

Nothing some extra money wont cure. Adele gets more dates or Elton gets his second.

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Nothing some extra money wont cure. Adele gets more dates or Elton gets his second.

Certainly possible. But my best guess is that the clock runs out on getting those extra dates.

Looking at it, an application for an amended licence has now actually gone in - and the most obvious proposed change is that it does remove the "7 in 21 days" limit. However, given that it's only been submitted recently and is currently still open for public comment/objection, even if it's basically "waved through" they won't get a decision on it until January 2022 at the absolute earliest. It wouldn't be a surprise if it took much (3+ months) longer.

The licencing process can be slow here especially if the wrong (right?) people raise an objection - which is a definite possibility here as the park borders some of the most expensive property in London. Historically the residents have kicked up a fuss at any proposed changes they deem negative and may well do so again for this. They have the influence and money to delay a decision well into next year if they choose to do so.

18 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

Eagles just announced for BST Glastonbury weekend with Little Big Town, Alison Krauss and Robert Plant.

I'll not hold out hope for the Eagles but I'd absolutely love LBT in a late afternoon slot! 

Little Big Town is their main support for the entire run of UK dates so theyre in Dublin on the 24th other than BST for the weekend. Not expecting them to do 3 dates in a row like that.