Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

58 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I haven't really listened to the new album so I've not been that enthusiastic about trying for this tour yet, but still plenty of time to consider options.

With them being at Boardmasters, they may well play other festivals next year so may well turn up at someplace you are going to anyway. I do hate booking gigs a year in advance especially with so much being announced for next year. 

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I've seen them live twice and the outdoor version was better. But that's circumstance. The MK Bowl show I went to in 2014 had a lot going for it, both in KoL's set and the general weather, while although I did like the show structure of their 2017 date, the crowd was full of arseholes. I'm kinda also bemused by Kings of Leon's insistence of filling their sets with a lot of Come Around Sundown material when it's probably their weakest album of the ones I've heard.

I haven't really listened to the new album so I've not been that enthusiastic about trying for this tour yet, but still plenty of time to consider options.

I really really like the new album. It surprised me a lot 

1 hour ago, Dales said:

With them being at Boardmasters, they may well play other festivals next year so may well turn up at someplace you are going to anyway. I do hate booking gigs a year in advance especially with so much being announced for next year. 

One of the things I'd like to do is Mad Cool and I know they're there. Plus I know there's already a few arena dates planned for June and July.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I really really like the new album. It surprised me a lot 

I've heard 3/4 songs. The Bandit and the title song are pretty good. Didn't really care for Echoing, and the rest were kinda OK without grabbing my attention. But I may be justified in giving it a re-listen.

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

One of the things I'd like to do is Mad Cool and I know they're there. Plus I know there's already a few arena dates planned for June and July.

I've heard 3/4 songs. The Bandit and the title song are pretty good. Didn't really care for Echoing, and the rest were kinda OK without grabbing my attention. But I may be justified in giving it a re-listen.

Was one of those slow burners for me where it didn't grip me at first but I found myself listening to it a lot and ended up loving it. 

And Mad Cool is a ridiculous lineup, I think I'll be there all being well, especially with two friends living in Spain who want to go 

Edited by efcfanwirral

18 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

More like Caribooo amirite

He didn’t actually play the song, but you see this never ending drum intro they do here? He came on for the encore and sat there with both him and his drummer playing it for ages before they started Can’t Do Without You. I stood there thinking “Is this bloke doing the Razorlight Reading 2007 never ending In the Morning drum intro?” and thought I was going mad, until the person next to me said to me “It sounds like In the Morning by Razorlight”.

Anyway, I’d love Glastonbury to book Razorlight in some slot where there’s no one else to see so I could watch them for a laugh and presumably it be terrible.

9 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Caribou just played In the Morning by Razorlight at WHP. Ban him from headlining the Park.

Well, damn sorry if Johnny Borrell rubbed you the wrong way but he's a genius, musically, culturally, everything, maybe you should be the one banned from the park

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Groove Armada have added a new 18+ date at Brixton.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty annoyed about this as I'd have travelled down for that had I not already bought tickets to Leeds & Manchester.

Also imagine a few people bought tickets for the Saturday thinking that would be the last ever live show....