Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Would have lapped this up when I was at School!  Was super into The Skints, Random Hand, JB Conspiracy and A Whilhelm Scream back in the day! 

Love Jeff Rosenstock still.  Melt Banana would also be very cool to see! 

Skints are still great, saw them again over the summer.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:01 PM, Suprefan said:

I think its funny everyone is complaining about big bands having not the “right” support acts for some reason. The point is to expose you do other artists, especially ones who might take influence from them. Considering the music styles of the  Chili peppers, having Paak and Thundercat as support is  exactly who should be with them. You only like how Keidis “raps” or how Flea plays his bass but its bothersome to hear somebody else thats not them do it in a more pure form? 🤔

I'm not opposed to the concept, more that I got briefly excited from seeing an announcement that The Strokes were touring with RHCP, thinking that meant London and that I was up for the idea of such a double bill and felt I would be less uneasy with such a ticket price if that's what we were getting, only to realise it was for US shows and we were getting somebody I'd not really heard of. But judging from reviews, he'd be a decent fit for such a support slot. Will need to go for a listen.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is there really that much clamour to hear Step On My Old Size 9’s?

Certainly not from me.

I reckon it's comfortably the worst album they've made. Such dull shite most of the way.

And it's not the easier sound of it either. The follow up is excellent IMO and didn't need to be overly rocky to be any good either.

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Bob Vylan is supporting Biffy Clyro on their Fingers Crossed tour which starts the end of this week.

Bob Vylan is blowing up as they are supporting The Offspring on their UK tour too. It wasn't that long ago you could see them in the back of a pub for free.

55 minutes ago, sisco said:

Any good? Can’t wait till Kentish Town 

They are great live, I'd rather see Bob live than Biffy to be honest.

I've only ever gone to their sweaty shithole venue gigs which suits them perfectly rather than a big venue so I'm not sure how they would translate to a bigger stage. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Adele at Hyde Park July 1 and 2

https://www.adele.com/HydePark/

Dammit, got Foo Fighters on 30th June and GnR (rolled over from 2020) on the 2nd July. I'm already pushing my luck with that as it is having small children, can't just book things and go like I used to.

Any reason to believe she will be doing any other live shows next year? 

14 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

The Wannadies 2022 UK tour!

Newcastle 20/10

Sheffield 22/10

Hull 23/10

Manchester 25/10

Leeds 26/10 

Birmingham 28/10

Bristol 30/10

Portsmouth 31/10

Brighton 1/11

London 3/11

I just finished Louise Wener's book. They've got a few peculiar habits.

In other news: only just heard AJ Tracey cancelled his arena tour. They're blaming the coronavirus, but the tickets went on sale late April 2021 for November, and it was cancelled in August. Anyone know what sales were like?

54 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

The Wannadies 2022 UK tour!

Newcastle 20/10

Sheffield 22/10

Hull 23/10

Manchester 25/10

Leeds 26/10 

Birmingham 28/10

Bristol 30/10

Portsmouth 31/10

Brighton 1/11

London 3/11

The Wannadies, the Swedish 90’s icons confirm headline UK & Ireland tour for 2022,

Dublin The Academy, 16 Oct
Glasgow Oran Mor, 18
Edinburgh Summerhall, 19
Newcastle Northumbria Uni, 20
Sheffield The Leadmill, 22
Hull The Welly Club, 23
Manchester Gorilla, 25
Leeds The Wardrobe, 26
Birmingham O2 Institute 2, 28
Bristol SWX, 30
Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms, 31
Brighton Concorde 2, 01 Nov
London Roundhouse, 03

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Bob Vylan is supporting Biffy Clyro on their Fingers Crossed tour which starts the end of this week.

That really amuses me as when Biffy Clyro played a secret set at the park the woman in front of me was convinced it was going to be Bob Dylan. It's something that always stuck with me. I like Biffy Clyro, but how disappointed would you be if you were expecting Bob Dylan and got Biffy Clyro.

37 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

That really amuses me as when Biffy Clyro played a secret set at the park the woman in front of me was convinced it was going to be Bob Dylan. It's something that always stuck with me. I like Biffy Clyro, but how disappointed would you be if you were expecting Bob Dylan and got Biffy Clyro.

Given how bad Bob Dylan is live she'd wish it was Biffy instead.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sheeran's last Wembley date is 1st July too.

The nation's Mums will be descending on the capital en masse. This is gonna be worse than the Euro 2020 final.

Thank God I decided to book a place on a bus that takes me directly to and from the Guns'n'Roses gig. The trains and tube will be a nightmare! 😄 

Oh well, going to have to give Adele a miss as I have KOL on the 1st & GNR on the 2nd and if they add the 3rd, I am off to Madrid for Madcool.

It's a shame as BST would be a good  place to see her as they usually have a good supporting lineup across a few stages and so beats seeing her in a stadium gig.