Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

15 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Imagine complaining about getting to see the absolute king that is Anderson .Paak

What if people just aren't really fussed with rappers as apposed yo other artists? I would by a RHCP ticket expecting to get a rapper sub. The Strokes or something like that what they have in the US yet but nothing if their support bothers me here. But similarly to Liam. I would see the point in Kasabian but not The Streets. Lower down acts aren't such a deal.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

What if people just aren't really fussed with rappers as apposed yo other artists? I would by a RHCP ticket expecting to get a rapper sub. The Strokes or something like that what they have in the US yet but nothing if their support bothers me here. But similarly to Liam. I would see the point in Kasabian but not The Streets. Lower down acts aren't such a deal.

I seem to recall that RHCP had Dizzee Rascal as support for Knebworth a decade or so ago. Was slightly more unexpected when he turned up as support for Muse a year later. More unexpected was Babymetal for their 2016 UK shows, which I would've been interested in seeing but couldn't get it over the line.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

His best album is Malibu, give that a blast first. 

I will seek it out and see what I reckon.

16 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I seem to recall that RHCP had Dizzee Rascal as support for Knebworth a decade or so ago. Was slightly more unexpected when he turned up as support for Muse a year later. More unexpected was Babymetal for their 2016 UK shows, which I would've been interested in seeing but couldn't get it over the line.

Dizzee was a bit more commercial though and known more so maybe. Wouldn't be my first choice still but he did do a brilliant 2010 Pyramid sub set. Could have ended the night there and probably should have.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:49 AM, gfa said:

The US shows probably had a higher ticket price knowing how it is out there with about 100 different VIP levels. I do agree though, strong supports are a really nice touch, sometimes huge bands get tiny names to save money which is a shame

We also have dynamic pricing, no need for a lot of vip pricing cause the algorithm takes care of the rest.

I think its funny everyone is complaining about big bands having not the “right” support acts for some reason. The point is to expose you do other artists, especially ones who might take influence from them. Considering the music styles of the  Chili peppers, having Paak and Thundercat as support is  exactly who should be with them. You only like how Keidis “raps” or how Flea plays his bass but its bothersome to hear somebody else thats not them do it in a more pure form? 🤔

And Im sure people will be pleasantly surprised by H.E.R. As much of a record industry plant that she is, has still won a few grammys and can play the guitar really well.

19 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You only like how Keidis “raps” or how Flea plays his bass but its bothersome to hear somebody else thats not them do it in a more pure form? 🤔

This is.. a reach. It's perfectly valid to like one act and not connect with another, regardless of how they've influenced each other, and people can also feel like their £100 ticket would go further with other support bands on the tour than the one on their date.

I saw bloody James Brown support RHCP and there were still people complaining they'd rather be watching Bootsy Collins or whoever the hell else was booked on some of the other shows.

Think this might be the first tour since PVRIS went from 3 people to just Lynn.

I'll see if I fancy it nearer the time. First time I saw them they were great, like they were about to drift into Paramore's slipstream and follow them all the way to the top. Second time, maybe 2 years later, the band seemed to have lost their steam, and Lynn some of her confidence.

41 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Think this might be the first tour since PVRIS went from 3 people to just Lynn.

I'll see if I fancy it nearer the time. First time I saw them they were great, like they were about to drift into Paramore's slipstream and follow them all the way to the top. Second time, maybe 2 years later, the band seemed to have lost their steam, and Lynn some of her confidence.

They were decent just before lockdown at gorilla

Bon Iver 2022

10/16 - Dublin, IE - 3Arena^
10/19 - Leeds, GB - First Direct Arena^
10/20 - Glasgow, GB - The SSE Hydro^
10/24 - Manchester, GB - AO Arena^
10/25 - London, GB - SSE Arena Wembley^
10/26 - London, GB - SSE Arena Wembley
10/31 - Berlin, DE - Mercedes-Benz Arena^
11/2 - Amsterdam, NL - Ziggo Dome^
11/3 - Antwerp, BE - Sportpaleis^
11/5 - Milan, IT - Mediolanum Forum^
11/7 - Barcelona, ES - Palau Sant Jordi^
11/9 - Madrid, ES - WiZink Center^
11/11 - Lisbon, PT - Altice Arena^

^ - W/ Carm

49 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Bon Iver 2022

10/16 - Dublin, IE - 3Arena^
10/19 - Leeds, GB - First Direct Arena^
10/20 - Glasgow, GB - The SSE Hydro^
10/24 - Manchester, GB - AO Arena^
10/25 - London, GB - SSE Arena Wembley^
10/26 - London, GB - SSE Arena Wembley
10/31 - Berlin, DE - Mercedes-Benz Arena^
11/2 - Amsterdam, NL - Ziggo Dome^
11/3 - Antwerp, BE - Sportpaleis^
11/5 - Milan, IT - Mediolanum Forum^
11/7 - Barcelona, ES - Palau Sant Jordi^
11/9 - Madrid, ES - WiZink Center^
11/11 - Lisbon, PT - Altice Arena^

^ - W/ Carm

These dates have been around ages.

29 minutes ago, jump said:

The final announcement for Manchester Punk Festival 2022 has been announced. I love little fests like this as it gives a chance for great acts like Crazy Arm or The JB Conspiracy to have a live audience which isn’t just 12 people in the back of a pub.

image.thumb.jpeg.3ef7b3eadf8821e5be8118f3aa3628d1.jpeg

Some good ones on there. Would recommend Jaya The Cat, Random Hand, Pizzatramp and Roughneck Riot. 

I'm intrigued by Smoking Give You Big Tits 😄

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Some good ones on there. Would recommend Jaya The Cat, Random Hand, Pizzatramp and Roughneck Riot. 

I'm intrigued by Smoking Give You Big Tits 😄

I've seen all the ones you mentioned a few times before, Random Hand in particular I've probably seen about 10+ times. I remember being a kid and those type of cheap DIY punk band shows were the only gigs I could afford and Random Hand were always touring at the time and it was a great night out every time.

I've not heard of Smoking Give You Big Tits before so I've given them a quick play, one of their songs is called My Favourite Fact About Maggie and they just keep talking about Thacther being dead and it then turns into ding dong the witch is dead at the end. lol

6 minutes ago, jump said:

I've not heard of Smoking Give You Big Tits before so I've given them a quick play, one of their songs is called My Favourite Fact About Maggie and they just keep talking about Thacther being dead and it then turns into ding dong the witch is dead at the end. lol

What's not to like!

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Those are remarkably small venues for Stereophonics? But I suppose the album itself is fairly low-key and intimate sounding anyway, so it's probably suitable.

Considering the gigs are in a month, I dont think there had to be a need of booking large rooms and you at least guarantee they all sell out.

29 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Those are remarkably small venues for Stereophonics? But I suppose the album itself is fairly low-key and intimate sounding anyway, so it's probably suitable.

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Considering the gigs are in a month, I dont think there had to be a need of booking large rooms and you at least guarantee they all sell out.

Think that's the idea, and they've got the two big Cardiff dates. 

Jeep isn't my favourite album but I'm wondering if I should take Llandudno when I can get it vs holding out for Cardiff just before Christmas. 

2 hours ago, jump said:

The final announcement for Manchester Punk Festival 2022 has been announced. I love little fests like this as it gives a chance for great acts like Crazy Arm or The JB Conspiracy to have a live audience which isn’t just 12 people in the back of a pub.

image.thumb.jpeg.3ef7b3eadf8821e5be8118f3aa3628d1.jpeg

Would have lapped this up when I was at School!  Was super into The Skints, Random Hand, JB Conspiracy and A Whilhelm Scream back in the day! 

Love Jeff Rosenstock still.  Melt Banana would also be very cool to see!