Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I mean I don't really give a fuck as got the tickets I needed for my mother but if I was a fan of Coldplay I would be very annoyed with all these dates being drip fed out, just release the 6 in one go and it saves lots of people panicking and buying dates they don't really want then trying to swap afterwards.

Same with Liam Gallagher at Knebworth/Etihad/Hampden etc etc

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I mean I don't really give a fuck as got the tickets I needed for my mother but if I was a fan of Coldplay I would be very annoyed with all these dates being drip fed out, just release the 6 in one go and it saves lots of people panicking and buying dates they don't really want then trying to swap afterwards.

Same with Liam Gallagher at Knebworth/Etihad/Hampden etc etc

Yes, folk desperate to get tickets would have bought the corporate or hotel packages, spent hundreds and then discovered more are dates added. @CaledonianGonzo Is correct, hold your nerve especially if their schedule has  free days  like the Hampden gig. It was obvious if the sale went instantly they would add another especially with all the infrastructure in place.  I don’t mind Coldplay bur Mrs C was keen to go so was happy to bag standing tickets at face value.   

Now wonder if this still lights up ?

image.thumb.jpg.0d9043e8f9e689e4f6e8b91d1bb0da8d.jpg

Anyone else feeling hard done by getting H.E.R as support to Coldplay? I could be doing her a disservice but had never heard of her before seeing the name on the concert poster. It seems a bit underwhelming compared to getting London Grammar on some of the other dates including a few of the later released Wembley dates.

H.E.R prove me wrong and knock it out of the park.

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

Anyone else feeling hard done by getting H.E.R as support to Coldplay? I could be doing her a disservice but had never heard of her before seeing the name on the concert poster. It seems a bit underwhelming compared to getting London Grammar on some of the other dates including a few of the later released Wembley dates.

fbe38940-fc9a-4dfe-9cac-7df3e9f5dbfa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dales said:

Listened to a few of her songs and she’s a great smooth voice but reckon more suited to an indoor arena than a full stadium waiting to see Coldplay. Would have liked to see London Grammar but should be able to see them at Glastonbury. 

4 hours ago, Dark Star said:

Holding your nerve on these Coldplay tickets until day of show should see some bargains on Twickets. £40 probably secure a GA ticket, especially on midweek dates. 

Most probably, yes. Usually the way with stadium dates I find.

Wonder if anyone has already committed to going to all 6 Wembley dates.

20 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I never feel hard done by with support. A good support is a bonus. They're not who I'm there to see.

I've found recently that for some big shows it can sway me. Certainly, I'd have been less offended by the Chili Peppers' ticket price for London if they'd brought The Strokes, Haim, Beck or St Vincent with them (like they are doing in the US) rather than Anderson Paak, manly because I'm just not as familiar with his work than the other names listed.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

I've found recently that for some big shows it can sway me. Certainly, I'd have been less offended by the Chili Peppers' ticket price for London if they'd brought The Strokes, Haim, Beck or St Vincent with them (like they are doing in the US) rather than Anderson Paak, manly because I'm just not as familiar with his work than the other names listed.

It's probably better for you if the whole crowd chats through someone you aren't so bothered about seeing as opposed to them chatting through someone whose presence swayed you to buy a ticket.

Edited by dentalplan

23 hours ago, Dales said:

Ladies and Gentleman

Her

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

The US shows probably had a higher ticket price knowing how it is out there with about 100 different VIP levels. I do agree though, strong supports are a really nice touch, sometimes huge bands get tiny names to save money which is a shame

54 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Imagine complaining about getting to see the absolute king that is Anderson .Paak

Hoping they might turn up at the farm, 3 nights in a row may not be so hard if only doing a 45 minute or so support slot.

17 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Saturday 20th - standing , didn’t even bother trying for any other dates but was in a ‘yawn’ zoom meeting , saw on book face that 20th Wembley added , Saturday and just thought I’d try , bloody expensive impulse purchase but hey hopefully be a good light show and Singalong 🙈

It'll be incredible 

I'm actually a bit annoyed about getting my tickets in the pre sale for the Tuesday as I'd prefer to go to 110 Above festival the weekend before, then Coldplay on the 19th or 20th, and i doubt I'll even be able to mess around with the tickets now there are 6 dates, without taking a big loss anyway 

3 hours ago, gfa said:

The US shows probably had a higher ticket price knowing how it is out there with about 100 different VIP levels. I do agree though, strong supports are a really nice touch, sometimes huge bands get tiny names to save money which is a shame

I remember when I saw Muse at Wembley in 2010 we got Biffy Clyro, who were already a fairly decent size (think this was the year Only Revolutions came out) and they were pretty awesome. That was a great afternoon. But that kind of thinking in wanting a strong support has been an influence of late tbf - I'm mainly there for the headline act ofc but I do prefer it when I get a great act to warm up.

I remember seeing the tariffs for some. It may well be US shows are just more expensive in general - Rage Against the Machine's shows at MSG were equivalent to about £95 for the back and sides.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's probably better for you if the whole crowd chats through someone you aren't so bothered about seeing as opposed to them chatting through someone whose presence swayed you to buy a ticket.

True. Or indeed do worse. One of the shittest gig experiences I've had was during Kings of Leon in Birmingham 4 1/2 years ago, when a couple ruined The Bucket (my favourite song of theirs) by having a full-blown fight during it.

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Imagine complaining about getting to see the absolute king that is Anderson .Paak

Not complaining, just not really heard the music before. Any recommendations on where to start?

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

I remember when I saw Muse at Wembley in 2010 we got Biffy Clyro, who were already a fairly decent size (think this was the year Only Revolutions came out) and they were pretty awesome. That was a great afternoon. But that kind of thinking in wanting a strong support has been an influence of late tbf - I'm mainly there for the headline act ofc but I do prefer it when I get a great act to warm up.

I remember seeing the tariffs for some. It may well be US shows are just more expensive in general - Rage Against the Machine's shows at MSG were equivalent to about £95 for the back and sides.

True. Or indeed do worse. One of the shittest gig experiences I've had was during Kings of Leon in Birmingham 4 1/2 years ago, when a couple ruined The Bucket (my favourite song of theirs) by having a full-blown fight during it.

Not complaining, just not really heard the music before. Any recommendations on where to start?

His best album is Malibu, give that a blast first.