Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

22 minutes ago, Slugy said:

I'd like to think the ticket prices are so high because not many bands make a lot of money from album sales anymore a long with production costs. Not so much with Coldplay but I am happy to pay these prices if it keeps my favourite bands going. Does sting a little though when you have multiple to buy in the same month. 😅

The ticket prices are generally okay unless your watching someone at a big arena - for me its the train ticket into London (£20 almost), and getting drinks + usually eat out before the gig. It really adds up

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But remember Brexit has an effect on all of this anyway which is a whole other thing and its had a much bigger impact cause Boris gives fuck all about that industry even though it brings in so much to the economy.

Prices were going up well before Brexit.

I recall paying 70 notes to see Radiohead at the O2 around the time King of Limbs came out.

4 minutes ago, Henrik said:

It has nothing to do with Brexit lol

It has a lot to do with artists earning almost zero from record sales. 

Gig tickets are not even that expensive. 

You mean all those visa fees and such dont add up for european bands entering the country? And tacking that onto the crew wouldnt make prices go higher? Yeah, ok. Same thing happened for the U.S. allowing foreign artists to enter the country. The visa fees almost doubled, so it had to be viable enough financially for some bands to even come here now or theyre just gonna lose money on a small club tour cause of that.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

You mean all those visa fees and such dont add up for european bands entering the country? And tacking that onto the crew wouldnt make prices go higher? Yeah, ok. Same thing happened for the U.S. allowing foreign artists to enter the country. The visa fees almost doubled, so it had to be viable enough financially for some bands to even come here now or theyre just gonna lose money on a small club tour cause of that.

We haven't really had a chance yet to see what impact Brexit has had because acts are only just starting to tour again. The point remains though that ticket prices were rocketing long before Brexit.

For me it's about the perception of value, I wouldn't pay £70/80+ just to see one act in an arena, but at a stadium/park/day festival where they have three or four decent supports then it doesn't seem so bad.

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

The ticket prices are generally okay unless your watching someone at a big arena - for me its the train ticket into London (£20 almost), and getting drinks + usually eat out before the gig. It really adds up

Oh defo, the low end gigs are much better value and are the better bands/experiences in most cases anyway imo. The only problem is I drink like a sailor on shore leave so it always get expensive. Just love that tequila.

Got through the queue for Wembley eventually and no standing tickets left and thought £95 was a bit steep for standing anyway.

Then managed to get 4 pitch tickets for Coldplay for £63 each in Paris by going through the StadeFrance website.

Reckon that's a bit of result 👍   Gives a good excuse to have a nice city break next July.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Might actually take my son to the Coldplay gig.

Thinking that the lights/show might be pretty cool for a first gig for a 6-year-old. 

Although fully aware that having Coldplay as your first gig could be seen as poor parenting. 

If Mrs J isn't interested then I| could always take my four year old.

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I actually managed to nab a pair of £25 Coldplay tickets for the Friday night date. At that price why not?

Annoyingly though as I was doing that Idles sold out on Dice.

Annoyingly I went on Dice for Idles tickets bang on 10am and was made to join the waiting list anyway so don't feel too bad about it.

4 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Annoyingly I went on Dice for Idles tickets bang on 10am and was made to join the waiting list anyway so don't feel too bad about it.

They had tickets + vinyl still on sale when I looked earlier, but I've already got the vinyl on order and don't want to buy twice.

Bit cheeky really, seems like there are plenty more ticket + record than there were GA tickets.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

They had tickets + vinyl still on sale when I looked earlier, but I've already got the vinyl on order and don't want to buy twice.

Bit cheeky really, seems like there are plenty more ticket + record than there were GA tickets.

Surely not, they're a band of the people aren't they?!