Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Ha ha. Yes, my first stadium gig was 23.50 in 1992 . G N' R at Wembley. That would be £50 today. 

Inflation calculators are depressing...

I can see that. My parents have a paper ticket for The Rolling Stones at Wembley in 1982, which cost £11 or thereabouts then (a price that is equivalent to £40 now). Not even half what I've paid for stadium gigs happening next year.

Yeesh.

1 minute ago, benali said:

I'm more shocked that people will pay £90 to see a gig. When did that become acceptable? It's just so wrong on every level.

That's market economics for you. We all have the opportunity to stay at home, but that's the going rate these days. I don't see it changing any time soon.

Of course we can all go and see a bunch of other bands for a lot less money, and I  do that too. But in terms of spectacle and a sense of event, big stadium shows do offer something that you can't get at the local academy (and of course vice versa).

I sincerely wish it was cheaper, but I am fortunate that I can afford these prices. I know that many on tighter budgets struggle to afford these tickets and that is the greater shame. 

12 minutes ago, benali said:

I'm more shocked that people will pay £90 to see a gig. When did that become acceptable? It's just so wrong on every level.

Well Aerosmith are charging £300 for standing tixs at the O2 with that in mind this is a bargain even if it is Coldplay.

1 hour ago, benali said:

It didnt but the thing is, you get what you pay for. You wanna see coldplay with light up wristbands, glow in the dark floorboards, confetti for days with lasers and giant led screens, that costs money. Production crews are in short supply so you might heva to pay a premium to get people to work for you and such. Its not as bad as it could have been if they were really a greedy band. They couldve been like Chili Peppers asking 250 quid for golden circle standing and double that for seats. But considering who is support, you get what you pay for. the Strokes, Anderson Paak, Beck, Haim, Thundercat etc are not taking a discount here. Look at Sheeran. He was asking around 90 for a top ticket and then it went down in price from there. He couldve asked for double and nobody would blink an eye. Some artists are a bit conscious of budgets and some just dont care. I mean the Rolling Stones did their Lucky Dip tickets for their current tour again. 20 pounds can get you into the front row or up in the back, but you at least didnt pay a fortune to get into the building. The promoters lucked out that they didnt have to end up giving discounts like they thought they would have to. People had money to spend and they spent it. Youre fortunate in the uk because there are laws in place to prevent certain types of gouging. There are almost no concerts in the u.s. which give you ticket prices before hand. You have to almost buy blind. And when youre face with the choice on whether to buy or not, you likely will because they have you by the neck and if its an artists you really like, you dont care.  In the end it comes down to whether musicians care about their fans enough not to steal their wallets outright. Those are few and far between. Yu would be surprised as to how many participate in the resale market for their own gigs. Shows you they just want their money.

8 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

I think presale tickets are still on sale for Coldplay, I just go another 4 in a much better position after getting some earlier in one of the corner sections with a worse view. I had two presale codes for some reason, one when we ordered the CD and then another different code this morning, so used both, you might want to check if you had two codes as well. Will sell the first four tickets, I cant image I wont be able to sell them on or sell them back to ticketmaster

I know I am a few pages behind, but Ticketmaster now have a "fan guarantee" which allows you to cancel within 24 hours, although you do lose the booking fees.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Well Aerosmith are charging £300 for standing tixs at the O2 with that in mind this is a bargain even if it is Coldplay.

... ouch that is wallet burstingly bad. Guns N Roses did lots of cash too but not that bad

1 hour ago, benali said:

.For about 3 or 4 years, I think. It's been creeping up over the last 10 years to an absurd degree.

Swedish House Mafia 2022

Thu Sep 29 - Manchester, UK - AO Arena
Fri Sep 30 - Glasgow, UK - OVO Hydro Arena
Sun Oct 2 - London, UK - The O2
Thu Oct 6 - Dublin, Ireland - 3Arena
Sat Oct 8 - Birmingham, UK - Utilita Arena Birmingham
Mon Oct 10 - Paris, FR - Accor Arena
Fri Oct 14 - Madrid, Spain - IFEMA Madrid Live
Sat Oct 15 - Lisbon, Portugal - Altice Arena
Tue Oct 18 - Milan, Italy - Mediolanum Forum
Wed Oct 19 - Zurich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion
Fri Oct 21 - Krakow, Poland - Tauron Arena
Sat Oct 22 - Prague, Czech Republic - O2 Arena
Tue Oct 25 - Cologne, Germany - Lanxess Arena
Thu Oct 27 - Munich, Germany - Olympiahalle
Sat Oct 29 - Antwerp, Belgium - Sportpaleis
Mon Oct 31 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Ziggo Dome
Thu Nov 3 - Vienna, Austria - Stadthalle
Sat Nov 5 - Frankfurt, Germany - Festhalle
Sun Nov 6 - Berlin, Germany - Mercedes-Benz Arena
Tue Nov 8 - Hamburg, Germany - Barclaycard Arena
Wed Nov 9 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Royal Arena
Fri Nov 11 - Oslo, Norway - Telenor Arena
Sun Nov 13 - Tampere, Finland - Uros Arena

17 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Jeez.. £93.50 ++ for standing tickets

Yep...personally I can't stand Coldplay ( 😄 ) but it was left to me to get them as a joint present from me and my gf, my brother and his fiancé.  Think they were all pretty shocked when I told them after all the booking fees it was £189.50 for two standing tickets at Wembley.

My mum has never seen them live and has liked them since they went big in 2000 ish so this will be a good surprise Christmas day present for her. 🙂

11 hours ago, benali said:

I recall paying £80 to see The Stone Roses at Wembley in 2017, and I was that hammered I don't remember much of it. ho hum.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Swedish House Mafia 2022

At least they’re nowhere near GF with that tour.

I'd like to think the ticket prices are so high because not many bands make a lot of money from album sales anymore a long with production costs. Not so much with Coldplay but I am happy to pay these prices if it keeps my favourite bands going. Does sting a little though when you have multiple to buy in the same month. 😅

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Swedish House Mafia 2022

I may need to go Manchester as the date for Birmingham is difficult. Go5 an advance rota. I could seap it later on but don't like breaking two days in a row up and it might coinside with football anyway.

Just now, Slugy said:

I'd like to think the ticket prices are so high because not many bands make a lot of money from album sales anymore a long with production costs. Not so much with Coldplay but I am happy to pay these prices if it keeps my favourite bands going. Does sting a little though when you have multiple to buy in the same month. 😅

Yeah this. 

Acts make fuck all from singles/albums now, got to make their money somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Slugy said:

But remember Brexit has an effect on all of this anyway which is a whole other thing and its had a much bigger impact cause Boris gives fuck all about that industry even though it brings in so much to the economy.

Edited by Suprefan