Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Very impressed with all the sustainability initiatives around the Coldplay tour. They're going to be the first band on this scale doing this sort of thing and it'll force the hand of every other stadium act to be doing similar things, which can only be a good thing.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Surely that thing about creating energy from the crowd moving is a gimmick? Would love to know if that would actually do anything 

No, it's a real thing. A few companies have already been working on dancefloors that help to power clubs. The movement and motion from people on top of tiles – in this case presumably layed on the standing section of their gigs – is passed through and stored in a generator. It won't be generating the entire Coldplay gig but it'll go some way towards helping power eg the catering.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Any idea how much standing tickets will be for Coldplay? 

Got two tix, very excited. Just hope I can somehow get some secondhand tix for that Charli XCX gig next week too...

For the Belgian show: 

Cat 1 (seated): € 138,80

Cat 2 (seated): € 106,40

Cat 3 (standing): € 95,60

Cat 4 (seated): € 78,32

Cat 5 (seated): € 67,52

Cat 6 (seated): € 52,40

Wheelchairs: € 95,60

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Very impressed with all the sustainability initiatives around the Coldplay tour. They're going to be the first band on this scale doing this sort of thing and it'll force the hand of every other stadium act to be doing similar things, which can only be a good thing.

No, it's a real thing. A few companies have already been working on dancefloors that help to power clubs. The movement and motion from people on top of tiles – in this case presumably layed on the standing section of their gigs – is passed through and stored in a generator. It won't be generating the entire Coldplay gig but it'll go some way towards helping power eg the catering.

Well we lost out on the 1975 following through on planting a tree for every ticket bought for their tour whilst they jetted across the world. Billie Eilish had some green initiatives on her then cut short arena tour in 2020 but no indication thats going to be implemented on the dates for next year. I mean Radiohead tried to do this kind of thing almost 15 years ago but nobody paid attention or cared and now the other guys are gonna get the praise for being so caring.

20 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well we lost out on the 1975 following through on planting a tree for every ticket bought for their tour whilst they jetted across the world. Billie Eilish had some green initiatives on her then cut short arena tour in 2020 but no indication thats going to be implemented on the dates for next year. I mean Radiohead tried to do this kind of thing almost 15 years ago but nobody paid attention or cared and now the other guys are gonna get the praise for being so caring.

Maybe a different number of people cared at that point ? The environmental thing is much more topical at the moment …. Why is it a bad thing that someone gets credit ? Ok it’s not the initial person but today on the news I’ve been watching the Coldplay thing and it helps build the focus … which is absolutely a good thing … people have short memories and sometimes a nudge helps 

31 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I mean Radiohead tried to do this kind of thing almost 15 years ago but nobody paid attention or cared and now the other guys are gonna get the praise for being so caring.

..Why make that sound like a bad thing? Whichever massive band did it properly first are always going to get the credit for it and push others to follow their lead. I'm not a Coldplay fan but this is fantastically thought through, well researched, and much more in depth initiatives than any other artist of their level has managed.

The radiohead thing - i still struggled with the whole  t-shirts were 20quid (i think) about a fiver more than the going rate at the time - but the selling point was they were 50percent recycled milk bottles so better for the environment. And this is where it falls down, no one needed 5 different tshirts available at that gig (Victoria park i think) so better for the environment would be to have 1 t shirt for sale. Ultimately no tshirts would be best. (No gig would be best but you've got to live a bit). 

But  mega consumerism choice and green credentials are just trying to square a circle  and we all need to collectively say - nope.

This isnt a dig at Radiohead btw

It was a very good show but its still - dont make the tshirts at all.

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

228A0E00-4DAE-4851-85C8-53D7C7A82219.jpeg

Awesome, seen Coldplay 4 times already but going to shoot for the 16th August date with London Grammar. Apparently ticket prices for Wembley are £60-132 depending where you sit in the arena. This was confirmed by Ticketmaster on Twitter.

Edited by discgoesmic

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Surely this is pushing him way up the bill at Glastonbury. Top 3 pyramid or top 2 OS ?

Other Sub seems about right. Strikes me as the kind of act who isn't overly fussy and could be flexible in taking a lower slot if there's an overabundance of acts at the top end. Plenty of homegrown acts who have blown up closer to the festival have played lower, likes of Rag and Bone Man etc. Playing to a gargantuan crowd 3rd/4th down might be better for him than subbing when he could come up against NGHFB or another similar act on the Pymild who nab the majority of those seeking man with a guitar type music. 

59 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Other Sub seems about right. Strikes me as the kind of act who isn't overly fussy and could be flexible in taking a lower slot if there's an overabundance of acts at the top end. Plenty of homegrown acts who have blown up closer to the festival have played lower, likes of Rag and Bone Man etc. Playing to a gargantuan crowd 3rd/4th down might be better for him than subbing when he could come up against NGHFB or another similar act on the Pymild who nab the majority of those seeking man with a guitar type music. 

Agreed that he will probably be happy wherever he gets to play. Saw him in the O2 in Brizzle only 2 months ago, capacity 1650. Nuts how quickly he has moved up to arenas. He is great though.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:05 AM, Gnomicide said:

The Hold Steady back on Camden next year for The Weekender.

I know this is how they do things these days and I get that it basically saved them as a live outfit but it would be nice if they ventured to Manchester or somewhere closer one year.

711090160_Screenshot_20211011-100150_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.38510605f70f38147bef79b966807846.jpg

I need to ponder this one, train plus hotel doesn't make for a cheap gig. But they're so fucking good.

Me: I'm not going to go, I'm not going to go, I'm not going to go, I'm not going to go....

Message from son... "Shall I book Hold Steady tickets?"

Me: Yeah.