Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I saw a couple of videos from Kasabian’s first gig back tonight, seems like it’s Serge as the frontman as expected but they’re also playing Tom’s vocals over the top of the band, which is an interesting move

The fact that they're using Tom's backing track smacks to me of this being a temporary situation and I fully expect a very carefully worded statement closely followed by his reintegration into the band once he's been "rehabilitated" in the not-so-distant future.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The fact that they're using Tom's backing track smacks to me of this being a temporary situation and I fully expect a very carefully worded statement closely followed by his reintegration into the band once he's been "rehabilitated" in the not-so-distant future.

He’s just started recording his own music 

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah I could see this. Personally don’t think that would be a bad thing, as people we should be able to forgive and grow as people as we’re always learning. Hate cancel culture, it’s like saying everyone is a saint and never done anything wrong in life. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah I could see this. Personally don’t think that would be a bad thing, as people we should be able to forgive and grow as people as we’re always learning. Hate cancel culture, it’s like saying everyone is a saint and never done anything wrong in life. 

Ehhh where is the line though? Give R Kelly another chance? The guy fucked up bad and should be reprimanded for it. Having him back in the band after a year or so wouldn’t be a good look for the rest of them, and tbh I don’t see why they’d relaunch themselves like this if they just planned on having him come back so soon. Maybe in a few years, but I’m fully expecting them to at least have one Tom-less album in them before they even consider bringing him back, if they ever do. 

Of course, that Tom-less album being shit/not being very well received by fans could well be the catalyst for him coming back, but judging by those live videos they seem to be doing just fine without him. 

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's not a fact, it's not Tom's BVs. Very interesting, I fully expected Tom to return at some point. Less certain now.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ehhh where is the line though? Give R Kelly another chance? The guy fucked up bad and should be reprimanded for it. Having him back in the band after a year or so wouldn’t be a good look for the rest of them, and tbh I don’t see why they’d relaunch themselves like this if they just planned on having him come back so soon. Maybe in a few years, but I’m fully expecting them to at least have one Tom-less album in them before they even consider bringing him back, if they ever do. 

Of course, that Tom-less album being shit/not being very well received by fans could well be the catalyst for him coming back, but judging by those live videos they seem to be doing just fine without him. 

I think comparing R Kelly is completely ridiculous. Those are my views and it’s fine for you to disagree. I think if we live in a world where someone can’t make one mistake and learn from it we’re in very dangerous ground. We don’t exactly know the situation with Tom but if he can learn from his actions and be a better person for it then I’m all for that. I don’t think the solution is locking someone up and throwing away the key as that won’t solve the problems we have in society but on the other side of this you can’t expect everyone to be better in their rehabilitation. The band also haven’t relaunched themselves, they’re still using the same band name and using Tom’s vocals over the top so it’s not really that different to Tom being there. At the end of it if his wife and band are happy to have Tom back one day and forgive him then I’ll be happy with that outcome but equally if they both don’t I’ll also be happy with that decision as they’ll all be in a better place to decide than I will. 

Our criminal justice system is based on the idea that once somebody has completed their sentence and been rehabilitated to the level the law seems necessary then they are free to return to society and seek a living.

If his fiancé and his band mates are happy to take him back then that’s entirely their choice. It becomes the personal choice of everyone else whether they choose to engage with him and his music - buy/stream songs and albums, but gig tickets, etc - with the knowledge of his past actions.

Some people will happily forget, others will not.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I saw a couple of videos from Kasabian’s first gig back tonight, seems like it’s Serge as the frontman as expected but they’re also playing Tom’s vocals over the top of the band, which is an interesting move

Its Rob Harvey doing Tom's bits, apparently 

4 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Got myself a Hot Chip ticket for their Earth London show, not going to lie I thought it'd be a scramble for tickets but seems they're still on sale.

Yup grabbed myself 4, didn't realise they're still on there now. How big is the venue? Thought it was tiny. That being said, SeeTickets had two different events for it, for some reason.