Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

9 hours ago, mjh310 said:

Just had a notification that my Lazarus Kane tickets have been cancelled - by the looks of their social media it seems the band is no more! Gutted

Rumours were rife at EOTR that it was the end for these guys. Real shame they were a great fun live  band.

8 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Liam 2 nights at Knebworth sold out, 160k tickets. Seriously impressive stuff, guy was finished after Beady Eye.

Got the source on 80k a night - seen all kinds of numbers being thrown about. Anyone done Knebworth worried its going to take 4 hours to leave. It usually did weekend festivals not day events - hope its not too bad

8 hours ago, SighMo said:

Rumours were rife at EOTR that it was the end for these guys. Real shame they were a great fun live  band.

I thought they actually got worse as a band over the previous two years. Their original fake American schtick was (surprisingly) far more entertaining IMO. I hadn't heard the rumours but am not overly surprised as the singer always seemed to be apart from and apparently actively ignoring the rest of the band in crowds this summer. Something didn't seem right compared with the early days. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Got the source on 80k a night - seen all kinds of numbers being thrown about. Anyone done Knebworth worried its going to take 4 hours to leave. It usually did weekend festivals not day events - hope its not too bad

Not seen a solid number anywhere but 80k is plausible given that the time Oasis played it was to about 130k each night.

The transport will be mitigated, slightly, by it being directly next to a motorway - though still a right ball ache though.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

https://www.gigsandtours.com/news/liam-gallagher-s-huge-knebworth-park-shows-are-now-sold-out-/4520

Mentioned in this article by Gigs and Tours.

On 10/8/2021 at 11:51 AM, priest17 said:

Those supports for the ol chili peppers are mad, if Manchester got Anderson Paak I'd seriously consider it.

I think Manchester is getting ASAP Rocky instead and Anderson Paak is doing the London and Glasgow dates with RHCP.

Think I've said elsewhere but the US dates getting Beck, St Vincent, Haim and/or Strokes as options makes me more jealous but that's mainly just down to being more familiar with them. Even if I'm seeing Foo Fighters with St Vincent as opener and have a three-times rescheduled Haim show in the diary too.

1 hour ago, Jonesy1 said:

Cheers - surprised they haven’t just applied for 130k is there a good practicality reason why they wouldn’t?

2 hours ago, incident said:

Not seen a solid number anywhere but 80k is plausible given that the time Oasis played it was to about 130k each night.

The transport will be mitigated, slightly, by it being directly next to a motorway - though still a right ball ache though.

Yeah I live very nearby just a few stops down the motorway so will have to see. Can see it going to shit given how long its been since their last huge event.

46 minutes ago, gfa said:

Cheers - surprised they haven’t just applied for 130k is there a good practicality reason why they wouldn’t?

Yeah I live very nearby just a few stops down the motorway so will have to see. Can see it going to shit given how long its been since their last huge event.

Not really sure, might not have been given permission for that big of a crowd, it’s been 18 years since Knebworth was used at full capacity.

Noticed a few rumours on Twitter that the event has to be finished at 8pm. Also states on ticketmaster it’s an 11am start so it could be true. Surely not though.

21 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Not really sure, might not have been given permission for that big of a crowd, it’s been 18 years since Knebworth was used at full capacity.

Noticed a few rumours on Twitter that the event has to be finished at 8pm. Also states on ticketmaster it’s an 11am start so it could be true. Surely not though.

Surely not, that would be an absolute pisstake i'd dump my ticket instantly

56 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

See Tickets mentions a departure time of 11:45 pm for the return coaches. 8 pm seems like quite early then. 11:00 am is mentioned as the opening of the doors on the same website

Im off to showhawk duo in Bristol on friday at Thekla which is sold out  .... if anyone wants tickets im quite likely to have 2 spares .... please PM Me ..... depending on when the ticket holders decide what they want to do with them they will be likely below cost or might be free .... 

3 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

No chance whatsoever of it finishing at 8. 

2 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Common sense says the curfew won't be anywhere near as early as 8pm. The amount of outcry that'd get would be insane.

While they've not had many big standalone concerts recently, the venue has continued to be used since then for Festivals - most recently Cool Britannia, and before that Sonisphere. None of them have had any reported issues with sound limits so it'd be absurd for them to be reimposed now.

2 hours ago, franswa said:

See Tickets mentions a departure time of 11:45 pm for the return coaches. 8 pm seems like quite early then. 11:00 am is mentioned as the opening of the doors on the same website

I think it'll start at 12:30 allowing everyone to get in/traffic issues. Liam I think will do a 2hr set. Kasabian will get around 1hr 15 I think. Michael 55 at a guess. Fat White Family say 45 and Goat Girl 35 just at a guess.

It totally passed me by but Ashcroft on Friday in the Michael slot would be ace.

4 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Sonisphere Festival was held for several years up to 6/7 years ago with a 11pm curfew for main stage. 

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does anyone seriously believe Liam Gallagher of all people would agree to play a venue with an 8pm curfew?

It’s a trap set by the fancy lords that own Knebworth House. They know the dark fruit  lot won’t leave by 8pm so as soon as it’s 8.01 they release the hounds and going hunting for bucket hat trespassers.