Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

5 hours ago, Chef said:

image.thumb.png.7872f60ed4a2243eedb26c78091358fc.png

EDIT: 

Special guests A$AP Rocky and Thundercat in Manchester & Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals and Thundercat in London & Glasgow
Get Live Nation presale tickets next Thursday 14th October at 10am - register and log in to My Live Nation to gain access!

I first saw news of the RHCP tour on The Strokes' Instagram and briefly got my hopes up that was the support before realising they were support for half a dozen US shows instead. Had that been the case, it would've been justified going.

I know little about Anderson .Paak... any good?

21 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah Inwent to that gig, it was more of a “donate a fiver to TCT and you’re in the ballot”’ deal. Not the same as this.

To be honest I’m shocked more promoters haven’t tried this.

Yeah, both in a different scale of event and different purpose. Chances are it'll probably end up being a major thing before long, especially for artists that don't do the "Pre-order our new album to gain early access" thing.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I know little about Anderson .Paak... any good?

Better than RHCP certainly. Although he's in the fairly awful Trolls film that my kids watch all the time so I mostly associate him with this brightly coloured c**t:

download (21).jpeg

Edited by mcshed
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mcshed said:

Better than RHCP certainly. Although he's in the fairly awful Trolls film that my kids watch all the time so I mostly associate him with this brightly coloured c**t:

download (21).jpeg

Urgh... such a shitty premise. ‘The wonderful, heroic pop trolls will save the world from the evil rock music trolls’. Even if it’s the other way round it’s an awful way to indoctrinate kids into thinking in partisan terms about cultural sub-groups.

And though it may get a bit huggy at the end, it’s too little too late the damage is done, and a lot of kids would’ve got distracted by that point anyway.

Yeah I’ve been subjected to it a few times in case you hadn’t guessed, mostly spent glowering at the screen. Troll fatigue!

I did get a tear in my eye though when mini moth declared, unprompted, “Daddy, I like the rock trolls”.

Fuckin trolls.

And it’s got James fuckin Corden.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Still expected it to be more. £73 and you know he's going to go very Oasis hit heavy on it.

25 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

Yeah I was quite pleased with the price to be honest, not sure if that’s more to do with my low expectations of gig pricing these days

£73 is pretty decent for a stadium sized gig, festival headliner and his name. Think it was over £80 for my Foos ticket next year. 

got my LG tickets, live about 15 minutes away. Hope the friday supports are good, saturday's aren't really to my tastes so taken a gamble. Killers the day after too, should be a fantastic weekend